What Do You Want Pm Abhisit To Do Now?

george

What do you want PM Abhisit to do now?  

1,304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

These polls and the comments by our forum members and inability of most everyone participating to accept their point of view not "winning" in this poll seems like ..... well the current political situation in Thailand.

These discussions (arguments) illustrate exactly why having an election now will not solve the problem that now exists in Thailand. i.e. probably neither side would accept the results of an election if their side loses.

Khun Anand and the cool heads are correct. This is no atmosphere for an election.

Edited by rogerdee123

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit should dissolve the House.

Its very simple.

His government is corrupt, there has already been many scandals.

Thaksin should come back to serve his prison sentence BUT also all those behind the coup and who actuated the coup she be tried for treason and dealt with by the laws of treason.

I think thats very fair.

Will the Yellows accept that ?

Of course they will not, whilst they push for Thaksin to be tried for many "alleged" crimes they took a couple of years to create the evidence for, they want total immunity for all their people.

How is this the LAW ?

The LAW applies to all ? or just to none Yellow shirts and supporters ?

I think that would be fair balance if there was a thorough investigation into the coup, all those behind it and all those involved in it are tried for treason and Thaksin returns to do his time in prison ?

Why does Abhisit not suggest that as a "peaceful" solution to the problem ?

What corruption scandals have the Democrats been involved in?

Do you really think Thaksin would come back and serve his sentence?

Have not a few MP's resigned due to corruption ?

Have not the papers had plenty of scandals in them. Milk. Fish. Buses. and all sorts of corruption.

But, this is Yellow shirt corruption so its all ignorable isn't it. Democrats are immune from all allegations ?????

Lets get back to the case and question.

Why does Abhisit not offer to Thaksin "Come back and serve your time, and in return all those behind the coup, and all those who actuated the coup will be tried for treason".

Thats FAIR APPLICATION of the LAW is it not ?

Or should Yellow be immune from the LAW ?

Now, if all those behind the coup and who actuated the coup were tried for treason and sentenced then I am sure Thaksin would return to serve his sentence. Why does Abhisit not offer this ? It would make Thaksin look very bad if he refused.

Perhaps the rule of LAW is only applied to those who the Yellow shirts and EE do not like ????????

Its very simple.

Thaksin should come back to serve his prison sentence BUT also all those behind the coup and who actuated the coup she be tried for treason and dealt with by the laws of treason.

I think thats very fair.

Of course they will not, whilst they push for Thaksin to be tried for many "alleged" crimes they took a couple of years to create the evidence for, they want total immunity for all their people.

How is this the LAW ?

I think that would be fair balance if there was a thorough investigation into the coup, all those behind it and all those involved in it are tried for treason and Thaksin returns to do his time in prison ?

Here's a little test.

Tell us the crimes for which you think Thaksin is guilty and will serve time for.

The idea that the Thaksin apologists are interested in any form of fairness is laughable.

The only reason they want dissolution now is so Thaksin can get his hands on the military levers of power.

The first act they have in mind is immunity for...wait for it...Thaksin.

You can always spot what red apologists have in mind.

They start accusing the other side of the same thing.

Regular as clockwork.

Abhisit should ask his boss Suthep to become Primne Minister for two or three months. Than held elections and if he and his boss are not bluffing he will become an elected Prim Minister.

If he does not make it because people vote someone else in they should give the power to the people who can fire all judges from the kangaroo courts write a new constitution which revokes the amnesty that Sobthi gave himself after raping the countries democracy and ruining the prospects of the country to come out of the dark ages.

The gap between the poor and the rich is bigger than in China, bigger than in India. Abhsit should be ashamed of that.

Love to see the figures backing your claim!! :):D

And whatever the true figures are, blame everything on Abhisit , who has been in power for what, a year? :D

Seriously, you red supporters are superb at entertaining us!! Keep it up!! :D:D

EXACTLY! :D

Blame Abhisit for all of the last 10 years of problems in this country! *haha*

The upper red leaders are just liars, dreaming of having the good years back when they could pillage and plunder the federal and local governments in this country. It's all about the money. To achieve their goals, they are using the poor people as stupid uneducated cattle who easily absorb what they are told. Put them in meat caravans for a couple of hundred Baths and release them in Bangkok. For what? So the reds can maintain the corruption in this country. Take a look on the red leaders fine houses, Benz and gold around their necks. It's all about the money and corruption.

I feel sad about how this country have became during my past 9 years here. I was here when Thaksin started his first political campaign. I saw how he misused his power after he was elected. And I finally now witness how he is destroying this country. Luckily I'm about to move back home to my own country within 3-4 months. But I feel sad for the Thais who have to stand all this chaos. I hope you expats who will be stuck in this country due to age or personal economy, still manage to have a somewhat pleasant life even if everything going down the drain here.

100% correct its all about getting Thaxin back to go back to their corrupt ways....

Its very simple.

I think thats very fair.

How is this the LAW ?

Have not the papers had plenty of scandals in them. Milk. Fish. Buses. and all sorts of corruption.

But, this is Yellow shirt corruption so its all ignorable isn't it. Democrats are immune from all allegations ?????

Why does Abhisit not offer to Thaksin "Come back and serve your time, and in return all those behind the coup, and all those who actuated the coup will be tried for treason".

Now, if all those behind the coup and who actuated the coup were tried for treason and sentenced then I am sure Thaksin would return to serve his sentence. Why does Abhisit not offer this ? It would make Thaksin look very bad if he refused.

Perhaps the rule of LAW is only applied to those who the Yellow shirts and EE do not like ????????

So bringing back Thaksin will solve all the problems then? It sounds as if you like corruption, since you are defending it from your part, claiming that others are as equally bad. Judging from that, you are equally bad as ALL of those who support corruption. So why should your sake be more worth than the others then? Since you're offering nothing good to the country itself. You are just demanding your right to use the corruption like all the other bad people do. Take one swine away and replace it with another one? That is just plain egoism.

Edited by xenomorph

Well there were some whining that Jingthing's reference to a POLL was wrong and biased.

Here's their chance to VOTE ONCE, and we can see what TVF people think of the situation.

So far lets just say, it appears 'Statistically significant'.

One man, One vote.

Trouble is I suspect that a lot of these 'political debators' :) , have multi accounts, multi pseudonyms, and will probably have been reincarnated 6 or 7 times before Sunday :D

The vote will still show at least 3;1 against the reds, unlike what the red supporters say/believe.

Personally I voted B.

Public surveys in Thailand show about 1 in 3 Thais support the Red cause.

There is no option but to go in and break it up using non lethal force.

I respect MikeyIdea's opinion that it might be better to wait it out. If it really isn't affecting the people who work there everyday in a serious way, then it may not be critical from that perspective. However, doing anything other than proactively ending this charade establishes the precedent that this kind of behaviour is acceptable. The PAD did it and nothing serious happened. The leaders may eventually get a slap on the wrist.

Now, the reds are doing it too, and again there is no enforcement. Next time any small group decides they don't like a specific government policy, they are going to decide that the appropriate Thai solution is to go hold a party in middle of the busiest intersection they can find. I don't know about you, but I don't think that is the optimal way to resolve conflicts.

Do the reds really think they can win? If they do somehow get back into power, the PAD will be back out in force, and this time they will not hold back. What is next? Shutting down seaports? Major highways? Train service? Electrical service? Exactly how inconvenient can we make it for everyone? Because that is going to be the goal of the next group of coloured shirt protesters.

Where does it end? It needs to be stopped RIGHT NOW! This kind of activity can not be tolerated. If the reds start yelling about double standards, simply speed up the proceedings against the PAD to make sure everyone gets convicted. But mind you, everyone must be found guilty. None of this blanket amnesty crap. Prison sentences all around.

But under no circumstances can we allow these illegal protests to continue. For the sake of the country's future, we must disband the reds using any force necessary. The government must stay in power and stop this protest. After the precedent has been set that criminal activities will not be tolerated by any group, we can take talk about peaceful resolutions to the problems.

Corrupt MPs have resigned. That's a good thing. The Democrats get rid of their corrupt MPs. The PPP tried to excuse them.

Milk? Fish? Buses? More details please.

It would be pointless to even offer that. Thaksin will not come back and serve his sentence. If he did, he'd actually have some credibility to insist that the coup makers should go to jail.

Its very simple.

I think thats very fair.

How is this the LAW ?

So bringing back Thaksin will solve all the problems then? It sounds as if you like corruption, since you are defending it from your part, claiming that others are as equally bad. Judging from that, you are equally bad as ALL of those who support corruption. So why should your sake be more worth than the others then? Since you're offering nothing good to the country itself. You are just demanding your right to use the corruption like all the other bad people do. Take one swine away and replace it with another one? That is just plain egoism.

Agree with you 80%.

Dissolving parliament is retarded, especially when this IS a good government.

It won't be long before the reds turn violent, then the troops will swoop in and clean up.

The reds are blatant liars, evidence planters and story makers. They do not deserve to win.

GO APHISIT !

Your vote has been duly recorded.

Now if you just try to be civil and stop with the name calling it would be appreciated.

Well there were some whining that Jingthing's reference to a POLL was wrong and biased.

Here's their chance to VOTE ONCE, and we can see what TVF people think of the situation.

One man, One vote.

Trouble is I suspect that a lot of these 'political debators' :) , have multi accounts, multi pseudonyms, and will probably have been reincarnated 6 or 7 times before Sunday :D

The vote will still show at least 3;1 against the reds, unlike what the red supporters say/believe.

Personally I voted B.

That's just totally false. No legitimate and credible survey of the sort you describe has been performed.

Why to people choose to hide in the web and spout false statements?

You hate to think they do it on purpose but the conclusion is clear you made a false claim.

About the nearest thing to a guess is the results of the last 2 elections and even with them it is just a guess.

Stop with the false claims.

The gap between the poor and the rich is bigger than in China, bigger than in India. Abhsit should be ashamed of that.

Really? Tell me what Abhisit has done to create the conditions of poverty in the NE during his 16 month tenure. You must also be asserting that there was no poverty prior to Abhisit if you wish to blame him. Or perhaps you'd like to blame him for the collapse of the banking industry in the US and other western nations as well.

Abhisit and his gang should respect the people.

Remember he is not elected by an democratic election. He took the power by the militarys help (and I supose some more "unsuspest elemments" help too).

Let the democratic elected seat rule the country, then there mybe will be democracy in Thailand someday.

If you want the read shirts jailed, remember the YELOW SHIRTS too. They have to go in jail first, the broke the law and the constitution. That the red shirt never had.

Edited by wanthai

One man, One vote.

Personally I voted B.

That's just totally false. No legitimate and credible survey of the sort you describe has been performed.

You hate to think they do it on purpose but the conclusion is clear you made a false claim.

About the nearest thing to a guess is the results of the last 2 elections and even with them it is just a guess.

:D :D :D :D

Come on, stop it now!!!!!! Do you do stand up work in your spare time? :D

One man, One vote.

Personally I voted B.

Remember he is not elected by an democratic election. He took the power by the militarys help (and I supose some more "unsuspest elemments" help too).

Let the democratic elected seat rule the country, then there mybe will be democracy in Thailand someday.

If you want the read shirts jailed, remember the YELOW SHIRTS too. They have to go in jail first, the broke the law and the constitution. That the red shirt never had.

Why does it say I have already voted in this poll when I have not?

You made a user error. The reason that happened is that you chose to VIEW the results before voting. That disables your voting capable for this poll FOREVER.

Start putting redshirts in jail.

If you want the read shirts jailed, remember the YELOW SHIRTS too. They have to go in jail first, the broke the law and the constitution. That the red shirt never had

The government MUST out an end to this public lawlessness...Thailand is inexorably sliding down the slippery slope to the abyss of anarchy. Already there is a sense of lawlessness throughout this country. Drive-by shootings are common here, such is the brazen lack of regard for human life. People feel free to operate motor vehicles as they wish--often driving dangerously and without respect for their fellow man. Nobody seems to believe the law is something to be obeyed...they make their own statutes to serve their selfish interests and get away with it constantly.

How to end this mess? As a former military operator and tactician, one plausible idea at this point is to take 'extreme measures' to eliminate key protagonists who are inciting regular people--who lack intellectual capacity-- to carry out acts of civil disobedience and suggesting sedition by setting fire to provincial courthouses. If 'extreme measures' means surgically taking out ringleaders with long range rifle fire, then that is one solution available. It is also very public. You must then provide a means for the main body to leave Bangkok without fear of being shot at or incarcerated. Canalize them using water cannons, acoustic devices and accompanying loudspeaker instructions along an egress route with buses and other forms of mass transport at assembly areas, preventing the flow of thugs into side streets to cause additional mayhem. Then move the group en masse to temporary cantonement areas outside of the city where they can be fed and sheltered until arrangements are made to send them up-country. This can be done with precision and compassion and not further fan the flames. Once the head of the snake is severed, the body is controllable and the mass hysteria will ebb. There are sizeable armed forces here that are equipped and trained to perform these tasks easily. The real issue is motivating and commanding them to do their duty and to do it successfully (minimal bloodshed but GET IT DONE).

Endeth the sermon.

Agree foreman, however the main ringleader presents a moving (as: in moving from country to country) and difficult target. Mounting a surgical operation in a foreign country without too much political fallout is extremely difficult, and I doubt if the necessary resources are available. And to solve this problem once and for all it's imperative to take him out.

Police and army lack the experience and probably the resources to mount a direct assault, without catastrophic consequences. So the only way would be to find a way to get at the red's supply lines.

And very clearly no matter how legit or not their demands are the can not be allowed to succeed, as otherwise this will set a precedent and anytime a minority is not happy they will be back on the streets. In fact the precedent has already been set by the yellow shirts who were allowed to hold the country hostage and blackmail the government.

In europe this kind of confrontation is played out on a yearly basis, rioters on the streets, cops fighting them. But both sides are well experienced and operating on a fixed set of rules. What makes the situation so volatile here, is that ringleaders and authorities are completely inexperienced in this kind of game.

To answer the obvious question: I'm a tourist operator and I therefore dislike the yellows just as much as I dislike the reds

Start putting redshirts in jail.

If you want the read shirts jailed, remember the YELOW SHIRTS too. They have to go in jail first, the broke the law and the constitution. That the red shirt never had

That is a lie.

Abhisit was elected by the legal parliament, which consisted of representatives from several political parties. Why are you constantly repeating a lie? Is it this that you will offer the Thai people for the future: -Lies and corruption?

Edited by xenomorph

The pro-reds on this board may expect to be in the minority on this forum- due to its relationship with the Nation which most accuse of being conservative- if not yellow. So I doubt that most pro reds are going to go out of their way to make the forum look other than what they claim it to be- a yellow bandwagon.

Totally ridiculous points!

1. Being anti-red does NOT mean being pro yellow. That is pure red propaganda.

2. This is the biggest Thailand expat forum by a HUGE factor. Everyone is here of all political stripes because this is where it is at, like it or not.

I am not questioning whether or not the forum IS more red than neutral or red than yellow- I am saying that many red supporters appear to regard the forum as weighted against the reds. And some suggest, rightly or wrongly, that the anti-red stance of many posters masks a pro-yellow agenda. (I do NOT say I agree with this perception- in fact I think very few of the anti-reds on this forum actually are pro yellow). This has been brought up several times in several threads. Whether or not there is any credibility to this perception is (in this context) totally beside the point.

And the point is that those who DO believe that they represent a minority view- would probably not waste time trying to artificially change that perception by 'cheating' at this poll so as to suggest that the forum posters are more evenly divided- in short- they don't object to being a minority- (whether they are or not- is again, beside the point).

Edited by blaze

I voted for B.

However it would be difficult to disperse the crowd now. The leaders of the Reds are smart. They encourage parents to bring their children along so that they could be used as "human shields". I doubt any civilised government would use water canons or tear gas on a crowd with so many children around. The best option now is to arrest the leaders.

OK this might be a little irrelevant here. I think Thailand is probably the only nation on earth that provides mobile toilets to protesters , simply amazing.

Edited by chesneychez

You mean threaten to cut government spendings in the provinces that don't vote for his party? (like T. did)

Sorry but it's just radio red shirt empty rethoric. The truth is that Abhisit has been selected by a Parliament resulting from last elections. It's plain democratic process. Maybe not your pick but you're not the only one to have your favorite.

Read above.

On this I do agree.

But then, will you also let them get out after a couple of days due to "excessive stress" the same way T's convicted friends from the Electoral Commission eluded punishment after corrupting the very base of democracy they were supposed to defend? :)

I had to rise to the bait after i saw some of the comments on this board and the fact the 60% have voted to disperse the protesters. What can i say, what a bunch of dual standard dead heads the 60% are.

I did not see any tanks or troops on the streets when the Yellow shirts over ran the airport,

so why should we see them now. Khun Abhisit seams like a nice fella but lets face it he was

not democratically elected was he. We have the same problem in the Uk with GB.

This fact seams to have been over looked by the 60% :)

KhunJames I presume, can change your name, but not your monotonous inane writing style

You are right you didnt see the yellows being stopped because the elite, and we are talking seriously elite, had been talked into giving the yellows their support. Which military man in his right mind would go against that in this country? Why would the elite want to support the establishment rocking red shirts they need them to maintain the status quo and to keep them poor while the elite stay rich.

Sorry Jingthing, not bothered at. Unlike you I am aware that while such a poll is fun to talk about but has not statistical significance. In words you might understand "It's meaningless"

Polls can reveal some interesting information but the without proper population selection about the only thing we can understand from this is particular poll is that a larger number of people on TV took the initiative to say they want harsher actions by the government that wanted parliment dissolution. Beyond that is useless to speculate. I know that will be particularly haard for you to do since you seem to have an aversion to facts.

How silly of me!!!

I should have thought that the die hard reds on here would turn round and say the poll was meaningless!! :D :D

Its meaningless inasmuch as it has no effect on the end result.

However it goes to show that at at least 3/4 of TV users are anti-red. Which is about right in my circle of friends both Thai and Western.

So all the nonsense spouted yesterday about how wrong it was to say that the majority of farang are anti red, has just been shot down in flames.

From previous polls done on here, TV has a broad range of users, from high end millionaires (real or dreamers :) ) to pikers. So I would suggest that the poll is reasonably accurate.

But just like the reds on the street, if the poll or election is not to their taste, then it has to be changed or manipulated until the result is more to their liking. :D

perhaps a poll on how we perceive our fellow posters- eg- do you believe that when the results of this one are in they will indicate that most foreigners

a- support the disolving the parliament

b-support decisive action

c-support waiting the whole thing out

Then if nothing else, our perceptions of our foreign pals will be either confirmed or challenged. We might not be able to use the poll to predict how Thais regard the situation- but it might be of some use in evaluating where our pool partners, business associates, drinking buddies probably line up.

I admire you, wanthai, for having the guts to show your complete ignorance of the situaiton in Thailand in such a bold and public way