Importing A Moped

Im about to import an old moped (50cc., more a bicycle with engine ) from america and im wondering about taxes, fees or problems i could have. If someone knows about this i would apreciate more information.

Thank you

Im about to import an old moped (50cc., more a bicycle with engine ) from america and im wondering about taxes, fees or problems i could have. If someone knows about this i would apreciate more information.

Thank you

Why on earth do you want to import a 50cc old moped? Are you still living in the '50s? My god man open your eyes and smell the 2 stroke exhaust and come to grips!!!

For those TV viewers who just can't resist posting about mixed sensorial descriptions...I am fully aware that your eyes can not smell. I'm stating this because once I said that a room full of cooking gas wasn't exactly invisible because you could smell it...and....I actually got a reply from someone wanting to know if I thought you could see with your nose...of course I said, 'yes'.

Having suffered the bureaucratic hassle of importing personal effects through Don Muang I would think twice about importing a moped even through seaports. The Thai market is flooded with two-wheelers in both two and fourstroke and you could buy a new one here for the cost of paying shipping and import duty on one you already own.

However, if it has sentimental value or is a 'classic' then it's up to you. What about spare parts and service?

Thank you

I'm stating this because once I said that a room full of cooking gas wasn't exactly invisible because you could smell it...and....I actually got a reply from someone wanting to know if I thought you could see with your nose...of course I said, 'yes'.

Saw me coming, didja chownah?? :o

About the room full of cooking gas- if you had replied "room full of cooking gas wasn't exactly undetectable because you could smell it" I would have had nothing to say! Nothing personal dude- jujst having a laugh / taking the piss. :D

To the original poster- new motorcycles here are incredibly cheap, and used ones even cheaper. Like PETERTHEEATER said; unless your "old" moped has huge sentimental value or is a classic (can't imagine any classic mopeds) you would be wiser to buy one here, and probably ultimately save money, time and aggrivation!

Edited by bino

I dont live in the fifties chownah but i do like classic vespas. There are many scooters here but no mopeds. It is almost impossible to buy a vespa Ciao here so if someone as one for sale (i doubt) or have real information please tell me. Im a mechanic and the parts can be found...

Petertheeater: you said you had problems at DM, but finnaly you could get your stuff? did you had to pay taxes, extra fes, ...?

thx again