Red Shirt Rally Fallout: Tourists Cancel 1,000 Rooms Per Day In Bangkok

george

Tourism in Thailand will be down for a long time to come

This year is down the drain for sure

If you were in Europe planning your summer holidays now

would you book Thailand for a nice family get away?

Or would you book elsewhere?

Even if the protests end this weekend ... tourism is in

trouble for a long time to come

Then as soon as it picks up, a mob of ........ will start

a new protest, you can fill in the blank with your choice of color

Wait till you see the 'year end figures' for tourism ...it will be Millions down :)

Sure this protest is hitting BKK tourism, but it's having a knock on effect. I was in Kanchanaburi last week and oh so quiet. Good friends of mine who have a restaurant there are on the point of folding as customers are becoming non-existant; he and she have been in business for 6 years ...this, as they say, is because of the prolonged protests in BKK.

The stories are abound from many others around the land, and the damage to the tourism industry IMHO will suffer this year and the next year; many a traveller in their decision making process of where to spend their dollar/euro.pound will steer away from Thailand as they could have lost faith in this country.

God/Buddha/Allah bless Thailand and may these troubles cease soon ..it's soooo sad to see in the land I love :D

Well it's silly to cancel at the end of the day unless it was the yellows protesting since they have blessed approval to take over airports/govt buildings. :)

Uhhhh, did you read any newspaper recently? Or are you living in the past?

Well it's silly to cancel at the end of the day unless it was the yellows protesting since they have blessed approval to take over airports/govt buildings. :)

Uhhhh, did you read any newspaper recently? Or are you living in the past?

Lol yes he is living in the past, that post was from March!

I'd think poor tourism in CM would have more to do with all the reports about the poor air quality than with a few protests in Bangkok.

Europeans in particular cannot currently afford holidays as their income stream is likely far less and their currency often devalued. These are major factors too, it's not just about the protests.

Took a mini bus from Poi Pet to Pattaya a few days ago. The guy selling the tickets came up to me and said the bus is usually full but today I was their only passenger. He then proceeded to try and charge me more LOL. I refused and then he said okay but we will stop on the way to find more passengers. Nobody in their right mind is flying into BKK now.

International flights to other Thai cities are very limited so it won't be just BKK that is impacted by this as some others claim.