Wii, Xbox360, Ps3?

mzmann

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if I will be able to use my Canadian bought gaming consoles over there with no problems or not? I am currently away at work and I cannot remember if they are rated 100-220V universal or not. I think 220 is the standard there yes? And if they are not universal then all I would need to do is just purchase an inverter right? (and of course a plugin adapter, but I have lots of them already). And what about purchasing games there, would the games purchased there be playable on my consoles?

Thanks

Most electronics now a days are universal - 100 - 240v and 50 - 60 Hz. So it is okay. Normally now a days the issue is mostly the outlet shape. But here in Thailand it should fit. Unless you have something 3 prong and your wall is a 2 prong outlet. lol... I so hate when that happens.

BUT..... There is conflicting reports of the AC power cord in the PS3 saying only 100v. But if the PS3 is bought after 2006 It should be a universal power supply. But best way is to check your self when you get home.

As for games for PS3 its suppose to be region free.. . Only way to know for sure is try. lol

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlaySta...ee/m-p/27414591

Xbox and Wii you might have a problem with both the power supply and the games. I believe Wii games are region locked.

The wii will work, after you get a different power brick. This is what I had to do with my US bought Wii. Just checked my 360 (here in the US) and it says 100-127) so you will have to replace the brick as well.

As far as games, real games are far and few between, BKK will be your best bet. Most games are copies and require you to chip your system. A chipped 360 is a foolish thing since it will be perma-banned from XboxLive. As for the wii, you don't need a chip anymore. Simply look up "wii hombrew channel" and then hook your wii up to an external harddrive with as many downloaded games as you want. Nintendo's servers are unable to recognize the software mod and it's 100% reversible.

Not sure about the PS3, have they been able to chip it yet?

Another idea is to have friends at home mail you the disk via regular post.

The wii will work, after you get a different power brick. This is what I had to do with my US bought Wii. Just checked my 360 (here in the US) and it says 100-127) so you will have to replace the brick as well.

As far as games, real games are far and few between, BKK will be your best bet. Most games are copies and require you to chip your system. A chipped 360 is a foolish thing since it will be perma-banned from XboxLive. As for the wii, you don't need a chip anymore. Simply look up "wii hombrew channel" and then hook your wii up to an external harddrive with as many downloaded games as you want. Nintendo's servers are unable to recognize the software mod and it's 100% reversible.

Not sure about the PS3, have they been able to chip it yet?

Another idea is to have friends at home mail you the disk via regular post.

Thanks for the info! much appreciated. Any idea as to where I would get the required powerbricks for them? With my 360 I have to get it repaired first anyways as I ended up with the dreaded red ring of death, but I would still like to be prepared for when I make the move. Cheaper to maybe purchase one from ebay before heading over? or cheaper to get the brick there? As well, I have yet to get the PS3 but plan on it very shortly, I am pretty sure that for the PS3 it would definately be cheaper for me to buy here versus there.....as long as no problem with games that I would buy there I guess.

It's been a year, but on the 2nd or 3rd floor of Central Kad Suen Kaow there is a tiny game shop run by an Italian guy and his Thai wife. I have never been done wrong by them. But I think the power supply cost at least $35-45USD so maybe Ebay is a better bet.

All systems are cheaper in Canada and the US compared to Thailand.