Farang Love Red Shirt

britmaveric

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just after band practise last Saturday atCoco Walk, Ratchatewi, I decided to drive to Sukhumvit to find an Indian takeaway. Some barracades were opened near Siam Paragon and some cars were allowed in, including mine. The further I drove, the more red-shirts I saw, until eventually my way forward was blocked by a large truck. As soon as I got out of my car, the red shirts could not do enough to help me, shaking my hand, offering me food and drink and helping me out of a difficult situation.

As far as Webfact's comments about foreigners not knowing a lot about Thai politics, there are many foreigners living here who know more about Thai politics than many Thais themselves. Generalising is a dangerous thing Webfact.

Let's face it, you are in a band, so are probably really really cool and all the girls want to sleep with you and stuff.

So your experience is different to say, mine.

I am not in a band.

I'm a loser baby (so why don't you kill me).

And they didn't give me any food or drink at all. I was also wedged inside a large drum of oil, and I didn't see that they assisted me to climb out, and there were certainly none of the nubile lithe 70 year old Ubon grandmas willing to climb in for a bit of a happy ending.

So....as we say in english....your experience might be different to mine. Which in this case, it clearly is, as first of all, I am not really that keen on an indian curry.

Roganjosh maybe.

And I think that is the critical point here.

Being in a band + eating indian food - simple situation = red shirt friend in the morning

not being in a band + eating Italian food + difficult oily greasy slippery situation = red shirt in the morning, shepherds warning

Which is why i eat shepherd's pie.

Better than eating humble pie I guess.

-britmaveric-

Up to you, whom you hug, but for me, NO thank you.

I usualy stay in Bangkok in the lower Sukhumvit area when I in BKK and have to visit my Embassy near Sathorn Thai Road and later the Immigration building soon. The Protests are no help to me!

Thats correct the protests are no help to you what so ever,you being in Thailand and Thais protesting for the right to have elections in there own country :) ...that you are a guest of!

-NADTATIDA1-

Do you mean that ironic, sarcastic?

I am a guest here, yes, but I brought, in the last years a good sum of money to TH.

So as a guest and helping TH to keep the deficit a bit lower, I am not so bad either.

The protests are no help to me, the Reds will not care about that and I not care about them.

The real people? Who would those be? There are real people and fake people? Interesting. You know the demagogue American Sarah Palin also talks about the real people, in other words, the no brainers that like her.

good one..but Sarah palin is a bot

and your post shows exactly what little you have between your ears. to be the governer of any state in the usa requires gret matter however to be a sheep and bababa along with the others well........

you speak with forked yellow tongue Keemosabie

Surely the masked-men were on the red-shirt side this time ? I reserve opinion, on whether they were using silver-bullets, until after the autopsies, of those bodies which haven't been kidnapped & paraded round the city (sick or what ?). :)

Inside story of one of the RED protester: My nice's son came back from Bangkok to the village in Surin Province on Monday (4/12) for Thai New Year holiday. He is 21 and only graduated 6th grade. He works at a glass factory in Bangkok. The morning he got home, he wore red shirt(with "Disolved Parliament" printed on the front) and red sneakers. I asked him where he got the dress. He said someone came to the factory recruiting him and 2 of his friends to go to the protesting site on the weekend. He said the first day the recruiter give him $500 bath. When he went back the next day, they said the shirt was already cost 100 baht and won't give him any more money. The weekend later, they gave him a pair of sneakers ( wrong size). I asked him why he went to the protest. He said he and his friends thought they would see a Famous Thai Pop Rock perform on the stage. I asked if he understand what the Red Leaders shouted on stage. He said he head what the guys said but he didn't understand what they mean and he and his friends just sit there and drink some free 40degree alcohol(Thai Wishky). I asked him if he understand what Democracy is about. He smiled and said he doesn't have time to think about it. He just want to find something to do on the weekend to get away from the 200 sq.ft rental room he shares with 3 other friends.

:):D

Inside story of one of the RED protester: My nice's son came back from Bangkok to the village in Surin Province on Monday (4/12) for Thai New Year holiday. He is 21 and only graduated 6th grade. He works at a glass factory in Bangkok. The morning he got home, he wore red shirt(with "Disolved Parliament" printed on the front) and red sneakers. I asked him where he got the dress. He said someone came to the factory recruiting him and 2 of his friends to go to the protesting site on the weekend. He said the first day the recruiter give him $500 bath. When he went back the next day, they said the shirt was already cost 100 baht and won't give him any more money. The weekend later, they gave him a pair of sneakers ( wrong size). I asked him why he went to the protest. He said he and his friends thought they would see a Famous Thai Pop Rock perform on the stage. I asked if he understand what the Red Leaders shouted on stage. He said he head what the guys said but he didn't understand what they mean and he and his friends just sit there and drink some free 40degree alcohol(Thai Wishky). I asked him if he understand what Democracy is about. He smiled and said he doesn't have time to think about it. He just want to find something to do on the weekend to get away from the 200 sq.ft rental room he shares with 3 other friends.

this is why no one outside of los is taking this seriously................no falling baht for example!

althoough i did see where japan banned its people from coming here. i could hear thai babes, collectively, groan when they find this out

:D:D:D

^back on topic please (no politics)... this is all about hugging and love for the wearers of red shirts! (especially wet red shirts since its songkran) :)

Back on "Topic".eh, okay....

Whats got a hazelnut in every bite,,?.

RED Squirrrel shi*.

I'm surprised he found his way back to the village.. :):D:D