Is There No Escape

G54

Yes, in English (back home) they are a right pain in the ass. Here, I can well understand why the street was deserted. I was home alone or else I can imagine them pushing their verbal way in toe door and camping in the house for hours spewing forth their diatribe.

Next time I see them I will go out with no bra and ask if they would like to milk my 'man breasts' of the Devil milk inside :)

Offensive post? Are you a Jehovah's Witness Needforspeed ?

I would not have thought there was much call for this religious group in Thailand. Have others had them at their door too? Or are they starting out now?

reminds me of black adder 2. the episode where edmonds aunt(whiteadder) calls to discuss his inheritence, and hes caught wearing a pair of man breasts at the dinner table. whilst trying to host a drinking party in the adjacent room.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi G54,

I know just what you mean! I'm sick to death of people knocking on my door looking for donations. Just had a woman from the sperm bank. , boy! Did I give her a mouthful.

:) Yeah that happens to me all the time !

Lucky so n so's. I have to pay to give that sort of donation :D

A few years back when I was living in England I had a doorbell on my front door but I always had it turned off as I often worked late into the night and slept until around midday.

One particular day I was expecting a FedEx so I turned the wireless doorbell on which was in my bedroom, this was the first time in about 2 years that I had specifically turned it on as I was expecting someone. Sure enough at 9:00 am after only about 4 hours sleep the doorbell rang. I got out of bed put some clothes on as quickly as I could then ran downstairs, I opened the door and two women were standing there. They were from the 'Legion of Mary', some religious outfit connected to the Catholic Church recruiting in the area. Unbelievable. The FedEx guy didn't arrive until later that afternoon !

Open the door in the nud_e and request help with extracting the devil from your balls.

It'd be fun if some gay guys decided to wander round the streets and pretend to be Jehovah's Witnesses. Could see some amusing scenes being played out on the doorsteps of Pattaya moo baans.

It is not gay as long as you don't look down.

What if you are a midget or French ?

Open the door in the nud_e and request help with extracting the devil from your balls.

It'd be fun if some gay guys decided to wander round the streets and pretend to be Jehovah's Witnesses. Could see some amusing scenes being played out on the doorsteps of Pattaya moo baans.

It is not gay as long as you don't look down.

What if you are a midget or French ?

Then you better start investing in handbags.

They don't harm so why hurt them.

They do no harm? Maybe not physical harm, no. But I have known people being harangued for hours in their own homes by these zealots who, once they are in the door do not want to stop their diatribe until you are converted.

I know these people well, they believe according to the bible that we are all in last days, they take it upon themselves to go out and be abused and ridiculed to share and warn mankind about their beliefs of impending termination of this system. They do not "harange people for hours" they put their fear of abuse and ridicule to one side to try and help their brother and sisters of mankind as or in a type of giving you life belt type situation. I wonder if you would have the necessary bottle and the guts to be able to do the same

i

Palusa

I know these people well, they believe according to the bible that we are all in last days, they take it upon themselves to go out and be abused and ridiculed to share and warn mankind about their beliefs of impending termination of this system. They do not "harange people for hours" they put their fear of abuse and ridicule to one side to try and help their brother and sisters of mankind as or in a type of giving you life belt type situation. I wonder if you would have the necessary bottle and the guts to be able to do the same

????

:)

Edited by G54

Well I was sitting at home the other morning in my underpants when the doorbell went.

They'd nick anything round here.

Thanks Tommey C.

Back when I was married in the UK one Christmas morning the wife was palying with the kids and I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and the doorbell went. I went as wife was still in her dressing gown and it was the bluddy jehovas witnesses. I told them to go forth and multiply just as the good lord instructed, well I used a bit of good old Anglo Saxon to get my point across.

F**kin' Christmas day and they're out p1ssing people off. I have no time for them or any other religious ar5ehole who tries to convert me. For Christ's sake it's not like it is a scientifically proven fact that God exists or, if he does, that any one of the religions is his team colours. Why can't they just leave people to live their lives as they wish? Answer : because, just like Nigerian scammers, they want your money.

I guess about 15 or 16 years ago another group, the mormons, made the headlines here in Bangkok.

As is their normal operation, their young yank staff had excellent skills in Thai language and they were apparaently turning up at lower to middle income apartment buildings and apparently refusing to leave.

Bottom line, there were so many complaints that the whole mob were instructed to report forthwith to a senior policeman, who told them 'one more complaint and your all deported on the spot'.

They went very quiet.

Open the door in the nud_e and request help with extracting the devil from your balls. That usually get them walking.

I've done exactly that. I had a heart to heart talk with them a few times and then told them I was NOT interested. I even went to their church once with my ex-wife who was researching different religious groups. Maybe that put me on their list of possible converts. I politely informed them not to bother returning... ever. Unfortunately, they didn't listen. After I came to the door nud_e they haven't returned since. Having to spend 2 months in the nud_e while letting burns heal in a hospital I lost all sense of modesty.

I have seen missionaries several times in Sisaket of all places quite a few of them actually. White shirt and black pants I guess they are Jehovas or Mormons, up to them I guess as long as they don't bother me they can do whatever makes them happy.

They do no harm? Maybe not physical harm, no. But I have known people being harangued for hours in their own homes by these zealots who, once they are in the door do not want to stop their diatribe until you are converted.

i

What a load of <deleted> !

i

What a load of <deleted> !

If you know these people well you will know how they treat there own, especially those who try to break away and there own family is not allowed to have anything to do with them. There is a lot of evil things done in the name of there so called god. I have known some former JW's and the things they can tell you are shocking.

I wonder if you would have the necessary bottle

This is interesting to me linguistically. Necessary bottle? What does that mean?

it means, "have you got the guts".

most would use it in some form or way when in a confrontational situation.

ie, if you are in an argument or worse and you havent got "the bottle to put your money where your mouth is", or youve lost your nerve.

Edited by tigerfish

They are nice well dressed well behaved people,

how ever misguided (in my opinion) they might be, they are misguided in the direction of goodness and morality.

In a world full of misguided people, if I had my choice I would choose the the Jehovah ( by the way Jehovah means God) wittiness over a lot of other groups.

Just tell them that you are not interested, they will give you a pamphlet , and go away.

There's a Australian, calls himself Kevin Bloody Wilson. Download the lyrics to his song "Festival of Light" from HERE and sing it to em! That'll sort the hand wringers, god botherers and social engineers out.

Sure people are right feeling harassed when Jehova's witnesses ring their doorbell. But apart from that, Jehova's witnesses are doing normal jobs, go shopping, have neighbours and so on, and they don't bother people they get in touch with in their normal day to day life.

My father used to have a very decent colleague who was also a Jehova's witness, and who never talked about his belief whilst working. But nevertheless, when Jehova's witnesses rang our doorbell, my father always informed them: I am already doing business with Mr. XXX. A little lie, but it always did the trick.

In Thailand they have come around my house a few times. I say "Not interested, but good luck with what you are doing", they leave. No big deal.

In the US, they used to come to our house every week, I kid you not, the mom and two daughters. Every week same thing, "I am not interested" then more rudely "stop coming here, I will never be interested".... Finally I opened the door and spoke in a devil like voice telling them I worshiped the devil, and asked if they wanted to give their souls to the mighty Satan and join the true leader of earth. I never saw them again, not even on the street bothering neighbors, I guess they skipped our block after that.

Another time in the US, had another religious group kept coming around, so I asked "didn't Jesus die for our sins?" they said "yes", so I said "if I lead the good life and stop sinning, that would mean Jesus would have died for no reason, do you really want to make Jesus’ death be for nothing?" the blank stare while they tried to figure out a response was priceless.

I think the religious nuts in Thailand are allot more civil and don’t try as hard to convert you. I have never had the same person knock on my door twice here.

Edited by MyphuketLife

My neighbours in Uk where J Witnesses good decent normal people.

They used to go out canvassing took a lot of abuse but felt it was there duty, when told no they simply would smile say thanks and walk off.

They would often tell me about the people that had no other answer, other than profanity or threats of violence against them.One <deleted> even set the dogs on them and there kids.

I found the whole thing quite sad.

Politley and firmly say no thanks and thats the end of it.

In Thailand they have come around my house a few times. I say "Not interested, but good luck with what you are doing", they leave. No big deal.

In the US, they used to come to our house every week, I kid you not, the mom and two daughters. Every week same thing, "I am not interested" then more rudely "stop coming here, I will never be interested".... Finally I opened the door and spoke in a devil like voice telling them I worshiped the devil, and asked if they wanted to give their souls to the mighty Satan and join the true leader of earth. I never saw them again, not even on the street bothering neighbors, I guess they skipped our block after that.

Another time in the US, had another religious group kept coming around, so I asked "didn't Jesus die for our sins?" they said "yes", so I said "if I lead the good life and stop sinning, that would mean Jesus would have died for no reason, do you really want to make Jesus' death be for nothing?" the blank stare while they tried to figure out a response was priceless.

I think the religious nuts in Thailand are allot more civil and don't try as hard to convert you. I have never had the same person knock on my door twice here.

I was wondering about that. I did ask teh g/f but she has never encountered them before, so she could not answer my question.

Easy for us foreigners here to show we do not understand what they are saying and easier to get them to go.

I do recall instances in the UK where these people have harangued people in their own homes for hours after being let into their homes. Thought it might be the same here.

Yes, sometimes you do have to be more than firm to get them off your doorstep.

Another time in the US, had another religious group kept coming around, so I asked "didn't Jesus die for our sins?" they said "yes", so I said "if I lead the good life and stop sinning, that would mean Jesus would have died for no reason, do you really want to make Jesus' death be for nothing?" the blank stare while they tried to figure out a response was priceless.

I think the religious nuts in Thailand are allot more civil and don't try as hard to convert you. I have never had the same person knock on my door twice here.

I was wondering about that. I did ask teh g/f but she has never encountered them before, so she could not answer my question.

Easy for us foreigners here to show we do not understand what they are saying and easier to get them to go.

I do recall instances in the UK where these people have harangued people in their own homes for hours after being let into their homes. Thought it might be the same here.

Yes, sometimes you do have to be more than firm to get them off your doorstep.