Doctor Gunned Down In Phuket Town

webfact

Doctor gunned down in Phuket Town

phuket-Phuket-City-Police-Deputy-Superintendent-Chaiwat-Auykham-questions-Burmese-witness-Jack-Mai-1-SrgCFrA.jpg

Phuket City Police Deputy Superintendent Chaiwat Auykham questions Burmese witness Jack Mai.

PHUKET TOWN: -- A well known doctor was gunned down in a drive-by killing outside his own clinic in Phuket Town today.

Police found the body of Dr Somchai Wongbunterng, 47, on the sidewalk outside Somchai International Clinic on Wichit Songkhram Road in Phuket Town around midday.

He had been shot in the head.

Phuket City Police Deputy Superintendent Chaiwat Auykham and Kusoldharm Foundation rescue workers were first on the scene, close to the intersection with Patiphat Road.

Jack Mai, a Burmese employee who witnessed the killing, said he and Dr Somchai had just left the office for lunch when two men pulled up in a car.

One of the men shot Dr Somchai twice in the left temple.

The man also shot at Mr Jack but missed, and the suspects drove off.

At the scene police found a 9mm bullet close to the body.

Police think the motive may be connected with drugs, but the case is still under investigation.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-03-18

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

It's interesting the difference between western journalism and Thai. An article like this back home would have included a vehicle description, direction of travel, and a way for witnesses to report if the have information. Not sure if its the bad journalism or bad police work, likely both. If I see "two men in a car" I will be sure to call. :)

And it's very unlikely the found a "9mm bullet close to the body" More likely they meant 9mm cartridge casings.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

It's interesting the difference between western journalism and Thai. An article like this back home would have included a vehicle description, direction of travel, and a way for witnesses to report if the have information. Not sure if its the bad journalism or bad police work, likely both. If I see "two men in a car" I will be sure to call. :D

And it's very unlikely the found a "9mm bullet close to the body" More likely they meant 9mm cartridge casings.

They have with an update... :)

Doctor Somchai’s buddy, Somchai, told police that two Somchai’s pulled up in a bronze Toyota sedan without a license plate and stopped in front of the clinic, one Somchai gets out and pumps two slugs into Doctor Somchai. Doctor Somchai killed and the two Somchai hitmen leg-it. Case solved...

It's interesting the difference between western journalism and Thai. An article like this back home would have included a vehicle description, direction of travel, and a way for witnesses to report if the have information. Not sure if its the bad journalism or bad police work, likely both. If I see "two men in a car" I will be sure to call. :D

They have with an update... :)

Doctor Somchai’s buddy, Somchai, told police that two Somchai’s pulled up in a bronze Toyota sedan without a license plate and stopped in front of the clinic, one Somchai gets out and pumps two slugs into Doctor Somchai. Doctor Somchai killed and the two Somchai hitmen leg-it. Case solved...

A sad & tragic event for the family of the deceased. Constructive & sympathetic comments would be in order, really not the place to try & make jokes using racial, derogatory comments.

A sad & tragic event for the family of the deceased. Constructive & sympathetic comments would be in order, really not the place to try & make jokes using racial, derogatory comments.

Nothing discriminating there, just the plain cold facts as reported - Somchai on Somchai... :)