Kubota Finance

tinytot

I am wanting to know if a falang who has thai wife get finance for a kubota? We dont live in Thailand but wifes family lives issan area, We were coming back in a few months and decided to buy a kubota for her father when we come back, Just want to know if not having a work visa or thai citizenship would they allow me to finance a kubota, What sort of deposit would i need and what documents would i need, eg letter from my employer in Australia bank statements if anyone know if this can be done and what i need, Please leave reply...cheers...tinytot

• 4 months later...

I bought a Kubota 46HP in the beginning of July in the wife's name. 50% down and one year to pay the balance whenever I fell like it.

Credit in the wife's name, sign some papers and deliver the tractor and three implaments that afternoon. Bought it from Udon Thani Kubota

No problem, as they say.

You really have no problem.  You have a Thai wife; she has family who can sign up as guarantors for the debt and they will; Thais feel much more comfortable in debt than out of it; you are a farang so your credit is probably very good; Kubota really want to sell; the leasing company really wants the business.  Is this a tractor?  I'd think twice before buying.  Read up what Maizefarmer has to say about choice of tractors.  Personally, I dare to think differently from him on the weight issue but I don't tell anyone.  His is the very best advice on this.

G'luck.

• 1 month later...

You really have no problem.  You have a Thai wife; she has family who can sign up as guarantors for the debt and they will; Thais feel much more comfortable in debt than out of it; you are a farang so your credit is probably very good; Kubota really want to sell; the leasing company really wants the business.  Is this a tractor?  I'd think twice before buying.  Read up what Maizefarmer has to say about choice of tractors.  Personally, I dare to think differently from him on the weight issue but I don't tell anyone.  His is the very best advice on this.

G'luck.

The sale was in the wife's name but no family was required to sign as guarantors (They don't have any money or land anyway) We paid half in cash (the balance due in one year) as I said she signed some papers and the tractor was on the truck by the time the ink was dry. They did quiz us as to the amount of land we have, approx 120 Rai.They also came out to the house and took a picture of the place, vehicles owned etc. and proceded to put the hard sell on a mechanized rice planter and rice combine. I turned them down.

As for the tractor itself I grew up on a farm in Canada and have a pretty good idea what I need for my operation, I've read Maizefarmer's post's and find his advice quite practical.

As my father used to say it doesn't matter what colour the paint is, the dealer network is more important and Kubota has Ford beat hands down around here. Personnaly I'd have preferred a John Deere that being what I grew up with, but the one small dealer is a 4 hour drive.

I've been using the tractor and the rototiller quite extensively now for 4 months and it's the perfect machine for my needs and the dealer support is excellent. I'm not used to having a dealer mechanic make house calls for routine service (For free) They don't in Canada.

I think the OPs question was ,"can a falang get finance" the answer is no but as stated your TW can. If you put up 50% deposit you do not need guarantors ,less than that they will ask for one or two co signors (guarantors).

The machine will be in your wifes name.

You really have no problem. You have a Thai wife; she has family who can sign up as guarantors for the debt and they will; Thais feel much more comfortable in debt than out of it; you are a farang so your credit is probably very good; Kubota really want to sell; the leasing company really wants the business. Is this a tractor? I'd think twice before buying. Read up what Maizefarmer has to say about choice of tractors. Personally, I dare to think differently from him on the weight issue but I don't tell anyone. His is the very best advice on this.

G'luck.

The sale was in the wife's name but no family was required to sign as guarantors (They don't have any money or land anyway) We paid half in cash (the balance due in one year) as I said she signed some papers and the tractor was on the truck by the time the ink was dry. They did quiz us as to the amount of land we have, approx 120 Rai.They also came out to the house and took a picture of the place, vehicles owned etc. and proceded to put the hard sell on a mechanized rice planter and rice combine. I turned them down.

As for the tractor itself I grew up on a farm in Canada and have a pretty good idea what I need for my operation, I've read Maizefarmer's post's and find his advice quite practical.

As my father used to say it doesn't matter what colour the paint is, the dealer network is more important and Kubota has Ford beat hands down around here. Personnaly I'd have preferred a John Deere that being what I grew up with, but the one small dealer is a 4 hour drive.

I've been using the tractor and the rototiller quite extensively now for 4 months and it's the perfect machine for my needs and the dealer support is excellent. I'm not used to having a dealer mechanic make house calls for routine service (For free) They don't in Canada.

Could I ask how much the Kubota cost ?

Is Kubota finance the best solution ? It seems to me that their rate is pretty expensive, I would rather take a personal loan with my bank and pay the Kubota dealer in full than use their finance. That said, I don't know what are the condition for a personal loan in Thailand so my solution may not be very practical.

As an expat, you may also consider borrowing abroad, you take the risk on the exchange rate but given the recent trend it may be an additional benefit ...

You really have no problem. You have a Thai wife; she has family who can sign up as guarantors for the debt and they will; Thais feel much more comfortable in debt than out of it; you are a farang so your credit is probably very good; Kubota really want to sell; the leasing company really wants the business. Is this a tractor? I'd think twice before buying. Read up what Maizefarmer has to say about choice of tractors. Personally, I dare to think differently from him on the weight issue but I don't tell anyone. His is the very best advice on this.

G'luck.

Could I ask how much the Kubota cost ?

I paid 642,000 Baht for the 46 HP tractor, rototiller, over the top mounted dozer blade and a discer (plow)