Thunder & Lightning In Chiang Mai

nevermore93

The late afternoon sky has given us some rather spectacular thunder claps and lightning flashes. It's near impossible to see the lightning bolts through the smoke and smog, but it does make a nice flash in the sky before giving up a rather thunderous rumble. I'm just sitting here hoping and praying that it will cut loose with some rain and clear up the air a little bit. I heard some mention of cloud seeding here. Have they started trying that yet to get things going?

Doing my raindance here :)

Do we need a parallel thread running? :D

My Mistake. I gave up on reading the other thread after 5 or 6 pages. A few more pages would have brought me up to date on the starts stops and where. I guess I just got a little excited about the thunder today.

Moderator, feel free to close or delete this thread. I'll go wade through the rest of the other one. :)

My Mistake. I gave up on reading the other thread after 5 or 6 pages. A few more pages would have brought me up to date on the starts stops and where. I guess I just got a little excited about the thunder today.

Moderator, feel free to close or delete this thread. I'll go wade through the rest of the other one. :)

We love you any way. :D

Raining here now (for the last 10 minutes) inside the moat ... nice breeze and slow steady rain! Hopefully enough to clear the air and send the red shirts scurrying for cover!

nice rain here north of the superhighway. maybe my water well will work again?

Raining here now (for the last 10 minutes) inside the moat ... nice breeze and slow steady rain! Hopefully enough to clear the air and send the red shirts scurrying for cover!

nice rain here north of the superhighway. maybe my water well will work again?

Our wells have been holding out great! But this sure won't hurt!

Ten past seven here on Loi Kroh Road and its been drizzling steadily for nearly an hour. Ahhh! That lovely smell of rain after a long dry period. Who knows, tomorrow we may be able to see that mountain that allegedly lurks to the west of the city!!

Ten past seven here on Loi Kroh Road and its been drizzling steadily for nearly an hour. Ahhh! That lovely smell of rain after a long dry period. Who knows, tomorrow we may be able to see that mountain that allegedly lurks to the west of the city!!

That was the first thing I checked when I woke up, but nope - can't see it from just south of Chiang Mai Gate.

Yes we can have parallel thread running for such phenomena, no worry about closing it down.  

Yes we can have parallel thread running for such phenomena, no worry about closing it down.

yup no problem

we always seem to have a plethora of foodie threads and no one seems to complain about those