Ace Insurance Company

FlakeyFoont

Paid my claim after three months, after numerous requests for attention to my claim, and only after I got really angry and seriously demanding that they give the matter their immediate attention.

When they did transfer the funds they got the amount wrong (short) and I had to go through more discussion and needed again to get really angry before the matter was finally fixed.

Thanks for the input Scorecard, good to know. Can you give any details why the company took so long to pay? Were they disputing the claim?

- They were not disputing the claim in any way.

- The claim documentation was submitted very quickly, I checked quickly whether it had been received and was complete and acceptable. It was.

- They were just very very slow and didn't really bother to react when I first started to query why so slow. There was a certain level of arrogance, a certain level of who cares about customers. Numerous e.mails were just ignored.

- Numerous phone calls to their country claims manager produced "I'll get back to you" with zero or very slow and unfocused replies, or a return call from a junior person with no substantive information.

- At my request the broker appraoched them with no response.

- They got serious when I got really angry.