Deposed Thai Premier Thaksin Now In Montenegro

george

How interesting that his 'new government' have told him to wind his neck in. You can willy wave as much as you like in Thai politics and get away with literally murder, however Thaksin will learn pretty quick that Eastern Europeans are not quite the same. Montenegro has a lot of wealthy crooks hide out there and they are allowed to do so for their money and normally live life quietly. The government will not accept people like Thaksin running political take overs from the sanctuary of their country. Enjoy your stay Thaksin!

I would guess that between his African gold mines, Russian loans and Montenegro investments, he's really gonna miss Thai politics/ business and dealing with his buddies over in Burma. :)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

186677796.jpg

Ex-Thai PM told: Don't use Montenegro for politics

Reuters

May 14, 2010

LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIA (Reuters) - Ousted Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who has Montenegro citizenship, must not use his stay in the Balkan country to send political messages to his homeland, Montenegro's Foreign Minister said on Friday.

Speaking in Montenegro in April, Thaksin said he was in contact with supporters in Thailand.

It was unclear if he was still in the country.

Milan Rocen, the Foreign Minister, said Thaksin obtained Montenegrin citizenship before he was indicted in Thailand, adding that the former Thai premier was not wanted by Interpol.

"We pointed out to Mister Shinawatra that he cannot in any way use our territory, our hospitality for political activities and for sending political messages to his supporters ... in Thailand," he told reporters during a visit to Slovenia.

Thaksin was ousted in a military coup in 2006 and later sentenced in absentia to two years in jail for graft.

Demonstrations by "red shirt" pro-Thaksin protesters in Thailand have spiraled into a crisis which has killed 31 people, wounded more than 1,400, and scared off investors.

Rocen said Thaksin was "interested in significant projects in Montenegro" and that giving him citizenship has helped boost Montenegro's global profile.

Rocen added that several European states have given citizenship to what he described as controversial businessmen, but gave no names, adding that Montenegro "was no exception".

Montenegro, which declared independence from Serbia in 2006, wants to join the European Union and hopes to get EU candidate status by the end of this year.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...ec=Worldupdates

Thaksin obtained Montenegrin citizenship before he was indicted in Thailand

That means he's had this foreign citizenship for quite some time and apparently much longer than most people knew about as Thaksin was indicted nearly three years ago in June 2007.

With Montenegro's application pending before the Council of Europe for candidacy status to the European Union, I now can begin to believe claims made months ago that the EU and possibly the US might have had some say in the matter of Thaksin's grossly purchased citizenship of Montenegro.

Montenegran posters had months ago claimed the EU and US had been involved in the decision by the corrupt Montenegran government, which is under investigation in Italy for money laundering among other charges, to award Montenegran citizenship to Thaksin (for a king's ransom). Perhaps the EU and the US have been involved in Thaksin's citizenship of Montenegro - but that's far from established. Regardless or if so, then perhaps only to state to Montenegro that Montenegro is being closely scrutinzed in this regard, i.e., that Thaksin not be involved in the overthrow of his native state and its government while in a country which is seeking candidacy status of EU membership.

Pardon my stating the obvious, but the EU is not Asean nor is it Apec. (Even now however some of Asean are beginning to stir because of the larger regional impact and ramifications of Thaksin's mad terrorism and subversions in Thailand.)

So if the EU and the US were involved, or are involved in Thaksin's citizenship of Montenegro - which is a claim and not an established fact - each could have been involved to make clear to the criminal gangster regime of Montenegro that it cannot proved a safe haven to Thaksin to overthrow to Thai state or its government.

This would be entirely opposite to the laffable claim for EU and/or US involvement in the Montenegran citizenship previously claimed by the Montenegran posters who support Thaksin in Thailand and attempt to apologize for Thaksin's criminal insanity against his native country and his own people. A fine bunch these Montenegran posters are, indeed. Do you people in or of Montenegro who advocate Thaksin in Thailand now recognize or realize your advocacy and actions? Is this Red Shirt determination to create dead or injured Thais that which you want or seek?

Pity you.

A fine bunch these Montenegran posters are, indeed. Do you people in or of Montenegro who advocate Thaksin in Thailand now recognize or realize your advocacy and actions? Is this Red Shirt determination to create dead or injured Thais that which you want or seek?

Pity you.

They appear to have gone rather quiet after the message issued ordering Thaksin not use Montenegro as a base for Thai politics.

A fine bunch these Montenegran posters are, indeed. Do you people in or of Montenegro who advocate Thaksin in Thailand now recognize or realize your advocacy and actions? Is this Red Shirt determination to create dead or injured Thais that which you want or seek?

Pity you.

They appear to have gone rather quiet after the message issued ordering Thaksin not use Montenegro as a base for Thai politics.

Yes, at least Montenegro is not Dubai. If there is or has been any involvement by the EU and/or the US concerning Thaksin, Thailand and Montenegro, it would be that the EU and US read the Riot Act to the Montenegran government, i.e., to prohibit the government allowing what the Arab state of Dubai and its unconventional laws and customs always allowed until international pressure, certainly involving the EU and US, the Thai government, finally stopped Dubai's doing. In Montenegro's urgent need of EU approval and the legitimacy becoming an EU member would confer to a gangster government, the Montenegran government and its Thaksin operatives at TVF have crawled back into their hole as far as Thaksin, Thailand and the Reds are concerned.

The silence is both welcome and telling. But most welcome indeed.

it's VERY sad that the red shirts don't have anyone better than Thaksin to lead their movement. being a foreigner here, i really don't know too much about thai politics. i admit it, but having said that, seriously, Thaksin should've resigned gracefully and accepted all the punishments he still deserves. if he had served his time in jail, probably he could've made a great comeback, but now, it's just sad to see the poor clinging onto him without a clear vision of their future. any country with such disparity between the rich and the poor will inevitably face conflicts between the two social classes. thailand is one big complicated diverse country. it'll take years or decades to be able to call itself 'democratic'.

With Montenegro's application pending before the Council of Europe for candidacy status to the European Union, I now can begin to believe claims made months ago that the EU and possibly the US might have had some say in the matter of Thaksin's grossly purchased citizenship of Montenegro.

Montenegran posters had months ago claimed the EU and US had been involved in the decision by the corrupt Montenegran government, which is under investigation in Italy for money laundering among other charges, to award Montenegran citizenship to Thaksin (for a king's ransom). Perhaps the EU and the US have been involved in Thaksin's citizenship of Montenegro - but that's far from established. Regardless or if so, then perhaps only to state to Montenegro that Montenegro is being closely scrutinzed in this regard, i.e., that Thaksin not be involved in the overthrow of his native state and its government while in a country which is seeking candidacy status of EU membership.

Pardon my stating the obvious, but the EU is not Asean nor is it Apec. (Even now however some of Asean are beginning to stir because of the larger regional impact and ramifications of Thaksin's mad terrorism and subversions in Thailand.)

So if the EU and the US were involved, or are involved in Thaksin's citizenship of Montenegro - which is a claim and not an established fact - each could have been involved to make clear to the criminal gangster regime of Montenegro that it cannot proved a safe haven to Thaksin to overthrow to Thai state or its government.

This would be entirely opposite to the laffable claim for EU and/or US involvement in the Montenegran citizenship previously claimed by the Montenegran posters who support Thaksin in Thailand and attempt to apologize for Thaksin's criminal insanity against his native country and his own people. A fine bunch these Montenegran posters are, indeed. Do you people in or of Montenegro who advocate Thaksin in Thailand now recognize or realize your advocacy and actions? Is this Red Shirt determination to create dead or injured Thais that which you want or seek?

Pity you.

How are you?Doing well?

Excuse me for not thinking about Thaksin and Thai politics all day long.

You know,you are incredibly naive for someone claiming to know so much about politics.I told you couple of times and I will repeat once again-we did not give passport to Taksin without EU and esspecialy USA approval.Believe it or not,I dont care.

Other thing-off course that our foreign affairs minister told that Taksin will be banned on pumping up the situation in Thailand.What else should he say?Maybe he should have declared war on Thailand,as it would be not much different from taking Taksins side officially.

p.s. I hope that you are happy now with army shooting civilians.You were up for it all along.They killed man while he was giving an interview :) .They are losing it.

Edited by Montenegrin

Pity you.

How are you?Doing well?

Excuse me for not thinking about Thaksin and Thai politics all day long.

You know,you are incredibly naive for someone claiming to know so much about politics.I told you couple of times and I will repeat once again-we did not give passport to Taksin without EU and esspecialy USA approval.Believe it or not,I dont care.

Other thing-off course that our foreign affairs minister told that Taksin will be banned on pumping up the situation in Thailand.What else should he say?Maybe he should have declared war on Thailand,as it would be not much different from taking Taksins side officially.

p.s. I hope that you are happy now with army shooting civilians.You were up for it all along.They killed man while he was giving an interview :) .They are losing it.

Welcome back and you are excused. :D

However, cite my post in which I was "up for it all along" as to having the army shoot terrorists and armed militant insurrectionists. You need of course to define "up to it all along" which is your offensive and cruel terminology.

I support the governemnt of Thailand, which is more than can be said of you and your support of the traitor and insurrectionist Thaksin and your equally corrupt as Thaksin money laundering and criminal government. How's your PM and his party going to fare in the upcoming local elections in Montenegro in a week or so? Is your PM going to buy that election on his own or will he buy it this time with the help of Thaksin? Your PM is citiing Thaksin as the savior of Montenegro, much in the same way as Thaksin himself in 2000 cited Himself as the savior of Thailand.

I suspect your PM and Thaksin are going to be hand in hand in chains in the Hague before too long.

Montenegrin; To compare Thaksin to the present PM would indicate a lack of understanding of either person and their management style. Thaksin made a declaration of assets as PM, if the numbers of assets seized in England, losses on investment, expenditure for houses/apartments, expenses for private aircraft, etc are taken into account (assets never declared nor the source of this cash), he will rank in the top three on the worlds most corrupt leader list. I purposely left out the monies in Thailand that was/is seized. If the man would have had the time in office as was seen in the Philippines and Indonesia, he probably would have made number 1 as well as bankrupting Thailand. Any close association with Thaksin by others, will most likely, lead to their being looked at in the same light. He could be considered the lowest common denominator, thus the perception of the group would be lowered drastically. It must be rather trying, to conduct business with someone whose past business deals have shown, 'do not turn your back'.

Marie Claire team spotted REAL Thaksin Shinawatra at Louis Vuitton Champ Elysee on Sat May 15th OMG !!!!

Seems as if he was shopping for a new handbag for Oak

Marie Claire team spotted REAL Thaksin Shinawatra at Louis Vuitton Champ Elysee on Sat May 15th OMG !!!!

Seems as if he was shopping for a new handbag for Oak

That was on NBT as well, 30 minutes ago

Who cares what he was shopping for?

Just wondering why France let him...

Thaksin shopping in France while Bangkok burns...and don't see his family at the protest either. Guess they're too elite for that sort of thing. Got to leave the dirty jobs to the peasants, eh?

Come on red apologists, lets see you explain this one :)

I wrote about this yesterday already, here (but the topic was closed....):

Thaksin Shinawatra is alive and in Paris...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaksin-Shin...ve-t365648.html

and here in the topic "Thaksin Shinawatra rumored Dead":...very strange but NOBODY reacted to my post.... :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaksin-Shin...16#entry3601916

Why the "news" rumors about his dead, fed by the Pattaya Times* who promised more "news" on May 7th.... :) is still open is a mystery since he's not dead.

IMO it's low quality and sensational reporting by the Pattaya Times if they bring such "news" without having any proof and telling their audience they will come out with more news on May 7th and don't follow up with a single word.... :D

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Citizenship of Montenegro Takki Shinegra new passport name.

His Thai Passport was cancelled. Not Dual Citizenship anymore.

And stay out!

Edited by LindsayBKK

I wrote about this yesterday already, here (but the topic was closed....):

Thaksin Shinawatra is alive and in Paris...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaksin-Shin...ve-t365648.html

and here in the topic "Thaksin Shinawatra rumored Dead":...very strange but NOBODY reacted to my post.... :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaksin-Shin...16#entry3601916

Why the "news" rumors about his dead, fed by the Pattaya Times* who promised more "news" on May 7th.... :) is still open is a mystery since he's not dead.

IMO it's low quality and sensational reporting by the Pattaya Times if they bring such "news" without having any proof and telling their audience they will come out with more news on May 7th and don't follow up with a single word.... :D

LaoPo

The first sentence, above, should read instead "yesterday": Saturday, May 15th.

LaoPo

However, cite my post in which I was "up for it all along" as to having the army shoot terrorists and armed militant insurrectionists. You need of course to define "up to it all along" which is your offensive and cruel terminology.

I support the governemnt of Thailand, which is more than can be said of you and your support of the traitor and insurrectionist Thaksin and your equally corrupt as Thaksin money laundering and criminal government. How's your PM and his party going to fare in the upcoming local elections in Montenegro in a week or so? Is your PM going to buy that election on his own or will he buy it this time with the help of Thaksin? Your PM is citiing Thaksin as the savior of Montenegro, much in the same way as Thaksin himself in 2000 cited Himself as the savior of Thailand.

I suspect your PM and Thaksin are going to be hand in hand in chains in the Hague before too long.

With this new info from Lao Po and other posters do you realize how wrong you were?

I think that the fact that Taksin is free to enter and spend time in France(which is one of the most important EU states) is the final proof of what I was talking about all along.Once again,we gave him passport because EU asked us to do so or at least gave us green light,by no means we gave it to him without EU support.Did they do that because they are supporting him or they just want to keep him as far away from Thailand as posiblle I dont know and honestly I dont care.

p.s. these rumors of him being dead are ridicules to say at least :) .

With this new info from Lao Po and other posters do you realize how wrong you were?

I think that the fact that Taksin is free to enter and spend time in France(which is one of the most important EU states) is the final proof of what I was talking about all along.Once again,we gave him passport because EU asked us to do so or at least gave us green light,by no means we gave it to him without EU support.Did they do that because they are supporting him or they just want to keep him as far away from Thailand as posiblle I dont know and honestly I dont care.

p.s. these rumors of him being dead are ridicules to say at least :D .

New information from Lao Po :D ?   Thaksin Rumored Dead always has sounded like it came from Sondhi himself after a particularly spectacular wet dream :):D .   There are a lot of topics, threads, posts that most of us know to choose our time rationally, so how many of us give attention to such distractions - Seh Daeng rip for instance is not some wild rumor.

As to France, one thing you need to know about La Republique is that it's a long established principle there to admit almost anyone, perhaps everyone who seeks entry regardless of political views, activities or political-legal status. One for instance, whether we like it or not, is the late Ayatollah Khomeini who was in exile in France while directing the 1979 Iran revolution and who arrived triumphantly in Tehran from France after the fall of the Shah. While France is prominent and respected in the EU it of course remains a sovereign republic which establishes its own own emmigre' policies and long held customs. You pal are wrong again - the fact is I've been wondering for some time whether Thaksin would show his rumored dead face in France sooner or later. (I'm sure La Republique has admitted more than a few TV members :D .)  

You haven't said anything about the impending local elections in Montenegro. How's the campaign there going? The one your PM is hoping to do well in while publicly citing Thaksin as the savior of Montenegro's economic development, especially the finances of himself, family, cronies. Your PM and Thaksin bought enuff votes yet? 

Welcome to my ignore list. Anyone who refers to themselves as "We" is an automatic candidate. :D

As to France, one thing you need to know about La Republique is that it's a long established principle there to admit

As to France, one thing you need to know about La Republique is that it's a long established principle there to admit almost anyone including invading troops without resistance.

The French have a delightful habit by virtue of the fact that they always stab their allies in the back .

Don't forget Algeria, the French in general are devout cowards who are only interested in one thing ''What's in it for us.''

No doubt the RED carpet will be rolled out for Thaksin if enough money changes hands and Thaksin will get a passport from the French.

Edited by siampolee

As to France, one thing you need to know about La Republique is that it's a long established principle there to admit

As to France, one thing you need to know about La Republique is that it's a long established principle there to admit almost anyone including invading troops without resistance.

The French have a delightful habit by virtue of the fact that they always stab their allies in the back .

Don't forget Algeria, the French in general are devout cowards who are only interested in one thing ''What's in it for us.''

No doubt the RED carpet will be rolled out for Thaksin if enough money changes hands and Thaksin will get a passport from the French.

:D

Why is the Champs Elysees lined with trees? So the Germans could march in the shade.   :)

Edited by Publicus

Thaksin in Paris

BANGKOK, 18 May 2010 (NNT) – Fugitive ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was spotted in Paris, France, while he was shopping at a Louis Vuitton shop on Champs Elysées street last Saturday.

A Thai residing in Paris was quoted as saying that on 15 May, her Malaysian friend had caught and taken a few photographs of Mr Thaksin while shopping with one of his daughter, Ms Paethongtan, in the mentioned shop in a relaxing mood.

The lady said her friend was trying to take more photos of the ex-premier but had been obstructed by his guards.

Earlier, the travelling schedule of the Shinawatra family was publicly revealed.

It was reported that Potjaman na Pombejra, Thaksin’s former wife, Phanthongtae Shinawatra, his son, and Pinthongta Shinawatra, his elder daughter took an SQ981 flight to Singapore on 14 May at 19.00hrs, whereas Paethongtan took an AF169 flight on the same day at 21.00 hrs to France.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255305180009

Welcome to my ignore list. Anyone who refers to themselves as "We" is an automatic candidate. :D

Oh sorry,I should say that I gave him passport :D

You are not to smart,are you?

Publicus,we will yet see who is right and who is not.

There are a couple of points here, 1) Khun Thaksin may not enter the UK, nor Germany owing to existing visa problems, so it's not quite EU wide. 2) Does anyone here know when this passport was applied for and issued? There was a discussion from the authorities in Montenegro, that it had been back before Thaksin's indictment, any clarifications?

Regards

/edit typo and terrible connexion from Bangkok today//

Edited by A_Traveller

Oh sorry,I should say that I gave him passport :D

You are not to smart,are you?

Publicus,we will yet see who is right and who is not.

Sorry Montenegrin....

Stop always saying that your country needs from permission from the EU to give Thaksin a passport and help him get away... No country in the EU will harbor a terrorist mastermind scum like Thaksin. Most EU countries do not allow him to stay for longer durations other than what any normal person would get. And he can't do his crap from most European countries because a lot of the transmission signals are controlled by the proper authorities.

Montenegro may have not allowed to transmit his speeches from their country because they have more to gain from the EU than from Thaksin, but they allow him to stay and treat him like a king as much as they can. However they have no reason to need to ask the EU for permission to give him anything, a permit, a passport. Montenegro is a sovereign country, without governmental control from the EU.

Your country is not an EU member, nor is it an EU candidate, and highly UNLIKELY that it will ever be (especially now after the EU debt crisis) but perhaps you feel I am wrong and your delusions have taken over your common senses... Then please refer to the following links to make it clear for you..

http://europa.eu/abc/european_countries/others/index_en.htm

http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/001668.html

Montenegro may not be as corrupt as the filth breeding swine called Thaksin, but you are quite up high on the list...

So I dont think I, nor anyone else would be surprised if Thaksin is being aided by your country.

Regards