Tot Internet

Thailand

I only got my tot line last Wednesday.

Downloading at 80-90kbs for the 4 days UNTIL this morning, was so slow that web pageswould not load.

Back to normal at about 10am

Not so bad downloaded 20Gb in 4 days so far, I'm happy with that.

Edited by sarahsbloke

I don't have internet at my hotel. What I have is intermitent net. :) It shuts down for no apparent reason. It's off for days at a time and then starts back up all on its own. I can't count on anything. :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

After being absolutely nasty to 3BB a couple of months ago - so nasty that they must have recorded my mobile number - they immediately knew who was ringing before I spoke :)

The nastiness paid off and internet is once again reliable at around 5mb

My neighbour just switched from TOT as it was so useless.

Yes, I hear people grumble about ToT a lot, but I get 280kbps every day...

which is equal to a 700 mb dvd ripped movie download in less than an hour!! - allegedly

so either its a tech fault, or those anarchist students have just been freed from academic slavery for the holdays, and are hogging all the internet juice.

Edited by whiterussian

I too have TOT ADSL, and have reverted to my old standby Loxinfo dial up today as TOT was going no-where. (I am in Chiang Mai near Saraphee, have TOT phone landline)

My biggest problem with TOT, at whatever speed, is that it will not process my outgoing email. Incoming OK.

I phoned TOT, and they said, yes, there is a problem, and I would have to reconfigure my SMTP to their address.

I have 3 email providers - one Loxinfo, one from my UK web site, and one from Pacific Net in Singapore.

I work outside Thailand for average 6 months of the year, and can always access my emails no problem whatever other country/hotel/worksite, so I am not about to mess with my settings just for TOT.

(My computer skills are "just get by for what I need to do" level, so I don't mess with stuff I don't understand).

I know this has already been asked and answered many times, but the situation changes all the time - what would anyone recommend in CNX as an alternative to TOT?

Cheers,

Jangot.

Yes, awful today but my three week old 4Mb/s TOT connection has been able to download 350Kbps fairly reliably when the data is there to be got and my last house had a good connection too. TOT is not universally bad but something's definitely up at the moment and it's struggling to load Yahoo and TV. It seems to me that it's the area you're living in that has the most bearing on the choice of ISP and asking the neighbours is a good strategy before signing up with anyone.

Edited by Greenside

Unusable this morning in the office. One of the staff called TOT on their own initiative (i.e internet was so bad they couldn' t access whatever site is the usual subsitute for work :) ). Amazingly TOT called back...... apparently two "main cables" were broken one was fixed around lunch time when they called and the other "would be fixed" by 17:00. Well it got better in the afternoon, though not acceptable and was back to normal (TOT normal :D that is) around 17:00 so I guess they were being truthful for a change!

Unusable this morning in the office. One of the staff called TOT on their own initiative (i.e internet was so bad they couldn' t access whatever site is the usual subsitute for work :) ). Amazingly TOT called back...... apparently two "main cables" were broken one was fixed around lunch time when they called and the other "would be fixed" by 17:00. Well it got better in the afternoon, though not acceptable and was back to normal (TOT normal :D that is) around 17:00 so I guess they were being truthful for a change!

Thanks for posting that info..... I phoned them all day and constantly got the engaged signal. Your staff were lucky to get through and TOT actually phoned back, another miracle...