Sorry But Another Request For Visa Help!

Hi,

Probably this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find a thread, if anyone can chuck a link my way that would be great...but here is my situation...any help would be appreciated

Out of the blue, my employer just told me that he is packing up the office and relocating.

This means my work permit and visa will become invalidated and although i thought there might be a way around that (like transferring WP to new address) he is adamant that I have to leave Thailand to get a new visa. Here are my problems...

1. I am more or less totally broke at the moment, and the big a*rse says i have to cover the costs myself this time. So i need to go somewhere CHEAP.

2. My UK passport only has about 2 empty pages in it. So I think I need to go to a country that won't use up a page with an entrance visa.

I have to leave before April 10th, is it possible to get a new UK passport before then? This will solve problem 2, but make problem 1 worse! 555

What's the cheapest country to stay in? I don't care about staying in a dump.

TIA for any constructive advice!

TD

Do you have a Visa or an extension of stay from Immigration?

If it is a Visa it is still valid.

If it is an extension from Immigration you have to leave on the day your employment ends.

If you are asking about Tourist Visas they will be free as from April 1st.

Vientienne Laos will issue a double entry.

From OP:

Out of the blue, my employer just told me that he is packing up the office and relocating.

This means my work permit and visa will become invalidated and although i thought there might be a way around that (like transferring WP to new address) he is adamant that I have to leave Thailand to get a new visa. Here are my problems...

Do you mean your employer changes location but you remain employed?

If this is the case you do not need a new visa and WP, only change the location details in your current WP.

If you actually lost your job and have to find a new one then yes a new visa and WP is needed.

opalhort

From OP:

Do you mean your employer changes location but you remain employed?

If this is the case you do not need a new visa and WP, only change the location details in your current WP.

If you actually lost your job and have to find a new one then yes a new visa and WP is needed.

opalhort

Hi, yes, that's exactly what I mean! Right, better have another chat with him, it's probably some scam for him to save a few Baht, thanks!

Just to add this:

If your current employer closes the company and re-opens it somewhere else under a different name but keeps you employed things about WP are somewhat more complicated but can also be solved without leaving Thailand.

opalhort