New Shopping Center

FarangBuddha

I have noticed for the past week or so the beginnings of some construction of what is apparently going to be another shopping center or plaza in town. Apparently it's going to be 3 stories tall and is located on the west side of Sukhumvit between Central and South roads near the Spanish Place condos. I don't know who the anchor tenant is slated to be but I did see a sign for a Micky D's.

Pattaya gets better all the time :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

Not looking forward to the traffic chaos caused by vehicles entering and exiting there. Tesco and Big C on Sukhumvit are bad enough, as well as the new right turns into Soi Khao Talao and Soi Siam Country Club without additional obstacles to swerve around.

I remember people predicting the end of the world traffic wise when the new Central Beach mall opened a year ago. I, for one, have not noticed any appreciable difference in the [normal] traffic chaos since it opened...on either the Beach Road or 2nd Road approaches. In fact, I quite like having another secure, covered, and FREE place to park my car.

Pattaya is not the quaint low-traffic fishing village of 30 years ago...get used to it!

Not looking forward to the traffic chaos caused by vehicles entering and exiting there. Tesco and Big C on Sukhumvit are bad enough, as well as the new right turns into Soi Khao Talao and Soi Siam Country Club without additional obstacles to swerve around.
Edited by FarangBuddha

I remember people predicting the end of the world traffic wise when the new Central Beach mall opened a year ago. I, for one, have not noticed any appreciable difference in the [normal] traffic chaos since it opened...on either the Beach Road or 2nd Road approaches. In fact, I quite like having another secure, covered, and FREE place to park my car.

Pattaya is not the quaint low-traffic fishing village of 30 years ago...get used to it!

Sir if you have not noticed any heavier traffic ,then you do not drive!!!!!,bech rd and 2nd rd are always a bloomin nightmare around the entrances and exits.

You misunderstood...I don't think MD will be the anchor tenant (way too small)...just that I saw a sign that it will be a tenant.

As to traffic and driving...I'm from SFO so narrow streets, bad drivers, and congested traffic is nothing to me. I am used to it and I don't mind driving in Pattaya (or Bangkok for that matter) at all. I can get anywhere from Naklua to Jomtien in 10-15 minutes at any time of day so no problems re traffic in my book. I can't help but guess that all the folks who are always complaining about traffic and how people drive in Pattaya must be from some really itty-bitty towns and villages in Farangland :)

When the "Village" opened there was a sign for a McD with a picture too, has not happened yet so dont hold your breath as that being an anchor tennant?
Edited by FarangBuddha

Sir if you have not noticed any heavier traffic ,then you do not drive!!!!!,bech rd and 2nd rd are always a bloomin nightmare around the entrances and exits.

Well he certainly doesn't drive around the new Central unless it's in the wee small hours when it's closed.

You traffic wingers really are a pathetic lot...drive my BIG Sportrider into and outta Central Beach in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings without any problems.

It's especially fun to intimidate out of the way all the farengs puttering around town on their little scooters...maybe you one of them?

Well he certainly doesn't drive around the new Central unless it's in the wee small hours when it's closed.

Edited by FarangBuddha

You traffic wingers really are a pathetic lot...drive my BIG Sportrider into and outta Central Beach in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings without any problems.

It's especially fun to intimidate out of the way all the farengs puttering around town on their little scooters...maybe you one of them?

Another typical SUV driver :)

Edited by Phil Conners

i love when people don't hint or hedge, they just stand right up and say "hey, look at me, i'm the asshol_e you guys were talking about!". have to laugh. and what the fuc_k is a Sportrider anyway? isn't that the exercise thing Chuck Norris endorses?

An OLD tinpot Toyota!

It was a "bloomin nightmare" before and now a slightly bigger "bloomin nightmare". I have no idea why people with cars bother driving around there and then complain about traffic. Get on a bike or chill out on a baht bus. If more of you left your cars at home we'd all be better off.

That's ridiculous. I'm one of those Farang on a little scooter and would certainty beat you point to point anytime in Pattaya Central at most times. You'd be getting in my way if anything.

Enough with the flames and my ride is bigger than your ride none sense, please can we get back on topic.

OH and BTW I own 2 x SUVs, I believe I am a considerate driver and NEVER scare anyone walking or on motorbikes.

Now back on topic please.

If I am not mistaken, Mahajak will move there. I heard it will be a fairly large store with a much better selection than they now have at Duck Square. I hope so...will be nice to have a decent stereo electronics store here....

A voice of reason...listen to the man :)

Any further information about potential tenants would be of interest.

Enough with the flames and my ride is bigger than your ride none sense, please can we get back on topic.

OH and BTW I own 2 x SUVs, I believe I am a considerate driver and NEVER scare anyone walking or on motorbikes.

Now back on topic please.

Edited by FarangBuddha

If I am not mistaken, Mahajak will move there. I heard it will be a fairly large store with a much better selection than they now have at Duck Square. I hope so...will be nice to have a decent stereo electronics store here....

Mahajak has built it's own store opposite soi khao talo.

Is it close to this new shopping center? I drive this section of road every day and can't place exactly where it will be!

Is it close to this new shopping center? I drive this section of road every day and can't place exactly where it will be!

The new shopping centre is just before Spanish Condo as you're heading towards Klang from South.

The new Mahajak shop is just past Thepprasit road if driving direction north pattaya,next to the boat shop.It is completed already with the advertising board mounted and everything.

Another typical SUV driver :)

Not all have to be "green"! I prefere to cruise my old (air conditioned) V8 American Tank than sitting and swetting on a "Ladybike" (with a helmet, shorts and flip flops) Therefore i pay also more Roadtax to do and own that kind of comfort.

Edited by stingray