Computer Fair At Queen Sirikit Centre

rak sa_ngop

I just noticed in the Bangkok Post that there is a Computer Fair (or something similar) at the Queen Sirikit Centre this weekend - until Sunday 21st March.

Can anybody recommend going or is it best to just stick with the usual computer malls i.e. any chance of getting a good deal on a new machine????

Last spring there was a very large computer expo at the Queen S center, but it was in late May, I think, so I do not know if this is the same thing, but a bit earlier--but last year's computer expo was discussed in advance in the Bkk Post Database section (their tech section) which I think is either every Wed or Thurs, and it detailed some of the bargains being offered. So, you might look back to this week's paper or look online to see if they do the same.

I think last year's expo had quite a few bargains on offer and I got a very good laptop there with fantastic specs for quite a bit less than I saw inferior laptops offered for on a regular basis at MBK, Pantip Plaza, etc--if you know what exactly what you want--what brand, specs, etc--last year most every name brand had promotions going and some unusual offbrands there also--additionally, there were floor after floor of computer, tech, electronic accessories and gadgets for sale--it was great fun and I spent an entire day there.

There are about 4 computer fairs there a year. Like above said if you know what you are after there are some good bargains. Make sure you go before lunch otherwise it is PACKED. Opens at 10am. Went on Thursday but it is all too much to take in for me. Some of the main dealers at Pantip etc run the same deals at their Pantip shops as at the Computer show.

Went there yesterday...like always a mob of people hunting for great bargains. Some good deals to be found but much better prices available in the US. However, as long as you don't have to fight the crowd to the bathroom, it is a fun shopping experience. Did see a cool pen that is computerized so that it records lectures as well as reads what you write at the same time...starting from about 5.5K baht. When the sales guy wrote the word "hello", he was able to replay the word in several languages as well.

Edited by mauiguy90