Non Imm - O Visa Based On Marriage

Hi my friends,

I have to renew my visa within 3 weeks and I have the following docs.

Marriage certificate - certified and translated (just need to register it now which I will do on Monday)

Pick up my letter from the bank on Tuesday to state I have over 400,000 baht in the bank.

copies of my passport and ofcourse my original.

Is that all I need?

somebody on here will be more help than me mate,,,, but l do remember ,, make copies of everything (2 or 3) ,, passport size photo's ,, your wifes ID card ,,, make sure the letter from the bank is only a few days old and not weeks ,, ,,,,and there will be more ,, is this for an extension or a non-im O visa ??

cheers

egg

There is no side cash involved. But you will likely require a set of photos together in/outside home with number visible and a map to home. There may also, if upcountry, be requirements for witness accounts of your living together. Copy of wife home register is normally also required.

But if you already have a file with the photos/map it likely will not be required a second time. Most places are hot to have a same day account balance confirmation (atm receipt or book update).

Thanks, not really that hard.

Just a pain in the ass.

Also, I have had well over 400,000 baht for about 1 year, I made a big purchase in Jan and it went down to 380,000 for 2 weeks before I transfered some money from my overseas account, do you think that will hurt my chances?

Very likely it will, as the immigration requirement is for 400k to be there every day during the seasoning period. You can obtain 60 day extension to your current permission to stay on basis of visiting Thai wife which will allow time for funds to properly season. Visit Immigration with wife. You will need to take with you marriage certificate, wife's ID card, tabbien bahn (house book), completed application form TM7, copies of passport pages/TM6 departure card + passport photo. Some offices are also asking for photos of you and wife around the house and map to house. Fee 1900 baht. Then apply for 12 month extension of stay based on marriage during the last 30 days of your permission to stay.

A quick related question. I am in a similar position to the OP. Does the application for extension have to be made in the last 30 days of the non-O 90 day entry, or can it be made at any time during the 90 days ?

Usually within the last 30 days. They sometimes allow early applications if you have a very good reason.

Thanks, Lite Beer. My potential employer wants to make a work permit application for me. Is that a good enough reason to apply early ?

Also, for the financial requirements for the marriage extension. I have a letter from the company overseas that deals with my retirement income, and it shows more than the required 40,000 Baht income per month. Does that letter need to be notarised by the Embassy/Consulate or is it sufficient in itself ?

One more question or 2.

It says I need to provide a copy of passport (with certified true copy) 2 copy? <- what does that mean? I need to get a copy certified from my embassy? Turning up with the original not good enough?

3 Photo's in and aroung the house, we have one outside of the house, but none together inside the house, we have some each with our daughter, would that be enough?

A certified coppy means a photo copy, with each photo copy signed by you, by which you certify the copy is real.

Pictures of you and the wife together in the house and outside the house, take also one outside the house with the house number clearly visible and do include the kid in the pictures. The idea is that you show (proof) that you are living together.

There is no side cash involved. But you will likely require a set of photos together in/outside home with number visible and a map to home. There may also, if upcountry, be requirements for witness accounts of your living together. Copy of wife home register is normally also required.

But if you already have a file with the photos/map it likely will not be required a second time. Most places are hot to have a same day account balance confirmation (atm receipt or book update).

WHAT IF, the wife's home register is at the house of her previous residence (blue book) (her Mother's)? The husband rents a house, where both reside.

Some immigration offices don't seem to have a problem with people not living where they are registered, others do expect you to live with your wife at that address and send you to the immigration office for wherethe misses is registered on the tabien baan.

I need to get a new Non O based on marriage outside of Thailand. I want to know which is the best and easiest place to go? Do not have 400,000b to show and wife is not with me.

Single or Multi?

If Multi KL Malaysia is probably the best bet.

They will need a to see a bank balance of around 100,000 Baht.

Marriage Certificate. Wife's ID Card and house book.

A letter from her asking for the Visa to be issued is always a good idea.

Hi Thanks lIte beer

I do not have house book? never been asked for it in the states? I also do not have a letter from wife. Do you think this will fly? Might be better to make a trip to the states again, it is so much easier.

I need to get a new Non O based on marriage outside of Thailand. I want to know which is the best and easiest place to go? Do not have 400,000b to show and wife is not with me.

Single or Multi?

If Multi KL Malaysia is probably the best bet.

They will need a to see a bank balance of around 100,000 Baht.

Marriage Certificate. Wife's ID Card and house book.

A letter from her asking for the Visa to be issued is always a good idea.

Just to update you on my earlier posts. I tried to obtain the one - year extension early ( after one month) at Chonburi immigration but they point blank refused to deal with it until I had been in Thailand for a minimum of 60 days. They initially checked all the paperwork and accepted it as being in order but when it was passed on to a female supervisor, she refused to accept it early. I have to say she wasn't very polite either ! This is my first experience at Thai immigration, and I have to say I wasn't particularly impressed with their inter - personal skills.

Here's what you will need.

Thank you very much.

I do have a question about the document.

Evidence of the male foreigners monthly income of 40,000 Baht.

Embassy letter if originating outside Thailand.

Tax receipts if from within Thailand.

I am working in Thailand for years now, based on a non-immigrant B. I would like to obtain my next extension based on my marriage to a Thai citizen.

What do I actually have to bring regarding the 40,000 THB rule? The Tax Clearance Receipt and a copy of the 90/91 form, the employment contract of 2009 or the new one for 2010? Any more documents needed?

Thank you very much for reading.