Anyone Submitted UK Settlement Visa On March 2010 And Get The Result?

Not a settlement visa I know but my wife applied for her "tourist" visa on 21st april and she has just had a text today (30th april) saying it is approved and ready for collection.

So they may have their doors shut to the public but they are still working and therefore should be clearing some of their backlog which should please some people.

I am very suprised that the text said that the visa had been approved and was ready for collection, Visa Section normally return the passports to VFS in a sealed packet and the result is not known until until the applicant opens the pack, I will of course be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Just one point, the application centre is actually open for a limited time this afternoon, 15.00 - 16.30, for people who have been advised that their visa decision is ready.

Good luck.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a settlement visa I know but my wife applied for her "tourist" visa on 21st april and she has just had a text today (30th april) saying it is approved and ready for collection.

So they may have their doors shut to the public but they are still working and therefore should be clearing some of their backlog which should please some people.

I am very suprised that the text said that the visa had been approved and was ready for collection, Visa Section normally return the passports to VFS in a sealed packet and the result is not known until until the applicant opens the pack, I will of course be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Just one point, the application centre is actually open for a limited time this afternoon, 15.00 - 16.30, for people who have been advised that their visa decision is ready.

Good luck.

My wife paid an extra amount to be notified by text.

HL :)

My wife paid an extra amount to be notified by text.

Yes I appreciate that, but the text only advises that the passport has been returned, it doesn't give the result of the application.

For the benefit of others, this is the details of the SMS service from the VFS website

SMS service - track your application

SMS and e-mail news updates will be sent to your mobile phone and your registered e-mail address provided in your application form, informing the status of your visa application. You will receive several automated messages to your mobile phone and e-mail informing you what stage your application is within the process. The service supports the transfer of SMS text into the language of your choice (Thai and English languages are available). At the end of the process you will receive an automated message informing you that UK Border Agency has made a decision on your visa application. You will not be informed on the outcome of the decision on your visa application.

You can buy this service for 75 Baht at the same time you submit your visa application form, supporting documents and biometric data at the visa application centre. The SMS service application form can be downloaded and completed before you visit the application centre by clicking here.

That said, I truly hope the application is successful

Edited by theoldgit

Yes you are correct....I have just looked at her message myself and it just says its ready for collection.

I have no worries though as she has been before and it is just a 2 week holiday with all hotels etc prebooked and I live here in Thailand too so there would be no reason for her to stay over there. Still you never know....lol

HL :)

Yes you are correct....I have just looked at her message myself and it just says its ready for collection.

I have no worries though as she has been before and it is just a 2 week holiday with all hotels etc prebooked and I live here in Thailand too so there would be no reason for her to stay over there. Still you never know....lol

HL :D

Thank you very much HAPPYLARRY for your good news :D

Any more news, anyone??? :)

HL :D

Thank you very much HAPPYLARRY for your good news :D

Any more news, anyone??? :)

Hi....my friend submitted a tourist visa app in early April nearly four weeks ago - and nothing has been heard of it until now.....hmmm

Applied March 8th with travel date of May 5th on the application.

We just received SMS and email saying "Your Visa application reference number:APET/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/1 has been processed by the British Embassy

and is received at the UK Visa Application Centre.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

Visa Application Centre."

Collection is between 3pm and 4.30pm so we'll know the result then.

They didn't request any further documents nor did they request an interview.

We've been together 7 years, married for 4 years with a child. The application was 210 pages in total (including photographs) and we were very thorough with the preperation (it took around 3 months to put the whole thing together) so I have to say I'm very confident the visa has been granted.

I'll post and let you know the results this evening. Fingers crossed!

Just got email today!!!!!!!

Applied March 10

------------------------------------

Your Visa application reference number:APET/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/1 has been processed by the British Embassy and is received at the UK Visa Application Centre.Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

Visa Application Centre.

will let everyone know the result today :):D :D :D :D :D

Just got email today!!!!!!!

Applied March 10

Your Visa application reference number:APET/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/1 has been processed by the British Embassy and is received at the UK Visa Application Centre.Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

Visa Application Centre.

will let everyone know the result today :):D :D :D :D :D

Excellent! Good luck.

Yeahhhhh!!!!! Visa granted!

for the record: Submitted 10 March 2010 / Approved 6 May 2010

For those who submitted UK Settlement Visa in March 2010 should have it back soon.

A good news for everyone that it not 12 weeks wait like last year!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!

Submitted April 30th Settlement Visa Issued 4th May. I was shocked when they text, thought 1 day, cos was closed monday dues to bank holiday. Thought it was an error or a knockback, but issued. Even lady said they are taking between 7 - 12 weeks.

So I'm assuming they must check them upon submission, if everything checks, go straight to issue.

Edited by bwalker1973

Submitted April 30th Settlement Visa Issued 4th May. I was shocked when they text, thought 1 day, cos was closed monday dues to bank holiday. Thought it was an error or a knockback, but issued. Even lady said they are taking between 7 - 12 weeks.

So I'm assuming they must check them upon submission, if everything checks, go straight to issue.

Well done, that’s amazing just 3 working days!

Can I ask are you married, if so how long have you been married.

Just wondering how straight forward your case was?

Not too sure about that.

With our application there were no questions asked, no request for further documentation and no interview. I'm fairly certain that what we submitted was as close to perfect as you can get and it took 8 weeks.

We've been together 7 years, married for 4 and have a 2 year old child.

What did you put on there as your date of travel?

Did you have any reason you stated for having to leave in any sort of a rush? i.e. Compassionate grounds?

Edited by lostforwords

Well done, that's amazing just 3 working days!

Can I ask are you married, if so how long have you been married.

Just wondering how straight forward your case was?

Been married 8 years, have 2 kids, not about age I'm only 36, but submitted bank statements, brokerage statements, proof I own 2 houses 1 in Thailand and 1 in the UK, and my childs 2 birth certificates. That was all. I thought because the message visa processed, straight away I instantly thought knock back, but things work in mysterious ways.

Looks like the visa's contain their photos, with your name and date of birth on them.

^ Shocked, amazed and actually very slightly jealous!!!

Submitted our step daughters application 5 weeks ago and still no word. Bit of a nightmare coz her TB cert expires on the 15th May so will have to get her a new one, most likely.

Congrats to everyone who has received theirs so far.

HoJo

Submitted our step daughters application 5 weeks ago and still no word. Bit of a nightmare coz her TB cert expires on the 15th May so will have to get her a new one, most likely.

HoJo

Submitted step son's application on 30th March no word as yet will let all know.

Good luck to all...

Jason

HoJo

Submitted step son's application on 30th March no word as yet will let all know.

Good luck to all...

Jason

when they pump out notification for collection what comes first, email, sms or online tracking or all at the same time..? and what time do they notify, is it random any hour of day or updated 2 times a day say 9pm and 3pm any ideas cos im getting tired of looking at my pc every waking hour.....

HoJo

Good luck to all...

Jason

when they pump out notification for collection what comes first, email, sms or online tracking or all at the same time..? and what time do they notify, is it random any hour of day or updated 2 times a day say 9pm and 3pm any ideas cos im getting tired of looking at my pc every waking hour.....

My wife received SMS about 10am Thai time, no email was received.

We received an e-mail 10ish in the morning (thailand). Didn't receive any texts, although paid for the service.

Didn't find the online tracking thing any use at all.

Hope you get good news soon.

Edited by samuzza

My wife and I applied for a settlement visa on the 12 of march but we are still waiting. Although the embassy did call her last week to ask hear few questions, so i was hoping that we get a answer soon. As it seems many people who applied the same time as us are now getting an answer, so i hope we should here this week.

Although my wife paid for the text alerts when we applied, so i am not sure if we will get one. But has anybody tried the on-line tracking for the visa. because for some reason we can not get it to work whatever reference number we put in.

Hope everyone hears the good news that we are waiting for.

My wife and I applied for a settlement visa on the 12 of march but we are still waiting. Although the embassy did call her last week to ask hear few questions, so i was hoping that we get a answer soon. As it seems many people who applied the same time as us are now getting an answer, so i hope we should here this week.

Although my wife paid for the text alerts when we applied, so i am not sure if we will get one. But has anybody tried the on-line tracking for the visa. because for some reason we can not get it to work whatever reference number we put in.

Hope everyone hears the good news that we are waiting for.

I just tried by clicking the Track Your Application link and after entering the info it just says, "invalid search"

Typical, what a rubbish system!

Is that what you got rushdentillidie?

I long ago stopped being surprised by the poor IT systems used by the government. It seems that when any government department buys an IT system, it's rubbish and after many costly attempts at repair is eventually scrapped and replaced!

Even were the system working, you would only get one of two replies.

Application received and being processed.

or

Application processed and passport returned to VAC.

(Not sure if that's the exact wording; but you get the gist.)

Yes whenever we tried to use the system it never worked, whatever number we used. So in the end we just gave up. Although today my wife got the text saying that her visa is ready to be picked up, but we never got the frist text lol.

So she is traveling down to bangkok tomorrow morning to collect the passport, hoping that it is granted. I know this will be the worst and lost 18 hours of my life. Although the embassy did call my wife last week to ask some questions so for the passed week i have been on end. Fringers crossed it will be ok, i will keep you all posted. We applied on the 12th of march so it took around 8 weeks.

Regards