Thaksin's Rural Red Shirts Swarm The Capital

webfact

Just need to keep them in certain areas, and stop the resupply of food and water, when they have no food and drink they will go home.

There seems to be a lot of Police around the Bangkok Bank, I wonder if any of those so called Red Leaders actually have Bank accounts with that specific Bank.

Bangkok Bank has associations with Prem, so I understand. Hence, if that is the case they would be a potential target as they blame him for the downfall of their convicted criminal leader.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need to keep them in certain areas, and stop the resupply of food and water, when they have no food and drink they will go home.

There seems to be a lot of Police around the Bangkok Bank, I wonder if any of those so called Red Leaders actually have Bank accounts with that specific Bank.

Oh right... like they did at the airport? stop food and supplies? utilities? you see this is the POINT if it was fair and across the board cracking down most would support it

The native Thais who wore the red shirts and the Thai citizens who also wore the red shirts seems to forget that their exiled fugitve cult leader is not a full blooded Thai. In case of memory loss, Thaksin Shinawatra's first agenda as Prime Minister of Thailand was to visit his family's ancestral beginnings in China. That move showed only that he does not respect the Thais and Thailand. He showed that he is a Chinese with a Thai citizenship living in Thailand. Although he was born in Thailand, he does not care at all about being a Thai. For him, he is a Chinese and not Thai. And for added insult to the Thais, he called the country of Thailand as his company and the Thais his followers and employees. The wounds were still fresh when yet he added another insult to the bleeding ego of Thais, he sold his telecom company to a Singapore based organization run and managed by Chinese as well. For what reason why Thaksin couldn't sell his telecom company to his fellow native Thais and fellow Thai-Chinese, only Thaksin and his wife knows the reason. There are so many Billionaires and Millionaires in Thailand who could come up with the amount he asked for the sale of his telecom company.

No matter how wise a man in running a business, the man is destined to fall hard and broken if his intentions are to create chaos and anarchy. There was an article from Bangkok Post within six months after Thaksin was elected as Thailand's Prime Minister that showed whom Thaksin admired for their intelligence. One of those photos was of Jose Rizal of the Philippines. I couldn't find any answers or reasons why Thaksin admired Jose Rizal who fought for the independence of The Philippines from the Spaniards peacefully with no bloodshed. In contrast, Thaksin has vowed to destroy Thailand unless he becomes the uncontested leader of the thugs and vagabonds he buys with his ill-gotten wealth. The only comparison I can think of is:

Imelda Marcos (wife of Ferdinand Marcos) and Suharto of Indonesia and Hitler = Thaksin Shinawatra.

Imagine what would life be in Asia if this monster who calls himself a Thai and yet shows no respect to Thailand succeeds in his evil plans. He is crazy. Just like Hitler who was imprisoned when he attempted a failed coup in Germany and later on became the elected leader of the German race. The result ----->>> World War II and Jewish Holocaust.

Hitler pretended to resign from his political life after he was released from prison with the intention of creating chaos within his political party only to come back when he felt he has the upper hand to regain his position. NEVER should this be allowed to happen in Asia.

Thaksin signed and gave the order to assasinate and kill thousands of Thais and foreigners living in Thailand who were suspected of dealing with banned narcotics. A lot of innoncents were caught in that executive order and lost their lives in the end as the order was to kill and not to arrest. That is the not a good quality of a Prime Minister who talks about democracy when Thaksin was removed from his position as Prime Minister of Thailand.

The Truth --->>>> those people were killed to silence competitors and future witnesses that could prove that Thaksin also deals with illegal narcotics and contrabands. The wealth that was sequestered from those killed went to his pockets. And the arms robbery of an Army camp in Southern Thailand, that was his grand idea. Create and instill the fear of violence so he can hold on to his mad dream for power.

Sighhh......being a billionare was not enough.

And for the Thais who wore the Yellow shirts, they protested voluntarily. Nobody paid them and they did not create violence. They protested and disrupted airport operations and occupied government institutions to force the puppet government of an EXILED MAD MAN to resign and hold elections. They were there to protect their rights as Thais. As for the reds, what are they fighting for. What are they protecting?

Wake up Thailand!

Edited by bermuda

They will get frustrated. They don't have the majority support or the moral authority to pull off what they are demanding. They do have fermented fish. You figure it out ...

Actually they do have the support, which party got the most votes in the last elections.

Correct... and to make things even clearer, may I add a quote from the BBC on line news site on 25th February 2010?

"...a shaky coalition installed by parliament rather than elected by popular mandate. "

Morals, I can't comment upon.

And no, I am not a Red, nor am I a Yellow.

The red shirts are in a bind. Without violence they will be ignored.

With violence they will be as discredited as they were as a result of the last Songkran events.

Eventually the bluster will run out.

Next step? Try to negotiate a 'victory' to justify a retreat.

I would agree, the government can wait then out - and where will that leave the reds.

Or they, meaning the paid lackies of Thaksin, can instigate real trouble leading to the bloodshed of innocent people conned into coming to Bangkok in the name of democracy when in actual fact they have been manipulated all for the benefit of one person - namely a convicted criminal named Thaksin and his paid hencemen.

Why is taksin being treated so differntly from every other thai polition, he is no more corrupt than the rest, his party didnt do any more vote buying than the oposition partys or any previous governments, the whole thing the thai people are worried about is that taksin and his supporters are not being dealt with the same as the yellow shirts , after all who was democratically elected in the first place, why weren't their leaders held and prosecuted when they closed the airport, the main concern is that government be fair and open across the board, not one set of rules for one side and another set for the other as seems to be applying at present.

By the way most thai's both red and yellow shirts think the present leader Abisit is okay the problem is that he wasn;t democratically elected.

I agree and I disagree........corruption is rife in Thailand but Mr Thaksin took it to a level that was unacceptable even for the corrupt elite of Bangkok...

Edited by johnh101

They will get frustrated. They don't have the majority support or the moral authority to pull off what they are demanding. They do have fermented fish. You figure it out ...

You're wrong again dude - they have majority support in the country as far as people i know - tuk tuks up here are flying red flags - I have yet to find any yellow fellows outside of BKK and this forum

Same here, even though most thais where i live (Central west thailand) were scared to go to Bangkok, I was amazed to realize nearly 100% of them are for the reds.

Yup so that's the Central West and North... just BKK intellectual 'head up Rot Tot' I want, I want, I want elite who are yellow fellows then... minority - test the hypothesis - hold an election... but No not want to do that? why...? let's wait a year they shout!!! we need to figure a way to stay in power... and we don't want a democratic process - I mean IF we win it's fair right? and it 'they' win they obviously bought the votes right?

You know I have searched and searched - I did find one yellow fellow - a friend who is a little right of Ghengis Khan (farang) he loves them -we argue all the time :)

Hmm, well I would guess there are actually a significant amount of people who have no alignment to either red or yellow. It seems anyone who speaks out against the reds is deemed as a yellow by those red and Takki Shinegra supporters - that is total nonsense.

That isn't a purely red trait. There are Thaksin haters that are not much better.

For being critical with the Abhisit government i got a more than a couple of times insulted as a Thaksin supporter.

And if you are using an avater that resembles yellow propaganda material you cannot blame the others that they mistake you for a yellow too. I saw other avatars on various web boards that mock Thaksin as well, also in a more humorous way, that didn't had the association with the 'yellow style'.

Just a suggestion, maybe there lies the reason, that others came up with the fallacy and take you for yellow - what is of course total nonsense as you said.

Correct... and to make things even clearer, may I add a quote from the BBC on line news site on 25th February 2010?

"...a shaky coalition installed by parliament rather than elected by popular mandate. "

Morals, I can't comment upon.

YES - that's what jdasia and jingthingy don't get

Not normally in to politics and let's face it in every day life there is so much politics in the work place everywhere in the World, but what worries me is that how many arms and grenades have been delivered to Bangkok. before the announcement of this rally. Just a thought!!!

Edited by jhwest

Bangkok Bank has associations with Prem, so I understand. Hence, if that is the case they would be a potential target as they blame him for the downfall of their convicted criminal leader.

"Bangkok Bank has associations with Prem...."

What does that mean?

You're wrong again dude - they have majority support in the country as far as people i know - tuk tuks up here are flying red flags - I have yet to find any yellow fellows outside of BKK and this forum

Well let's see, are you in Chang Mai? Thaksin strong hold? Come to southern Thailand and the only red shits they're wearing here are wearing them because it's Sunday! 100,000 people nationally turn up, mostly because they are paid to? What a statement of support!

Hmmm well sorry I live in Thailand's second largest City! South? isnt that where the Mussie Wussie bombs are?

you live in Chonburi? :)

The native Thais who wore the red shirts and the Thai citizens who also wore the red shirts seems to forget that their exiled fugitve cult leader is not a full blooded Thai. In case of memory loss, Thakin Shinawatra's first agenda as Prime Minister of Thailand was to visit his family's ancestral beginnings in China. That move showed only that he does not respect the Thais and Thailand. He showed that he is a Chinese with a Thai citizenship leaving in Thailand. Although he was born in Thaland, he does not care at all about being a Thai. For him, he is a Chinese and not Thai. And for added insult to the Thais, he called the country of Thailand as his company and the Thais his followers and employees. The wounds were still fresh when yet he added another insult to the bleeding ego of Thais, he sold his telecom company to a Singapore based organization run and managed by Chinese as well. For what reason why Thaksin couldn't sell his telecom company to his fellow native Thais and fellow Thai-Chinese, only Thaksin and his wife knows the reason. There are so many Billionaires and Millionaires in Thailand who could come up with the amount he asked for the sale of his telecom company.

No matter how wise a man in running a business, the man is destined to fall hard and broken if his intentions are to create chaos and anarchy. There was an article from Bangkok Post within six months after Thaksin was elected as Thailand's Prime Minister that showed whom Thaksin admired for their intelligence. One of those photos was of Jose Rizal of the Philippines. I couldn't find any answers or reasons why Thaksin admired Jose Rizal who fought for the independence of The Philippines from the Spaniards peacefully with no bloodshed. In contrast, Thaksin has vowed to destroy Thailand unless he becomes the uncontested leader of the thugs and vagabonds he buys with his ill-gotten wealth. The only comparison I can think of is:

Imelda Marcos (wife of Ferdinand Marcos) and Suharto of Indonesia and Hitler = Thaksin Shinawatra.

Imagine what would life be in Asia if this monster who calls himself a Thai and yet shows no respect to Thailand succeeds in his evil plans. He is crazy. Just like Hitler who was imprisoned when he attempted a failed coup in Germany and later on became the elected leader of the German race. The result ----->>> World War II and Jewish Holocaust.

Hitler pretended to resign from his political life after he was released from prison with the intention of creating chaos within his political party only to come back when he felt he has the upper hand to regain his position. NEVER should this be allowed to happen in Asia.

Thaksin signed and gave the order to assasinate and kill thousands of Thais and foreigners living in Thailand who were suspected of dealing with banned narcotics. A lot of innoncents were caught in that executive order and lost their lives in the end as the order was to kill and not to arrest. That is the not a good quality of a Prime Minister who talks about democracy when Thaksin was removed from his position as Prime Minister of Thailand.

The Truth --->>>> those people were killed to silence competitors and future witnesses that could prove that Thaksin also deals with illegal narcotics and contrabands. The wealth that was sequestered from those killed went to his pockets. And the arms robbery of an Army camp in Southern Thailand, that was his grand idea. Create and instill the fear of violence so he can hold on to his mad dream for power.

Sighhh......being a billionare was not enough.

And for the Thais who wore the Yellow shirts, they protested voluntarily. Nobody paid them and they did not create violence. They protested and disrupted airport operations and occupied government institutions to force the puppet government of an EXILED MAD MAN to resign and hold elections. They were there to protect their rights as Thais. As for the reds, what are they fighting for. What are they protecting?

Wake up Thailand!

That's Life, look at how many companies in europe are actually owned by europeans, you will soon find out that a lot of american and asian countries own most of them. So selling is company to someone in singapore is not a crime, its a business transaction.

Just for example, I own 23% of shares of Microsoft, and my brokerage account is in USA, and I am a european national. You only get taxed on Dividends received, but if I sold all them 23% shares I still would not get taxed even if I made a profit.

At the end if Thaksin gave the order to remove the drug dealers, thats good news, the less the better, because 1 dealer kills many hundred innocent people. And that dealer does not care unless he making $$$. And since Thaksin as left, there are more drugs on the street, and being sold from schools to school children, how would you feel if your child was hooked up with a bad habit owing money to a drug dealer.

Abisit as done nothing in power, to reduce crime or drugs.

Looking at the history of Thailand, the elites and the rural poor, have been fighting for centuries.

At the end of the day it's a thai problem, and I stopped reading news, as 89% of it is utter BS. So us falangs, just get on as normal, and order the beer in.

Edited by bwalker1973

Hmm, well I would guess there are actually a significant amount of people who have no alignment to either red or yellow. It seems anyone who speaks out against the reds is deemed as a yellow by those red and Takki Shinegra supporters - that is total nonsense.

That isn't a purely red trait. There are Thaksin haters that are not much better.

For being critical with the Abhisit government i got a more than a couple of times insulted as a Thaksin supporter.

And if you are using an avater that resembles yellow propaganda material you cannot blame the others that they mistake you for a yellow too. I saw other avatars on various web boards that mock Thaksin as well, also in a more humorous way, that didn't had the association with the 'yellow style'.

Just a suggestion, maybe there lies the reason, that others came up with the fallacy and take you for yellow - what is of course total nonsense as you said.

I didn't know that Mr Happy Toilet would be seen as Yellow plopaganda, sorry propaganda, but then there has been so much shit thrown around recently who knows.

Despite how vigorous the pro-Thaksin supporters claim no money is changing hands for the supporters, we in the capital don't have to go far to hear from people that have been offered cash to attend - the maid of my last workplace for one.

Turnout directly equates cash. Thaksin is going for it this time.

I know quite a few thai's that have left pattaya, and they have informed that they collected 2000 baht for attending, and will get 2000 baht a day till it is over.

So someone must be funding this movement. Since somebody wired 1 billion baht from europe a few weeks ago, they do have plenty of coin. The Anti Money Police are investigating this hugh transfer already.

Let's do the math...1 billion baht consumed at 2,000 baht per person per day provides for 500,000 'person-days'. If an optimistic amount of protestors--say, 100,000 of them--were supported by this largesse, the money would sustain 5 days of this nonsensical buffoonery. Somebody really must enjoy throwing his money down the Mother of all Toilets. What a joke and a travesty to the millions of Thai people who scrape out a living to try to keep from starving. Better the Omnipotent but Disgraced One dole out his money to the poor as alms instead of paying for ill-fated protests. Heck, had he paid his taxes for the sale of Shin, he would still be in office. Double shame on this meglomaniac twit. The Thai people deserve far better but are too obsessed with the Man for their own good.

"Bangkok Bank has associations with Prem...."

What does that mean?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2010/02/18...cs_30122876.php

There are a number of others.

Google is your friend.

With violence they will be as discredited as they were as a result of the last Songkran events.

Actually the people who are in a bind are the mean spirited and blinkered people who refuse to accept that there has a been a huge response to the red rally, and that so far thank goodness it has been peaceful and good natured.Credit too to Abhisit who has shown a cool head and humanity, as one would expect from someone who is an intelligent and equally importantly a decent human being.This poster seems disappointed there has been no violence to speak of.Perhaps he and others like him will have their wish granted, but I'm praying for a peaceful end.The reds' point has already been made.Some of the reported interviews with individual reds are truly inspiring: no doubt some are there for the handouts and I would guess even more for the fun of it all.But there's an essential seriousness coming through that the greedy and unfair domination of the country must come to an end.

but that will not put an end to "unfair" domination. look at those who run the red party. they also have no one at a local level upcountry, they'll still be handled by elite. i don't know if they are sure what they are fighting or standing for. doesn't appear they do.

"Domination" By who? The people who have most dominated the rural people, for several decades, is their own local 'elected' parliamentarians and their local vilage chiefs, who have manipulated (and intimidated) the poor for their own selfish ends and have got very rich in the process.

Take a trip upcountry and see the massive luxurious homes bigger than palaces owned by Esan parliamentarians, numerous expensive cars in the driveway, masses of staff (read servants - treated as servants by their own local now unusually rich bosses). The same people who for decades have done nothing to ensure better / more local infrastrucute, diversification, and done nothing in terms of better education, etc etc.

"Handled by the elite". I suggest you reread the paragraph just above.

Quote from upper post:

"i don't know if they are sure what they are fighting or standing for. doesn't appear they do."

Well that's very true:

- This week it's a demand for new elections.

- Last week they were the champions of democracy.

- The previous month their warcry was a demand for a pardon for their very corrupt manipulator.

- Next week ?

I would agree, the government can wait then out - and where will that leave the reds.

Or they, meaning the paid lackies of Thaksin, can instigate real trouble leading to the bloodshed of innocent people conned into coming to Bangkok in the name of democracy when in actual fact they have been manipulated all for the benefit of one person - namely a convicted criminal named Thaksin and his paid hencemen.

Why is taksin being treated so differntly from every other thai polition, he is no more corrupt than the rest, his party didnt do any more vote buying than the oposition partys or any previous governments, the whole thing the thai people are worried about is that taksin and his supporters are not being dealt with the same as the yellow shirts , after all who was democratically elected in the first place, why weren't their leaders held and prosecuted when they closed the airport, the main concern is that government be fair and open across the board, not one set of rules for one side and another set for the other as seems to be applying at present.

By the way most thai's both red and yellow shirts think the present leader Abisit is okay the problem is that he wasn;t democratically elected.

I agree and I disagree........corruption is rife in Thailand but My Thaksin took it to a level that was unacceptable even for the corrupt elite of Bangkok...

Only unacceptable as the pie was being cut up and they were getting reduces shares..

Looks at previous Democrat Gov's, land scandals and slicing up Phukets sor por kor land for thier own sales..

Despite how vigorous the pro-Thaksin supporters claim no money is changing hands for the supporters, we in the capital don't have to go far to hear from people that have been offered cash to attend - the maid of my last workplace for one.

Turnout directly equates cash. Thaksin is going for it this time.

I know quite a few thai's that have left pattaya, and they have informed that they collected 2000 baht for attending, and will get 2000 baht a day till it is over.

So someone must be funding this movement. Since somebody wired 1 billion baht from europe a few weeks ago, they do have plenty of coin. The Anti Money Police are investigating this hugh transfer already.

Let's do the math...1 billion baht consumed at 2,000 baht per person per day provides for 500,000 'person-days'. If an optimistic amount of protestors--say, 100,000 of them--were supported by this largesse, the money would sustain 5 days of this nonsensical buffoonery. Somebody really must enjoy throwing his money down the Mother of all Toilets. What a joke and a travesty to the millions of Thai people who scrape out a living to try to keep from starving. Better the Omnipotent but Disgraced One dole out his money to the poor as alms instead of paying for ill-fated protests. Heck, had he paid his taxes for the sale of Shin, he would still be in office. Double shame on this meglomaniac twit. The Thai people deserve far better but are too obsessed with the Man for their own good.

Well said, what a waste of money, especially when there are so many serious issues that need attention in Thailand.

I agree and I disagree........corruption is rife in Thailand but My Thaksin took it to a level that was unacceptable even for the corrupt elite of Bangkok...

An interesting comment. What was unacceptable was that Thaksin was organising to centralise all power through himself. He was openly putting his own guys (family and police associates) into State power positions and using his financial strength to buy loyalty while in power. The final step before the coup was his attempt to take over the military high points. A step too far. The reds are just pawns in a very specific power conflict. His power base emanated and emanates from a coalition hoping to benefit from some handouts.

Geez... you must be in a stricktly red neighborhood. I'm in the outskirts of Chiang Mai near Maejo University and for the most part, all the Thais that I hang out with are sick to death of it all. And by the way, I was raised here in Thailand so I only usually only hang out with my Thai family and neighbors & only speak Thai. I was all around town this weekend and the amount of those wearing red is sparsely few. It's a losing battle trying to get a Government not guilty of Graft to walk away because of a bunch of peabrains who believe that if their exalted Leader is put back in charge that money will come floating down from Heaven. They need to face reality (as do you "Chiang Mai Fun") and get a job instead of sitting around waiting for miracles to happen, as this will fizzle and fade very soon.

This is all propaganda and scare mongering. The red shirts are going to sieze the 11th infantry battalion please...... We are educated farangs.... Who is throwing out all these wierd and wonderful fairy tales. This is propoganda spread by the elite yellow.... and yes yellow which means frightened.

This is all propaganda and scare mongering. The red shirts are going to sieze the 11th infantry battalion please...... We are educated farangs.... Who is throwing out all these wierd and wonderful fairy tales. This is propoganda spread by the elite yellow.... and yes yellow which means frightened.

Well, the red shirts are most certainly going to protest outside the 11th infantry base tomorrow. Whether they attempt to seize it remains to be seen. We should hope they don't, but they might.

Abhisit will be long gone anyway to some other location.

Anyway the yellow seized the House of Gvt easily and without punishment afterwards. Why reds could not seize a couple of barracks.

Also, all of us know that we cannot believe yellow propaganda.

Do you think that the Thai's give a <deleted> what falangs think? So why all the speculation and worry? Let them get on with it.

It is not our country (as is often said on this forum) sit back let them get on with it and then in a couple of years sit back again and watch the replay.

So what if 'T' comes back and robs the country blind again, is it going to affect you? The answer is "No" Is it going to affect the morons who are paid to demonstrate and vote? Maybe "Yes"

But if that is what the majority of people want let them have it.

This is after all a third world country and is seen as such internationally.

Geez... you must be in a stricktly red neighborhood. I'm in the outskirts of Chiang Mai near Maejo University and for the most part, all the Thais that I hang out with are sick to death of it all. And by the way, I was raised here in Thailand so I only usually only hang out with my Thai family and neighbors & only speak Thai. I was all around town this weekend and the amount of those wearing red is sparsely few. It's a losing battle trying to get a Government not guilty of Graft to walk away because of a bunch of peabrains who believe that if their exalted Leader is put back in charge that money will come floating down from Heaven. They need to face reality (as do you "Chiang Mai Fun") and get a job instead of sitting around waiting for miracles to happen, as this will fizzle and fade very soon.

Amen to that...good post YEOWWW. I live around the corner and see it much the same way. There is an undeniable undercurrent of support for the beleaguered former PM but the locals are tiring of the problem and seem to understand that the UDD is fighting a losing battle. The battle may be nearing its end, but I'm afraid the war is a long way from over. As somebody else said, earlier, the age-old issue that divides the intelligentsia from the rural poor is the real problem. It will continue to fester until the Thai elitists figure some way to appease their needier countrymen. This will take a new champion who has yet not emerged onto the scene. When this modern-day Lochinvar comes riding out of the sunset, it will be a time of reconcilation and healing for the populace. Pray that this day happens sooner than later.

Edited by Fore Man

I live in the San Sai area and most I speak with are very pro red but I must also say not pro thaskin. They loved what his party did for them in regards to education and health but do not support the man himself.