Acute Realty -- Anybody Knows Them?

dotx

I'm planning on renting a house through AcuteRealty.com. Because of my circumstances (long story), I'd like to rent the place before I arrive in Thailand. They have houses/apartments you can rent a month at a time, so it's no big deal if I end up hating the house or the area, as I can move in less than 30 days. However, I've been asked to wire some money to pay for a deposit and secure the house so it won't be rented to somebody else. Again, no big deal, since I did the same when I was organizing a move to Vietnam (wired money from the US and everything was fine; loved the apartment; never had a problem with the realtor or the place). So I'm not worried about the process. Just want to make sure the company is real. Anybody knows it or has used it before? Any ideas on how can I check whether the place is legit? The house I'm renting is in Hua Hin but the company's central offices seem to be in Bangkok.

Hi. They've only asked for the deposit (just a little under a month's rent). They've been nothing but helpful to me over email, so I just wanted to confirm they're legit before I go ahead and send them the money. Thanks for the help everybody!

Acute Realty is the sales branch of the Siri Group, which develops a bunch of condo developments. They are not the cheapest real estate company around, but they are quite well known and I think, probably among the more reliable companies around. Of course, if you inquire about purchase of properties, they will naturally gravitate towards projects of the Siri Group (and Plus properties).

Hi. They've only asked for the deposit (just a little under a month's rent). They've been nothing but helpful to me over email, so I just wanted to confirm they're legit before I go ahead and send them the money. Thanks for the help everybody!
Edited by mauiguy90

Acute Realty is the sales branch of the Siri Group, which develops a bunch of condo developments. They are not the cheapest real estate company around, but they are quite well known and I think, probably among the more reliable companies around. Of course, if you inquire about purchase of properties, they will naturally gravitate towards projects of the Siri Group (and Plus properties).

To clarify, Plus Property is actually the sales and agency subsidiary of Sansiri Plc. Acute Realty aren't related to the Sansiri group, and in fact the projects highlighted on the right side of Acute Realty's webpage are not Sansiri projects. I agree with your comments though regarding their reliability etc., generally speaking, however I do know they have some quality control issues with some sub-contractors at several developments (which has caused me considerable frustration as an owner).

Details of Sansiri group:

http://www.sansiri.com/en/investor/ir_corporate.aspx

OK Mario point taken let me put it another way then. People looking to buy property in the Hua Hin should be aware about leaving a deposit or what one agent would call an intention to buy payment with real estate agents. Only leave a deposit if you have completed a sales agreement with the seller and yourself and you are 100% sure you want to buy, trying to get this payment returned is so much harder than giving it in the first place.

If you want more info on please email me.

For what it is worth, here is my experience with this company:

I bought my current condo in Bangkok through this company, almost six years ago. Unlike a few other agents with whom I had dealings, Acute Realty was totally and utterly professional!

They took me around various projects in Bangkok and once I had made up my mind about which unit to pursue, they did all the negotiations for me.

They organised all aspects of the contracts and purchase of the condo. And later the transfer at the land department.

Nothing was left to chance.

I paid a 10% deposit of the purchase price and received a contract which was signed by all parties involved (in my presence), including copies of all ID cards (including mine) of the people involved in the transaction.

I came back to Thailand 8 weeks later, met on the Monday to pay the remainder, again, everybody present and signing contracts. I received the keys immediately. On Wednesday (3 days later) I had the title deeds and all other paperwork in my possession.

Never since have I had any issues arising.

I would recommend this company to anybody, as they provided a 100% professional service, unlike many other "agents"?? with supposedly more reputable names!

Frm-Bkk

For what it is worth, here is my experience with this company:

I bought my current condo in Bangkok through this company, almost six years ago. Unlike a few other agents with whom I had dealings, Acute Realty was totally and utterly professional!

They took me around various projects in Bangkok and once I had made up my mind about which unit to pursue, they did all the negotiations for me.

They organised all aspects of the contracts and purchase of the condo. And later the transfer at the land department.

Nothing was left to chance.

I paid a 10% deposit of the purchase price and received a contract which was signed by all parties involved (in my presence), including copies of all ID cards (including mine) of the people involved in the transaction.

I came back to Thailand 8 weeks later, met on the Monday to pay the remainder, again, everybody present and signing contracts. I received the keys immediately. On Wednesday (3 days later) I had the title deeds and all other paperwork in my possession.

Never since have I had any issues arising.

I would recommend this company to anybody, as they provided a 100% professional service, unlike many other "agents"?? with supposedly more reputable names!

Frm-Bkk

For what it is worth this company over the past year has a new German owner so I would assume FRM-BKK that you may retract from posting your thought and not recommend this company again, maybe in the past with the British owner the company preformed to your satisfaction it is a different story now.