New Airlines For Chiang Mai

gotlost

THAILAND TRAVEL NEWS: The international air travel market may be contracted at the moment but two Thai-owned companies have applied to commence new domestic airline operations next month.

Nakhon Chiangmai Air (NCA) and Legacy Air (LA) have applied for commercial air services licenses with the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA), though deputy director-general Wuthichai Singhamanee said neither are yet to meet prerequisites.

NCA plans to use Chiang Mai as a hub for flights to Udon Thani and Phitsanulok, while LA plans to fly from Nakhon Ratchasima to Chiang Mai, Phuket, Phitsanulok and Bangkok.

Both airlines' plans call for the use of turbo-prop aircraft, with NCA opting for the 72-seat French built ATR-72, and LA selecting the 33-seat Swedish built Saab 340.

NCA is said to be backed by a local northern Thai businessman, while LA is said to be a Thai businessman who runs an oil tanker businesses.

Amongst the prerequisites the two airlines need to meet is having paid-up capital of Bt200 million (about $US6 million).

By John Le Fevre

Edited by sbk
topic title edited per OP request

If NCA ruins their aircraft like they do their bus line they have my business.

WHAT ! You actually go somewhere...... I understood that the last time you went somewhere you,,,,,,,

v

v

v

Got Lost

:):D

just a question though..... why would you want to travel on a "ruined" airline ????

Edited by Gonzo the Face

If NCA ruins their aircraft like they do their bus line they have my business.

WHAT ! You actually go somewhere...... I understood that the last time you went somewhere you,,,,,,,

v

v

v

Got Lost

:D:D

just a question though..... why would you want to travel on a "ruined" airline ????

EXCITMENT. I understand they will have complementary parachutes. :)

Perhaps Thailand Travel news should read the Bangkok Post of last year :)

AVIATION

Two more provincial carriers apply for licences

* Published: 8/12/2009 at 12:00 AM

Can't post the link because of you know who.

But more airlines, can only be good for the consumer.

I hope its soon and the price goes down. Nok air is 5000+ BHT round trip to Udon. Half of it is ticket for both way and the other half is fuel fee. :);

Sooo expensive when you want to fly to Udon about every month :D.