What Do You Want Pm Abhisit To Do Now?

george

What do you want PM Abhisit to do now?  

1,304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry Jingthing, not bothered at. Unlike you I am aware that while such a poll is fun to talk about but has not statistical significance. In words you might understand "It's meaningless"

Polls can reveal some interesting information but the without proper population selection about the only thing we can understand from this is particular poll is that a larger number of people on TV took the initiative to say they want harsher actions by the government that wanted parliment dissolution. Beyond that is useless to speculate. I know that will be particularly haard for you to do since you seem to have an aversion to facts.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dissolve parliament and have a new election. After all, like our Mr Brown, Mr A is unelected.

Just like to say that if they use force to disperse the redshirts, their supporters are obviously going to say "Why didn't you do it to the other lot when they occupied the airport?" Thats when the police and the army should have showed their mettle.

Sorry Jingthing, not bothered at. Unlike you I am aware that while such a poll is fun to talk about but has not statistical significance. In words you might understand "It's meaningless"

Polls can reveal some interesting information but the without proper population selection about the only thing we can understand from this is particular poll is that a larger number of people on TV took the initiative to say they want harsher actions by the government that wanted parliment dissolution. Beyond that is useless to speculate. I know that will be particularly haard for you to do since you seem to have an aversion to facts.

yea come on JT. You should qualify your poll with something like:

***results are based on those who have correctly chosen which box to check. Hanging chads will not be counted. Accuracy of the poll is +/- 23.66 % depending on the sobriety of those who posted.

While not scientific in nature, the poll aims to get a general consensus of the feeling of those who took the time to vote. Those not happy with the results should a) start one of their own or :) pm one of the members for a preview of the poll results, prior to voting as to avoid disappointment.

Dissolve parliament and have a new election. After all, like our Mr Brown, Mr A is unelected.

Just like to say that if they use force to disperse the redshirts, their supporters are obviously going to say "Why didn't you do it to the other lot when they occupied the airport?" Thats when the police and the army should have showed their mettle.

Actually, both were elected. They are both MPs elected by the people. They are both PMs elected by the MPs. (was in Brown's case).

Sorry Jingthing, not bothered at.

The human capacity for rationalization is a wunnerful thing to observe!

Yep! I would say your rationalization borders on the bizarre. It's what everyone should think because you don't take time to think for yourself. Pitiful!

Do you ever have anything factual to contribute? Maybe you should go dow an visit with the opposition demonstrators. Based on your posts on the topic it should be enlightening.

Hi.

Several have stated that Abhisit should address the reds' issues, i.e. poverty, education etc. Have you ever considered that he very likely would actually do that, if it weren't for the reds themselves keeping him busy with the current BS..? Those reds should throw Thaksin over board, go home and let Abhisit do the job he is elected for, that is, run the country and take care for issues such as poverty and education.

Today i have been reading the term "unity government" for the first time but guess what, i've had that idea some time ago - if i were Abhisit, a sure-fire method of satisfying the reds would be to invite the PTP to take part in governing the country, i.e. form a coalition of ALL parties that received votes in the last election. After all, all of them have been voted for by some people so they should actually have a say in the government.

Of course, one (and one only!) condition has to be attached: Immediate and total stop of communication of any kind with convicted criminal, dictator-wannabe and red shirt paymaster Thaksin Shinawatra.

Let Thaksin live in Dubai or Montenegro or Timbuktu if he so chooses, but keep his nose and his fingers out of Thailand's affairs. If he chooses to return he will go to jail to do the time he was sentenced to, stand his outstanding cases and after all is settled he'd be welcome to stand for elections again. Gosh that guy has so much money that he can buy one new Ferrari every week for the rest of his natural life, just how much more does he want??

As to the reds - let them go home in peace but throw their "leaders" in the slammer with NO bail. Speed up the cases against the yellows so nobody can cry "double standards" (at least the yellows don't seem to want to flee to exile, not so sure about the red leaders....) and be DONE with this political chaos here.

Oh yes, and for all of the future, put this into the constitution, and also force every political party (as part of the rules for their legality):

"Buyer and seller of votes will be punished by jail sentence of no less than 250 years and/or fine no less than 500 Billion Baht"

That should stomp out this nonsense and maybe get some actual democracy going. Because - it is NOT democratic when a party wins an election due to paying their voters in advance.

Best regards.....

Thanh

...wait until the protesters get violent and start vandalizing, then he will have a premise for action.

Abhisit should disolve the house, resign then go to the Thai people and beg for forgiveness from them.

B..l S..t

How silly of me!!!

I should have thought that the die hard reds on here would turn round and say the poll was meaningless!! :D :D

Its meaningless inasmuch as it has no effect on the end result.

However it goes to show that at at least 3/4 of TV users are anti-red. Which is about right in my circle of friends both Thai and Western.

So all the nonsense spouted yesterday about how wrong it was to say that the majority of farang are anti red, has just been shot down in flames.

From previous polls done on here, TV has a broad range of users, from high end millionaires (real or dreamers :) ) to pikers. So I would suggest that the poll is reasonably accurate.

But just like the reds on the street, if the poll or election is not to their taste, then it has to be changed or manipulated until the result is more to their liking. :D

1. Drop the idea of changing the constitution before an election is held. Elections have been held under the existing process and changes should be proposed by whatever new administration comes to power.

2. Propose a realistic timeframe for desolving the Parliment and have a new election. It's should be what actual time is required under the current process defined in the constitution. Drop the silly idea that the election should have any connection when some military leader is retiring. It has nothing to do with electing a civilian government that the army works for. It's not 15 days an surely not 9 months. The UK is doing it in 1 month. Thailand should be able to do it in a similar timeframe. Iraq wrote a new constitution and held an election in 6 months.

I'm heard all the excuse that Thailand is not like the UK. So what! The dissolution of Parliment and holding a new elections is defined in the constitution and should be followed. the process is a model that works and should be followed without excuses.

Problem with 1 is;

Much of the argument is that 2007 constitution is illegal, 'junta constitiution',

so this next election wouldn't be either.

Unless there is a validated charter rewrite, that ALL agree to,

Sorry I can imagine having PTP qat the charter writing controls...

with of course Free Thaksin clauses written in....

that would just bring out the ghost of PAD again.

2 Not so silly an idea to control the army leadership,

it's only silly, if you think you WON'T be able to pull this strings.

Thaksin dearly wants to control the army and a 2nd round of removing

his pawns and rooks, stifles he last vestiges of controlling everything.

The UK Magna Carta need not be rewriten to have an election 1 month early.

They were already preparing for the one in June that was inevitable.

But just like the reds on the street, if the poll or election is not to their taste, then it has to be changed or manipulated until the result is more to their liking. :)

If the poll results were going the other way, you can bet your bottom baht that the red loving rationalizers would be doing a jig over the results and insisting how meaningful they were. It isn't just one poll. Over MANY polls over MANY months, there is a consistent pattern of majority feeling that is clearly anti-red/Thaksin.

Wellll .... Parliament is a pretty big thing - if they want to dissolve it, they'll need a massive solution to stir it into before it's dissolved

Songkran's coming and if I remember correctly from my school days, a saturated solution is one with a compound that has a double bond - the metaphor in this case being that a bilateral agreement is a double bond. So maybe all the MPs and red shirt leaders should be fenced into Sanam Luang or Lumphini park and left to publicly slug it out with water guns and buckets?

:)

I did not read all of the previous eight pages - so maybe, someone suggested this before:

He needs to organize new elections as soon as possible. Before that, this country needs an election infrastructure that makes buying votes almost impossible. There's ways to do that, e.g. Thailand need stricter laws concerning this topic and conciderable rewards for people telling the government that someone tried to buy their votes.

If there will be a fair election, Abhisit has a good chance to continue his work - if Thais decide to vote for the Dubai guy, who can help them...?

Sincerely, Dirk

dissolve parliament is the best way to end this protest. :)

Short term solution - Long term nightmare:

square face returns, corrupts the judiciary, start again controlling medias and filling deeeeeeep pockets

No, thank you.

"democracy is not my goal" (Taksin Shinawatra)

Can't somebody just take him for a ride, so there can be peace in this country?

Edited by xenomorph

Well yes this is precisely what is says

a larger number of people on TV took the initiative to say

they want STRONGER actions by the government

than those that want parliament dissolution.

So far is is a significant 2 to 1 ratio, beyond issues of statistical anomaly,

or sampling inaccuracies. It is a reasonable cross section of the populace too.

Abhisit should ask his boss Suthep to become Primne Minister for two or three months. Than held elections and if he and his boss are not bluffing he will become an elected Prim Minister.

If he does not make it because people vote someone else in they should give the power to the people who can fire all judges from the kangaroo courts write a new constitution which revokes the amnesty that Sobthi gave himself after raping the countries democracy and ruining the prospects of the country to come out of the dark ages.

The gap between the poor and the rich is bigger than in China, bigger than in India. Abhsit should be ashamed of that.

dissolve parliament is the best way to end this protest. :)

I been saying this for months :D What is every one afraid off?

This:

- dissolve

- vote

- get another mob (blue, pink, magenta...) protest in the streets

- dissolve

- vote

- get...

Dissolving parliament is retarded, especially when this IS a good government.

It won't be long before the reds turn violent, then the troops will swoop in and clean up.

The reds are blatant liars, evidence planters and story makers. They do not deserve to win.

GO APHISIT !

Abhisit should go to Vietnam tommorrow and turn over the reigns to someone who can get the job done with surgical precision

they should do what ever is neccesary to end this thing

then once its over, Abhissit can say they acted without his authority, fire him, let him take all the flak and threats and let him retire gracefully to an inactive position on an enhanced golden parachute (maybe in Montenegro)

Abhisist would be free of blame, he can get on with running the country and these pesky rednecks would be back tractor driving with the new farmers subsidy that recently been announced to keep them quiet in the future

go to the polls in 9 months and see how the dice fall........

Abhisit should ask his boss Suthep to become Primne Minister for two or three months. Than held elections and if he and his boss are not bluffing he will become an elected Prim Minister.

If he does not make it because people vote someone else in they should give the power to the people who can fire all judges from the kangaroo courts write a new constitution which revokes the amnesty that Sobthi gave himself after raping the countries democracy and ruining the prospects of the country to come out of the dark ages.

The gap between the poor and the rich is bigger than in China, bigger than in India. Abhsit should be ashamed of that.

Love to see the figures backing your claim!! :):D

And whatever the true figures are, blame everything on Abhisit , who has been in power for what, a year? :D

Seriously, you red supporters are superb at entertaining us!! Keep it up!! :D :D

Abhisit should dissolve the House.

Its very simple.

His government is corrupt, there has already been many scandals.

Thaksin should come back to serve his prison sentence BUT also all those behind the coup and who actuated the coup she be tried for treason and dealt with by the laws of treason.

I think thats very fair.

Will the Yellows accept that ?

Of course they will not, whilst they push for Thaksin to be tried for many "alleged" crimes they took a couple of years to create the evidence for, they want total immunity for all their people.

How is this the LAW ?

The LAW applies to all ? or just to none Yellow shirts and supporters ?

I think that would be fair balance if there was a thorough investigation into the coup, all those behind it and all those involved in it are tried for treason and Thaksin returns to do his time in prison ?

Why does Abhisit not suggest that as a "peaceful" solution to the problem ?

Love to see the figures backing your claim!! :):D

And whatever the true figures are, blame everything on Abhisit , who has been in power for what, a year? :D

Seriously, you red supporters are superb at entertaining us!! Keep it up!! :D:D

EXACTLY! :D

Blame Abhisit for all of the last 10 years of problems in this country! *haha*

The upper red leaders are just liars, dreaming of having the good years back when they could pillage and plunder the federal and local governments in this country. It's all about the money. To achieve their goals, they are using the poor people as stupid uneducated cattle who easily absorb what they are told. Put them in meat caravans for a couple of hundred Baths and release them in Bangkok. For what? So the reds can maintain the corruption in this country. Take a look on the red leaders fine houses, Benz and gold around their necks. It's all about the money and corruption.

I feel sad about how this country have became during my past 9 years here. I was here when Thaksin started his first political campaign. I saw how he misused his power after he was elected. And I finally now witness how he is destroying this country. Luckily I'm about to move back home to my own country within 3-4 months. But I feel sad for the Thais who have to stand all this chaos. I hope you expats who will be stuck in this country due to age or personal economy, still manage to have a somewhat pleasant life even if everything's going down the drain here.

Edited by xenomorph

Its very simple.

Thaksin should come back to serve his prison sentence BUT also all those behind the coup and who actuated the coup she be tried for treason and dealt with by the laws of treason.

I think thats very fair.

Of course they will not, whilst they push for Thaksin to be tried for many "alleged" crimes they took a couple of years to create the evidence for, they want total immunity for all their people.

How is this the LAW ?

I think that would be fair balance if there was a thorough investigation into the coup, all those behind it and all those involved in it are tried for treason and Thaksin returns to do his time in prison ?

Can you please change 'Level' to 'Knob'

Thanks!

Its very simple.

I think thats very fair.

How is this the LAW ?

What corruption scandals have the Democrats been involved in?

Do you really think Thaksin would come back and serve his sentence?