Glitterman Speaks About Part 4. The Costume

glitterman

It is 'Fashion Week' here in Pattaya. This article covers the costume of the most interestingly dressed Westerner in Thailand; The Golden Man of Pattaya

Gold Coat.

This was covered in my last article; 'Glitterman Speaks About Part 3. The Gold Coat'.

Hat.

I bought my cowboy hat many years before my bicycle show, from a street vendor wearing 10 hats on his head for 100 Baht. Later i added a hat band made from the same gold coat material, and then later added my first ever yellow osterich feather. Osterich feathers were worn by many in the past, joisting knights from King Henry the 8ths time would wear them on their helmits, gentry also wore them on their hats for centurys. I have since added another yellow osterich feather and gold plastic trophy mascots of winged ladies and eagles to give the hat a 'crown' look. Rhinestones add colour.

There are 80 concealed ventilation holes that i had to melt with a soldering iron into the plastic based hat, to try and cool me down.

Boots.

I was bitten by a wild dog back in 2006, i used to do my show only at night with many more coloured flashing lights than i have now, the dogs go for this and the reflective gold shine on my bike and costume. And so i ended up having to have rabbies shots, not wanting to be bitten again i bought the thickest white denim canvas one could buy, wrapped it around my leg three times and sewed it up, Perfect anti-dog bite boots. I have added tassles made from gold coat material. The boots are a devil to get in and out of. They are held up by clipping on to the ends of my trousers. Sandals add a hard surface to walk on with tubes of coloured flashing lights.

Inner shirt.

Gold Chinnese silk, the thinner the better because of heat. i added a fringe made from gold coat material and other fringes.

Trousers.

All my everyday clothes bear the dragon motif [which termed me the 'Dragon man' many moons before the Golden dawn. This is a normal pair of red knee length 'dragon' trousers. I simply added gold coat material to the sides, and more fringes.

White gloves.

These are the same type and brand as the Thai Police wear here, i have 14 pairs. I decided on the white gloves so that when people waved to me they could see me waving back more easily. It also acts as an excellant hanky to constantly wipe the sweat from my face. I wear finger rings i made from large plastic diamond buttons and wire. More recently i have re-adapted traditional Thai costume jewelry to my needs; bought from the shop as upper arm wings, i now wear them over my white gloves.

Large white lace cuffs.

These i made from curtain lace, with elastic to keep them on. They were very popular back in circa 1750 era. Worn by gentry but attached to their shirts. In my case only to the wrists.

Traditional Thai Jewelry.

These large gold coloured pieces are made from wood and moulding resin, covered with very small coloured mirrors. Worn by both sexes on very special Thai celebrations. I purchased them, sealed and made them stronger, to be worn around my neck ect.

Gold eye mask.

Sometimes the show must still go on, but i dont. This holographic mask helps me to hide.

See my 48 photos in my 'view members albums' in my profile.

Review all my past 12 'Glitterman Speaks About' articles.

Comming soon Part 5. 'why i do it'.

The Royal Glitterman hath spoken.

I also look forward to part 5.

Notice that GM rarely responds to messages, which is just as well.

Anyway.....Will you be out during Songkran GM?

I won't.....too busy with work in Singapore.