Thaksin Draws Comparison Between Abhisit And Hitler

webfact

Above all he did not pay taxes , totally illegal yes

I wasn't talking about the tax side of the sale, i was talking about selling to a foreign owned company.

I must add that its not beeing naive to imagine that anyone with a criminal record can not be elected . hel_l in my country you cant even become a civil servant like a teacher if you got a criminal record LOL

You are being naive and this isn't your country.

If Thaksin's buddies ever get in power, believe you me, they can find a way to bring him back, whitewash him of all charges, and put him back in power - assuming that is that they need him. Perhaps they won't.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets move on to sensible debate?

The debate is Thaksin's remarks, which are anything but sensible, and which you have yet to fully and openly condemn. Far to busy no doubt, tripping over yourself to get in comments about the airport being closed.

haha... clever... read my posts - I mean read.. not just scan for more that you can use to twist and turn me into some sort of Thaksin supporter (which i am not).

I did read your posts, and as i say, bearing in mind the topic is "Thaksin Draws Comparison Between Abhisit and Hitler", and bearing in mind also that you repeatedly tell us you don't support Thaksin, you have yet to fully and openly condemn him for those words, but instead return to your mantra of "the government is legitimate but some people think it isn't so that justifies having elections immediately". It has nothing to do with this thread and everything to do with your agenda.

what agenda? Im just a farang living here peacefully contributing to the debate as I see it - I have no agenda - I have outright condemned it in several posts - you don't read them apparently - I said that neither Abhisit nor Thakisn should be compared to Hitler nor Mother Theresa - and no one should be comparing politicians with evil mass murderers - you haven't read the posts - go look please

I wasn't talking about the tax side of the sale, i was talking about selling to a foreign owned company.

I must add that its not beeing naive to imagine that anyone with a criminal record can not be elected . hel_l in my country you cant even become a civil servant like a teacher if you got a criminal record LOL

If Thaksin's buddies ever get in power, believe you me, they can find a way to bring him back, whitewash him of all charges, and put him back in power - assuming that is that they need him. Perhaps they won't.

they were in power and didn't achieve it? remember? his brother in-law was PM? forgetful are we?

Caretaker PM yes . Was he asked to leave by HM ? No !

Certainly not an excuse for any military coup

What was a court action against the governement was tainted by the illegal action of the yellows in the eyes of the world and the thai people . Had this blockade not happened , probably same thing would had happened but at least fair and square . I only heard about vote buying ... Anyway in most countries if a trial is made under pressure its verdict is invalid

Yes in Thailand the legislative and executive branch are overlapping another cause of the last few years CIRCUS democracy

We agree on Thaksin wrong doing . That must apply not only to him but all PM .

I have outright condemned it in several posts - you don't read them apparently - I said that neither Abhisit nor Thakisn should be compared to Hitler nor Mother Theresa

You are condemning it in general hypothetical terms, and in doing so, avoiding actually having to single out and condemn Thaksin. This isn't a general or a hypothetical situation. This is what Thaksin said.

As the army protects the country and it's people, and is sworn in to serve this only

and as the situation will have it, there is someone above this all, how can the act of securing,

the countries safety, while the caretaker of government house was abroad,

not known to return for sure, be called "illegal"?

In any democratic governement that i know off , the army is subordinated to the civil governement .

Of course in banana republics its not

they were in power and didn't achieve it? remember? his brother in-law was PM? forgetful are we?

They didn't achieve it because for one it was a coalition government so they were unable to push things through quickly, and for two they didn't have enough time. If they come to power at the next elections with a majority it will be very different, mark my words.

What was a court action against the governement was tainted by the illegal action of the yellows in the eyes of the world and the thai people . Had this blockade not happened , probably same thing would had happened but at least fair and square . I only heard about vote buying ... Anyway in most countries if a trial is made under pressure its verdict is invalid

Yes in Thailand the legislative and executive branch are overlapping another cause of the last few years CIRCUS democracy

:)

The courts are independant of the executive AND legislative branches and if you had actually been in Thailand you certainly would have heard about far more than vote-buying. You are suggesting that a "trial" submitted to outside pressure and besides being wrong it is not something appropriate to say.

By your argument there hasn't been an illegal government in Thailand yet .....

As the army protects the country and it's people, and is sworn in to serve this only

and as the situation will have it, there is someone above this all, how can the act of securing,

In any democratic governement that i know off , the army is subordinated to the civil governement .

Perhaps you should read up on the oath of alliegance that the Thai military takes.

I have outright condemned it in several posts - you don't read them apparently - I said that neither Abhisit nor Thakisn should be compared to Hitler nor Mother Theresa

You are condemning it in general hypothetical terms, and in doing so, avoiding actually having to single out and condemn Thaksin. This isn't a general or a hypothetical situation. This is what Thaksin said.

:) Comparing Thaksin to Peron might be pretty appropos though ....

Yes , if illegal to sell to foreign company that too ... of course

Ok fine . Yes executive and legislative overlaps in Thailand , it seems But then can a a law be retroactive in Thailand ? If yes you are right if not then you are wrong . They may not need him anyway , once they see he is too controversial

That's my cue! :D

Don't cry for me Rachisima by Madonawatra

It won't be easy, you'll think I'm stranger

When I try to explain how I feel

That I still need your love after all that I've done

You won't believe me

All you will see is a PM you once knew

Although I'm dressed up to the nines

All '60's and 70's to you

I had to let it happen, I had to rearrange

Couldn't stay so belly up to the trough

Looking out of penthouse, staying out of the light

So I chose freedom

Taking a runner, escaping anew

But some thing depressed me ; my fall

I never expected it true.

Don't cry for me Rachisima

The truth I never told you

All through my blunders

My mad resistance

I kept my profits

Don't take your taxes.

And as for fortune, and as for face

They have been stolen

Though it's known to the world they were all I desired

They were just illusions

I've no solutions I'd promised to thee

The answer I've hidden is crime

I love you and hope you love me

Don't cry for me Ratchisima

The truth would only bore you

I took large percentage

Stifled resistance

I want my money

So drop your sentence

Have I said too much?

There's no truths more I can think of to say to you.

But all you have to do is look at me to know

That every word is true

All through my blunders

My mad resistance

I kept my profits

Don't take your taxes

Perhaps you should read up on the oath of alliegance that the Thai military takes.

Whats your point ?

That's my cue! :D

Don't cry for me Rachisima by Madonawatra

It won't be easy, you'll think I'm stranger

When I try to explain how I feel

That I still need your love after all that I've done

You won't believe me

All you will see is a PM you once knew

Although I'm dressed up to the nines

All '60's and 70's to you

I had to let it happen, I had to rearrange

Couldn't stay so belly up to the trough

Looking out of penthouse, staying out of the light

So I chose freedom

Taking a runner, escaping anew

But some thing depressed me ; my fall

I never expected it true.

All through my blunders

My mad resistance

I kept my profits

Don't take your taxes.

And as for fortune, and as for face

They have been stolen

Though it's known to the world they were all I desired

They were just illusions

I've no solutions I'd promised to thee

The answer I've hidden is crime

I love you and hope you love me

Don't cry for me Ratchisima

The truth would only bore you

I took large percentage

Stifled resistance

I want my money

So drop your sentence

Have I said too much?

There's no truths more I can think of to say to you.

But all you have to do is look at me to know

That every word is true

All through my blunders

My mad resistance

I kept my profits

Don't take your taxes

Wow ... beautiful !

:)

The courts are independant of the executive AND legislative branches and if you had actually been in Thailand you certainly would have heard about far more than vote-buying. You are suggesting that a "trial" submitted to outside pressure and besides being wrong it is not something appropriate to say.

By your argument there hasn't been an illegal government in Thailand yet .....

Whatever Mickey :D

Takkie lackies on Thaivisaforum are so much like their redshirt buddies ,

"Takkie was removed illegally" Government is illegitimate" blah blah, blah.. wow if these are falangs in Thailand surely their former countries were glad to be rid of them.

"Takkie was removed illegally" Government is illegitimate" blah blah, blah.. wow if these are falangs in Thailand surely their former countries were glad to be rid of them.

Oh... here we go... you're all clever, were all stupid and were all reds and thaksin lovers... what a moronic way to argue a case

Another constructive remark LOL .

PS : I never said current governement is illegal

Oh... here we go... you're all clever, were all stupid and were all reds and thaksin lovers... what a moronic way to argue a case

EXACTLY .....

The arguments back and forth suggest that it is 'business as usual' with the Thaksin apologists.

They would like that as they try to get their confidence back.

The key feature of Thaksin's speech though is not so much its content but its context.

It is a marker on what has been a decisive defeat for Thaksin and his political forces.

Thaksin and his supporters may be hard-wired into pushing Mr Thaksin to the forefront of the news by outlandish comments,

but something happened last weekend which has decisively altered the direction of Thai politics.

Thaksin went for broke.

It was the Thaksin forces that broke.

The significance of the red defeat is in plain view.

The red defeat at the next election in 2011 is guaranteed.

This is why a desperate hounding of the PM is a last gasp attempt to 'move history'.

They can chuck all the litres of blood that they want, but it won't matter.

The nation loves a winner. And Thaksin is now a loser.

The momentum is gone.

No more million man marches.

Thaksin knows it, even if the clods persist like the drummer boy in Duracell advert.

The absolutely positive nature of the red self-immolation has been reflected in the SET turning in the best stock market performance in SE Asia.

The red defeat is good for business.

How good? 5% in one week.

EXACTLY .....

Exactly? I think not in your case. A bigger apologist for Tak & Reddies therehas notbeen on these boards in the last week, anyone in doubt read his posts

All SE in SEA went up lately , not only Thailand . Its a trend .

BTW Thailand SE went down today . Is it because of the red shirts going

home ?

Hahahaha , just kidding :D

:) Hmmm.

With Thaksin now a broken force, investors will improve their perspective on Thailand as a relatively stable place to do business.

The PM now has the space to consider serious reforms.

He has the authority to move forward.

The man who beat Thaksin.

Give him a medal.

All SE in SEA went up lately , not only Thailand . Its a trend .

BTW Thailand SE went down today . Is it because of the red shirts going

home ?

Hahahaha , just kidding :D

:) Hmmm.

With Thaksin now a broken force, investors will improve their perspective on Thailand as a relatively stable place to do business.

The PM now has the space to consider serious reforms.

He has the authority to move forward.

The man who beat Thaksin.

Give him a medal.

Agreed! And give this man sometime to prove what he can do for ALL OF THAILAND. Not to distract him with all the " Thaksin" non-sense. His report card will be due next year and then we all know if he is fit to govern Thailand again!

Uh... try 'we are' not trying to flame you

'we're all stupid and we're all reds and thaksin lovers...'

Ashame to flame.

^Well convicted is correct technically - whether its valid or not is up to debate. :)

Of course you question it because he happened to be found guilty. The only verdict you will accept regarding Thaksin is "innocent".

Bet you had no complaints with the assets concealment case, did you?

Me personally no, but I am sure many people did disagree with the courts findings and their ability to be impartial. :D

For a man ( I use the term in its loosest possible sense) who surrounds himself with angry men in very strict military uniforms and leather riding-boots, Thaksin has got a lot of room to talk about militarism & allegations of gayness.

If I get his address in Montenegro I will try to send him the dialogue between Billy Connolly and Billy's army recruitment medical-officer;

Medic : " Well, well, Mr Connolly, you're not very big 'downstairs' are you."

Billy : " I thought we were only going to *fight* them, sir."

^Well convicted is correct technically - whether its valid or not is up to debate. :)

Of course you question it because he happened to be found guilty. The only verdict you will accept regarding Thaksin is "innocent".

Bet you had no complaints with the assets concealment case, did you?

Me personally no, but I am sure many people did disagree with the courts findings and their ability to be impartial. :D

Nice attempt here to face both ways and hide behind the others.