Is Giving My Girlfriend 20,000 Baht Per Month Enough?

Puriku

Grow some nads man- you should be the one to set the maintenance fees or go fishing for a new honey... There are some Thai woman with whom that approach will work and with some Thai woman your nads may end up in your throat -- they can in some cases get more money from a rich Thai guy than from you but don't want to put up with the kind of macho bullsh-t of which the above remark reeks...

In that case I would invite her to get on with some new rich handsome man. Same as in any country. If your not the master of your own ship......you get what you deserve. I never got nads down my throat maybe lost a couple fish But only kept the choice ones I wanted , not the ones motivated by monetary means. There are some good ladies here & you don't have to go down the status quo road. Or maybe you like to punish yourself? Like they say in Thailand Up to You.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If your asking if the amount your giving is some great act of charity on your part that would depend on your income I guess, but make no mistake about it the amount your offering her, her mom, and 2 kids is only enough for a poverty lifestyle, I would say rather than you being better off without her because she is somehow greedy as some others would say, perhaps she is better off without you because you are either poor or a cheap charlie.

<deleted>???? :)

Are you serious - most people in thailand do not come close to 20K a month and they live quite well!!

Yea our excavator operators are lucky to get more than 400-500 baht a day for skilled labor.

Assume the OP is living with his "farang" girlfriend and her two children here in Thailand, what should be the right amount to give her ?

Do you know any Farangs who lives with a Farang GF in Thailand? ... and with two children no less?? Never heard of it.

Or maybe you like to punish yourself? Hardly... Maybe you just like hanging out with a bunch of milk sops who will put up with your macho "master of your own ship" line... At some point any girl with nerve will tell you this is MY country Charlie, and don't tell ME what to do.

Assume the OP is living with his "farang" girlfriend and her two children here in Thailand, what should be the right amount to give her ?

Do you know any Farangs who lives with a Farang GF in Thailand? ... and with two children no less?? Never heard of it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do not know either, therefore the word "assume"

I once asked a Thai woman here, who is familiar with the relationship situations of many people, both Thai and Farang, how much would a lady expect for a monthly amount. Her answer: "as much as they can get". Unfortunately, this rings true with many of them, although not all. I have been asked for 15-20K quite often. They usually sneer at 10k, which is surprising because that is twice as much as many of them make on a job.

Or maybe you like to punish yourself? Hardly... Maybe you just like hanging out with a bunch of milk sops who will put up with your macho "master of your own ship" line... At some point any girl with nerve will tell you this is MY country Charlie, and don't tell ME what to do.

Whatever floats your boat Jazzbo . I didn't come out here to be someones knight in shining armor & could care less on improving a poor girls position. If you feel that is your role in life, have at it. I learned very early in life when a girl calls you sweet it means you are a sucker. I am not calling you names , but just letting you have it your way & I sure will have it mine. If I am the payer

in the relationship I get to make the rules. And we spend a lot more than she spends. I myself have no motive for taking on someone elses kids in a relationship. And I don't think I have been accused in my life as a macho man except in this post.

According to my wife there are at least two factors which come into play :

Monthly income of the boyfriend : 20000 is a lot when income is 40000, not a lot when income is 400000.

Age of the girlfriend : what happens if the "farang" walk out after a long period of being together, leaving the girlfriend without income and she being to old to find another sponsor, hence the need to protect herself.

Edited by luckyluke

I don't know where you get your facts about income ... I get mine from the cia website and according to them the per capatia income is slightly higher than 20,000 per month,

No, it is not.

Ask around, get some Thai friends and they will tell you exactly what different jobs pay.

Met farang guys who live with farang girlfriends in Thailand. Some that they met here too. They share costs or pay for themselves.

If money is so tight tell her to go back working. Least then you don't have to listen to her moan about it.

If you ain't going to give her more, tell her thats it.

Every one seems to assume she has the right to sit about all day doing nothing. Would that happen in a (long lasting) relationship between 2 ferangs?

And, to the poster who quotes 6000B/month for internet and telephone, where do you live? In an internet hub?or have you ever seen the bill?

I dont pay quarter that. I've seen the bill, and we get adequate service.

Just 'cos you've got money to burn, it don't mean you can get by on less, without living in the gutter as you seem to imply.

20B Noodles are tasty, or would you not try them before the price hits 100B for the same product?

Or was that a bit of a troll post?

<br />I once asked a Thai woman here, who is familiar with the relationship situations of many people, both Thai and Farang, how much would a lady expect for a monthly amount. Her answer: "as much as they can get". Unfortunately, this rings true with many of them, although not all. I have been asked for 15-20K quite often. They usually sneer at 10k, which is surprising because that is twice as much as many of them make on a job.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Like the answer from the Thai lady, about right.

As a previous guy said, if you pay them they are a rental not a girlfriend, they will stay untill a better offer comes up.

<br />I once asked a Thai woman here, who is familiar with the relationship situations of many people, both Thai and Farang, how much would a lady expect for a monthly amount. Her answer: "as much as they can get". Unfortunately, this rings true with many of them, although not all. I have been asked for 15-20K quite often. They usually sneer at 10k, which is surprising because that is twice as much as many of them make on a job.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Like the answer from the Thai lady, about right.

As a previous guy said, if you pay them they are a rental not a girlfriend, they will stay untill a better offer comes up.

Correct, but there are some that will never learn :)

Setting aside the issue that it appears the Mom is not living with her kids, which happens far too often in Thailand - and many times for all the wrong reasons.

IMHO 20K is more than enough - especially since you cover room and board. So basically all she needs money for (outside of the 5k she is giving mom to take care of her two kids) is to keep herself entertained.

Before you agree to rise what you give her ask her to outline her typical monthly and/or weekly expenses.

Many, many folks do more than just survive on little more than 10K per month.

Here are some points of reference:

Average Thai incomes:

http://www.worldsalaries.org/thailand.shtml

Some examples (2005 numbers)

Professor:

Man: 21,067

Lady: 19,662

Computer programmer:

Man: 16,336

Lady: 16,547

Nurse:

Man: 15,295

Lady: 16,892

Office Clerk:

Man: 14,928

Lady: 12,183

Postman:

Man: 9,206

Lady: 9,608

Hotel Receptionist:

Man: 8,334

Lady: 8,157

CIA factbook indicates per capita GDO of $8,100 USD per year - or about 267,300 baht; 22,275 baht per month.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...ok/geos/th.html

All this being said the area that more money could probably be spent would be on private schooling for the kids - or maybe moving into a place where the kids could live with their mom.

Problem with the CIA Factbook is that it is only looking at official salaries. There are two means of income in Thailand official and unofficial. The unofficial component can be higher than the official.

How does that Professor afford that house and new car on 21,067 per month?

The 'average' is NOT 'average for 'lower and middle class normal people', and is shifted upwards due to some extremely high earners.

To base any salary on this number is foolish, but it might make some office worker happy if it pushes their salary upwards in their negotiations with you...

Setting aside the issue that it appears the Mom is not living with her kids, which happens far too often in Thailand - and many times for all the wrong reasons.

IMHO 20K is more than enough - especially since you cover room and board. So basically all she needs money for (outside of the 5k she is giving mom to take care of her two kids) is to keep herself entertained.

Before you agree to rise what you give her ask her to outline her typical monthly and/or weekly expenses.

Average Thai incomes:

Professor:

Computer programmer:

Nurse:

Office Clerk:

Postman:

Hotel Receptionist:

CIA factbook indicates per capita GDO of $8,100 USD per year - or about 267,300 baht; 22,275 baht per month.

All this being said the area that more money could probably be spent would be on private schooling for the kids - or maybe moving into a place where the kids could live with their mom.

Excellent info.

Tell her to go to Uni for 4/5 years get a qualification and become a Doctor 20 to 25,000 baht/month. Or go back to the salon and earn her dosh, be back inside the month grovelling for her 20k. :)

Wise up man.

My GF gets 3.000 Baht/m. That's enough. She don't have kids but she have a job with an salary of 12.000 baht/m. She have a small app. at On Nut and all her Families are back in Hat Yai. She also brings me Noodle Soup in the evening witch she pays for :)

Easy it is, isn't it!?!

Average Thai incomes:

Professor:

Computer programmer:

Nurse:

Office Clerk:

Postman:

Hotel Receptionist:

My part-time "take-care-of-it" girl just graduated with a B.S. Degree in computers & business. She has temporarily taken a job in a hotel restaurant for 100 bht per day. I am waiting to see what kind of a real job she can get and when. She is not in BKK. I give her a set amount which I think is to much. To the guy who gives 3,000, most (girls) I know would not go across the street for that.

My GF gets 3.000 Baht/m. That's enough. She don't have kids but she have a job with an salary of 12.000 baht/m. She have a small app. at On Nut and all her Families are back in Hat Yai. She also brings me Noodle Soup in the evening witch she pays for :)

Easy it is, isn't it!?!

I assume you get more than noodle soup. How old is she, might I ask?

Easy it is, isn't it!?!

I'd be careful of that noodle soup if I was you.

Easy it is, isn't it!?!

I assume you get more than noodle soup. How old is she, might I ask?

My GF gets 3.000 Baht/m. That's enough. She don't have kids but she have a job with an salary of 12.000 baht/m. She have a small app. at On Nut and all her Families are back in Hat Yai. She also brings me Noodle Soup in the evening witch she pays for :D

Easy it is, isn't it!?!

I'd be careful of that noodle soup if I was you.

She is 28. She never worked in a Bar. She finish University very successful and always worked for Thai companys like the ones deliver the corn to the theaters.

Ofcourse always in a admin or accounting position.

She is a very beautiful hard working girl from the south and don't worry, the Noodle Soup had never knocked me out. :D

We are now a bit more than 2 years together.

My part-time "take-care-of-it" girl just graduated with a B.S. Degree in computers & business. She has temporarily taken a job in a hotel restaurant for 100 bht per day. I am waiting to see what kind of a real job she can get and when. She is not in BKK. I give her a set amount which I think is to much. To the guy who gives 3,000, most (girls) I know would not go across the street for that.

Does the B.S. stands for what I think?Obviously since the other girls you know don't cross the street for 3000 Baht. :)