Buying Time For Usb Modem

jt936

I got advice to get a usb modem and it works great. However, it is a little expensive. I don't know where to go to get a package for it. I heard that for mobile phone internet connections they have them.

Thanks loads.

Which sim-card are you using in your USB modem?

If your using your mobile phone's sim card without setting it up first it will be expensive.

I have a SOLOMON-EDGE USB modem which i use as back up when my TT&T connection is down or playing up or when i'm up country and no WI-FI connection is available.

I have two sim cards, one AIS and the other is DETAC which i've had for years with no need to renew, i just top them up whenever i need to use the USB modem as they are dedicated to that purpose.

The DETAC sim card.

Assuming your in Pattaya take it into carrefour and on the second floor (up the escalator) near the coffee shop and sports shop you will see a small mobile stand, they will top it up for you with however many hours you want.

If you dont have a Detac sim-card this stall will sell you one and set it up for you.

The AIS sim-card.

Insert the sim-card into your mobile phone and:

Dial *138 and lsiten to some Thai crap until they ask you to press 1 for English or press 1 immedietly then you don't have to listen..

Press 1: For English language and follow the instructions which i think are as follows

Press 2:

Press 1:

Press 1:

Press 3: For how many hours usage you want

Press 1: Confirm your package

Edited by nam-thip