What Do You Want Pm Abhisit To Do Now?

george

What do you want PM Abhisit to do now?  

1,304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's some information that could be interesting when discussing this subject. It sheds some light on what otherwise by some would be considered speculation. It is information that I feel wouldn't be shared with a westerner easily and people wouldn't openly have told me if I hadn't been fluent in Thai.

My daughters mother (that would be my wife) has several friends that are red supporters, she told me several days ago now that her friend Ui gets 1,000 bath when he goes to a red shirt rally. It is paid cash on the spot.

I met them all during Songkran, we got very wet having fun together, and I asked him if he goes to the rallies now. He answered, No, don't go any longer, I have heard they pay 2,000 bath now (after people have died) but I don't go, dangerous. He also said that not all who go gets paid, he had a friend who wanted to go when he heard about the payment but he didn't get any money when he got there

It would seem the rank and file are waking up to what's going on around them at the rallies.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys need to stop relying on the premise that these Red Shirts are only there because they're are being paid. Realize that whether or not the Red cause is noble, that the majority of these Red Shirts have signed on the dotted line with their blood and that money is not the deciding factor. We are in the midst of a Civil War and many of you are sadly convinced that all of this is going to end as soon as Thaksins hundreds of millions runs dry. Wake up.

Edited by Chunky1

So how many are antidisestablishmentarians?

(not often can you legitimately ask this question.) :D

:D Working for Merriam-Webster are you, trying to convince them Americans in Thailand use this word on a daily basis? :)

"Merriam-Webster doesn't enter antidisestablishmentarianism in any of its dictionaries because the evidence indicates that the word is almost never used anymore. "

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

I love Mark, but really hated the Democrates.

I love the RED, but really hated Thaksin.

It would be perfect for me if I can get Mark to lead the RED, to flight for the poor and rural people (like me). However, we do not live in a perfect world, and we cannot always get what we wanted in life.

Edited by chantorn

You guys need to stop relying on the premise that these Red Shirts are only there because they're are being paid. Realize that whether or not the Red cause is noble, that the majority of these Red Shirts have signed on the dotted line with their blood and that money is not the deciding factor. We are in the midst of a Civil War and many of you are sadly convinced that all of this is going to end as soon as Thaksins hundreds of millions runs dry. Wake up.

The current campaign won't end while Thaksin still feels he has a chance to get hold of the army leadership reshuffle later this year.

However, 2000 baht day for the risk to get shot in the back for Thaksin's power play.

Is causing some to review their options.

You guys need to stop relying on the premise that these Red Shirts are only there because they're are being paid

I don't say that, what I said is that I met and talked to red shirt supporters who went to the demonstrations because they were paid. Ui was not there ONLY because he was paid though, he wants change and he thinks the "red movement" is the right choice to get that.

It does not change the fact that he wouldn't have gone there if he hadn't been paid though

Edited by MikeyIdea

You guys need to stop relying on the premise that these Red Shirts are only there because they're are being paid

I don't say that, what I said is that I met and talked to red shirt supporters who went to the demonstrations because they were paid. Ui was not there ONLY because he was paid though, he wants change and he thinks the "red movement" is the right choice to get that.

It does not change the fact that he wouldn't have gone there if he hadn't been paid though

Likewise, I was getting a foot massage before songkhran from a girl who came from Nakhon Panom. As the place was shutting down over the holiday I asked her if she was going home. She said that she would stay in Bangkok and probably go to the red rally, because they had free food. The ideals of the protestors, money in the pocket and free food. I'll have to go back after songkhran and see if she did join them or not.

And, about the stars? Yes, I painstakingly checked all 100,000+ members how many stars they have; isn't that great ? Took me 9 months, 7 days, 13 hours + 14 minutes.......... :)

If you don't like my posts (you clearly don't, showing by your attacks on my person all the time) why don't you put me on ignore?

Have a nice evening.

LaoPo

LOL, Ur still going on about stars, I remember you mentioning that when my infamous thread was running all that time ago. :D

You may have noticed I have almost reached my goal of having no stars :D

As the place was shutting down over the holiday I asked her if she was going home. She said that she would stay in Bangkok and probably go to the red rally, because they had free food. The ideals of the protestors, money in the pocket and free food. .

Sad, isnt it.

And, about the stars? Yes, I painstakingly checked all 100,000+ members how many stars they have; isn't that great ? Took me 9 months, 7 days, 13 hours + 14 minutes.......... :)

If you don't like my posts (you clearly don't, showing by your attacks on my person all the time) why don't you put me on ignore?

Have a nice evening.

LaoPo

LOL, Ur still going on about stars, I remember you mentioning that when my infamous thread was running all that time ago. :D

You may have noticed I have almost reached my goal of having no stars :D

:D You still have 100% more stars than I have :D

I forgot it was your topic but remember there was one about stars. It came up again because someone mentioned "double votes" and that's why I spoke about returning banned members and the possibility they are adding and removing stars with their multiple voting behavior.

Better remove those bloody stars. I once had 4...and some rewarded me even five..........now degraded to one :D Some members don't like me so it seems.

But it's nice to know WHO they are.... :cheesy:

Can't sleep tonight I'm afraid :D

LaoPo :D

Start fresh by clearing mobs ? What are you expecting now ? more blood ? Civil war ?

New election will not solve issue but this has to be done.

Set to the right course and try to catch along. Look for the compromising way - more or less.

Using the hardball will only backfire sooner or later. Hear those coup rumour ?

If it happens, there is high chance things will go out of controll.

And I believe it will. No one want to see that. North Thailand. South Thailand. IS this really what we want ?

Comeon. Stop blaming on either side. There is no winner here.

As the place was shutting down over the holiday I asked her if she was going home. She said that she would stay in Bangkok and probably go to the red rally, because they had free food. The ideals of the protestors, money in the pocket and free food. .

Sad, isnt it.

and you actually believe that is the real reason they are here ? free food ? :D:)

Sad, isnt it.

and you actually believe that is the real reason they are here ? free food ? :D:)

You forgot the money.

The government and the red shirts must be mightily frustrated at the low scale of international media coverage today due to people around the globe being more interested in a smoking volcano.

So who caused the volcano to erupt? The yellows, pinks or reds? Come on ... it must have been one of them.

The government and the red shirts must be mightily frustrated at the low scale of international media coverage today due to people around the globe being more interested in a smoking volcano.

So who caused the volcano to erupt? The yellows, pinks or reds? Come on ... it must have been one of them.

government wont be upset at that. reds have a credibility problem getting international media lined up the way they want. Dump their leadership and the PTP leadership and they wouldnt have that problem.....

The smoking volcano was caused by Thaksin........

Sad, isnt it.

You forgot the money.

Where are all the hungry and poor people from the south then ? Not many of them.

Where are all the hungry and poor people from the south then ? Not many of them.

One thing to hope in this is that the Dems are responsible enough not to call their southern base out. Few who have followed Thai politcis doubt they would put a million on the street and eradicate the red mob in hours. However, thankfully this hasnt been resorted to. There are some poltiicians still responsible enough not to resort to mob violence

I doubt if you have looked up one statistical source in your so-called observation.

Otherwise you wouldn't make such an embarrassingly obvious silly remark.

The subtext of course is that region = class.

Intellectually lazy.

I doubt if you have looked up one statistical source in your so-called observation.

Intellectually lazy.

Some of the poorest districts in Thailand are in the south usually fishermen areas.

One thing to hope in this is that the Dems are responsible enough not to call their southern base out. Few who have followed Thai politcis doubt they would put a million on the street and eradicate the red mob in hours. However, thankfully this hasnt been resorted to. There are some poltiicians still responsible enough not to resort to mob violence

Yes, I agree with that point. For the most part Abhisit is a responsible human being however I just dont understand why he allowed the army, who are clearly gearing up for a showdown, to move in when he knows the likely outcome are casualties. If scores of innocent people die I will never forgive him.

Intellectually lazy.

Well, its pretty obvious you have never travelled to the south or if you have, you must have stuck strictly to the tourist areas.

Yes, I agree with that point. For the most part Abhisit is a responsible human being however I just dont understand why he allowed the army, who are clearly gearing up for a showdown, to move in when he knows the likely outcome are casualties. If scores of innocent people die I will never forgive him.

All of the people there are entitled to go home or walk away when the army attempts to break up their illegal gathering.

Those that stay to fight should be smart enough to consider the likely outcomes. If not, then Darwin will simply have been proven correct again.

Sad, isnt it.

That, an up to a thousand baht cash. Led by Thaksin-hired mafia and kept hypnotized by ex-communist leaders and former pop singers. I believe you're living in a fantasy. Come down to Rajprasong sometime and see what's really going on and what's really being said.

I have said consistently in my posts that I quite like Abhisit - but he has made a fundamental error of leadership by not publishing a roadmap (with dates) for an election within the next few months so he can get a mandate for his killing sprees - if it happens again he will never be forgiven and will come to regret his horrendous error of judgement.