99.99% Gold In Thailand

TheItaliann

Hi I don't think you will find any gold that pure. Try Googling Thai baht gold for the percentages and karat amounts, you'll probably find Thai gold to be 22 karat...still very pretty, though!

of course you will, but you have to order it and wait for delivery which takes a few days. that does not apply to in BKK were most renowned dealers buy and sell (Credit Suisse and UBS) 999.9 bars.

any gold shops that you recommend Nam.

10 oz bars would be ideal.

Australia aint that far away, its probably the best place to buy bullion. You should see what it would take to bring it in.

You must have a fair amount of fiat to trade in if you only want to deal in 10 oz lots.

any gold shops that you recommend Nam? 10 oz bars would be ideal.

i don't want to recommend one but you can ask any big one to order the bars for you. mind you, if you buy than you should buy 999.9 which is sold in Grams if you want to be free to sell it anywhere on this planet. BKK goldshops also have bars denominated in Tolas (11.6666 grs commonly used on the Indian Subcontinent and the Middle East). if you are planning to use the bars in Thailand then "thai gold" 96.5 should suit you.

any gold shops that you recommend Nam. 10 oz bars would be ideal.

Australia aint that far away, its probably the best place to buy bullion. You should see what it would take to bring it in.

You must have a fair amount of fiat to trade in if you only want to deal in 10 oz lots.

truly an ideal recommendation! the Italiann takes a 6-10 hours flight to "not far away" Australia to buy gold which he is not allowed to bring into Thailand and that at the same price he can buy gold in his home town. :)

next!

any gold shops that you recommend Nam. 10 oz bars would be ideal.

truly an ideal recommendation! the Italiann takes a 6-10 hours flight to "not far away" Australia to buy gold which he is not allowed to bring into Thailand and that at the same price he can buy gold in his home town. :)

next!

Your not going to get the same price in Thailand. 6 to 10 hours is f@#$ all nothing.

You handing out the gold advice is odd..... :D

999.9 gold bars are readily available at any large gold house in Thailand. There are several. The prices are set by the Goldtraders Association just like 965.

Personally, I check the rates here:

http://www.ausiris.co.th/en/index.php

Most Thais buy 999.9 gold in baht weight bars, although 1 kg PAMP Suisse bars are common as well. Bars denominated in gram weights less than 1 kg are available at a premium. Thais generally do not invest in those.

Currently 10 baht weight 999.9 gold bars are selling for about 6000 baht more than the equivalent 10 baht weight 965 gold bars. That same ratio holds true when you sell them back.

Your not going to get the same price in Thailand. 6 to 10 hours is f@#$ all nothing. You handing out the gold advice is odd..... :)

and you are talking (as usual) trolling nonsense. gold price in Bangkok is identical to gold price anywhere in Australia. even small goldshops in small towns of Thailand have a direct link to international spot prices. if the flight hours are "nothing" then perhaps add the flight cost of several thousand dollars and hotel minimum one night (not a 200 Baht room) to the price of "australian" gold.

sometimes i wonder whether you are for real!

cool. the thai price is cheaper than the us price.

15.244 grams = .5377162 ounces

us price 1112/oz

us price per baht = $598

thai price per baht = 17650 baht = exchange rate of 31.94 = $553

Hmmm.... Did I make a mistake somewhere?

1 baht = 15.244g = .490106 troy oz.

No need to smuggle, buy $50 Maple Leaf gold coins, as long as you have face value less than $10,000 you are ok .9999 gold, easy to trade in Thailand

coins are sold with a hefty premium over spot price. a $20k (not $10k) limit exists in Thailand as far as declaration at entry is concerned. no matter how often the fairy tale (that coins which are legal tender can be brought into Thailand without problems) is repeated doesn't make it true. coin case closed. next!

I thought the purer the golds the softer it is, So in theory it would rub away over time if handled a lot.

precious metal investors keep their gold in a safe place without a lot of rubbing or handling.

I thought the purer the golds the softer it is, So in theory it would rub away over time if handled a lot.

precious metal investors keep their gold in a safe place without a lot of rubbing or handling.

Oh...I dont know about that...I heard a lot of folks like to dig their hands into a pile of 1 oz coins while saying pirate like things,,,, :):D

Well maybe just once in awhile. The rest of the time they are as you say..in tubes safely stashed. :D

Edited by flying

Your not going to get the same price in Thailand. 6 to 10 hours is f@#$ all nothing. You handing out the gold advice is odd..... :)

and you are talking (as usual) trolling nonsense. gold price in Bangkok is identical to gold price anywhere in Australia. even small goldshops in small towns of Thailand have a direct link to international spot prices. if the flight hours are "nothing" then perhaps add the flight cost of several thousand dollars and hotel minimum one night (not a 200 Baht room) to the price of "australian" gold.

sometimes i wonder whether you are for real!

Maybe you are right but I was told that premiums went up in Asia after the news that Vietnam was closing 20 of their gold trading floors. I want to get to the bottom of this . I bought 2 oz of bullion at the Bank of Nova Scotia a while ago. They charged me $25 per oz commission and then a 5% sales tax on the grand total.

who has actually bought bullion in Thailand recently ? what was their grand total was after commissions and taxes ?

No need to smuggle, buy $50 Maple Leaf gold coins, as long as you have face value less than $10,000 you are ok .9999 gold, easy to trade in Thailand

haha, would that work ? It does say $50 right on the coins. Its a technicality.

coins are sold with a hefty premium over spot price. a $20k (not $10k) limit exists in Thailand as far as declaration at entry is concerned. no matter how often the fairy tale (that coins which are legal tender can be brought into Thailand without problems) is repeated doesn't make it true. coin case closed. next!

what about physical bonds ? your the bond bug.

Two Japanese caught smuggling US bonds worth $134.5 billion

I have purchased 5 Tael Hong Kong good delivery bars in Chiang Mai. These are about 6 troy oz. of 99.9 %. Paid the spot price.

So no taxes, no premium and no commissions ?

I will believe it when I see it. :) Take a pic of your receipt and post it, I am going to post mine later. My cam battery is dead.

what about physical bonds ? your the bond bug.

physical bonds have to be declared too. the laws of most countries specify "value of negotiable monetary instruments" and in the U.S. that applies even to a cashier's cheque and that is why the tale of "face value legal tender coins" is a fairy tale. but declaring values and import restrictions or import duties are different animals which should not be mixed up.

Edited by Naam

I have purchased 5 Tael Hong Kong good delivery bars in Chiang Mai. These are about 6 troy oz. of 99.9 %. Paid the spot price.

I will believe it when I see it. :) Take a pic of your receipt and post it, I am going to post mine later. My cam battery is dead.

Yeah sure there was a small commission. No tax or receipt though - say Sokal have you ever actually been to LOS? I don't even recall paying any tax on a hundred eagles I bought back in the States although that was 15 years ago.

Yeah sure there was a small commission. No tax or receipt though - say Sokal have you ever actually been to LOS? I don't even recall paying any tax on a hundred eagles I bought back in the States although that was 15 years ago.

what was the commission ?

No receipt ? bsmeter.gif

this seems a bit childish.

i have bought 96.5% and 99.99% ingots in chinatown in bangkok this year.

no commision rates or receipts or anything else.

the price is in the window, u give cash u get gold, u leave.

now i have cash and gold, what to do next?

ef

I will believe when I see it. No premium ? So if the bullion price is $938, you paid exactly $938 ? I wouldn't mind knowing the truth because I want more gold and I will be in BKK later in the month. If what you are saying is true then I will not buy here but wait til I get to BKK. Its hard to tell if you are FOS.