Songkran In Chiang Mai

msg362

Even tho' Chiang Mai is the power base of 'the big boss', it looks like the Thais here are going to celebrate Songkran in the usual way, no matter what is happening in the big mango.

I've just driven round the moat ( in a car!). Lots of people already out, water being thrown, men in appalling Hawaian shirts. The authorities seem to have installed water taps so people can get really wet!

Good to see the Thai sense of fun is still alive and well here

Have a great Songkran everyone!

I hate sonkran

Loads of fools throwing buckets of water over people on motorcycles.

The foreigners are the worst they just don't understand how to behave and when to stop.

I agree that foreigners can be total idiots, but nothing compares to what happened to me today. I had to go to Airport Mall to take care of something. No problem as it's a straight shot on the highways all the way from my house to the mall. But on the way home, I'm cranking along at 110kph on my CBR 150, in the far right late, and some stupid kid runs out ONTO THE HIGHWAY to try and throw water on me!!!! He missed because I hit the brake, downshifted, and went around the other side of him, and really had to resist the urge to kick him in the process. Fortunately, for both of us, there was no other traffic nearby.

I hate sonkran

The foreigners are the worst they just don't understand how to behave and when to stop.

I agree that foreigners can be total idiots, but nothing compares to what happened to me today. I had to go to Airport Mall to take care of something. No problem as it's a straight shot on the highways all the way from my house to the mall. But on the way home, I'm cranking along at 110kph on my CBR 150, in the far right late, and some stupid kid runs out ONTO THE HIGHWAY to try and throw water on me!!!! He missed because I hit the brake, downshifted, and went around the other side of him, and really had to resist the urge to kick him in the process. Fortunately, for both of us, there was no other traffic nearby.

You think it might have been a bit safer if you weren't doing 110Kph in a 70Kph zone?

Edited by wolf5370

I hate sonkran

Bring the kids down to number 1 you may enjoy it

I hate sonkran

Yeah... a fine example of a sensible foreigner and the stupidity of Thai children. :)

msg362

re ... The authorities seem to have installed water taps so people can get really wet!

they have .... and the 4 taps at thapae gate will give you 5 litres of water for one baht...

you enjoy it ... ill stay in my room with this lot thank you for then next five crazy days ( see songkran / rainy season supplies )

dave2

If you don't like Songkran then you're in the wrong country you fookin fools! "Don't know when to stop" Well clearly you don't know when to stop moaning...

I have five goats on my farm and gonna fill my water pack up with goats piss to soak over people like you! Everyone else that enjoys a good time gets water... Those thar I'm not sure about get my wife's left breast milk from my super soaker 50ml!

HAPPY SONGKRAN EVERYONE! :)

bangkok blue .

re ... I have five goats on my farm.. uhhhh ?

i think you mean your WIFES farm .. NOT ... my farm !

as a ferang ( assuming you are one ) i dont think that you can own land in thailand as it has to be owned by a thai national

if im wrong ? ... please enlighten me how a ferang owns land oughtright as you say ... in his / your ( NOT HER ) name in thailand

just interested ... enjoy .!.... dave2 : )

If you don't like Songkran then you're in the wrong country you fookin fools! "Don't know when to stop" Well clearly you don't know when to stop moaning...

I have five goats on my farm and gonna fill my water pack up with goats piss to soak over people like you! Everyone else that enjoys a good time gets water... Those thar I'm not sure about get my wife's left breast milk from my super soaker 50ml!

HAPPY SONGKRAN EVERYONE! :)

Count again, you will find 6 goats.

msg362

re ... The authorities seem to have installed water taps so people can get really wet!

they have .... and the 4 taps at thapae gate will give you 5 litres of water for one baht...

you enjoy it ... ill stay in my room with this lot thank you for then next five crazy days ( see songkran / rainy season supplies )

dave2

Dave.. where did you buy the Hormel veggie chili?? I live in CM and never seen it here..yum yum that is the best can chili going for sure.. prefer homemade chili but in a hurry nothing beats a can of that stuff.. I want.. where please..

msg362

dave2

You're not doing much of a job of making me jealous there - stuck in a room with Archa beer, tinned spaghetti and other assorted tinned food... Hmmm, gourmet delights! :)

HAPPY SONGKRAN EVERYONE! :D

Nice one :) post a video...Songkran goats pi$$ classic.

msg362

dave2

5 days? Hope you have more beer!

HAPPY SONGKRAN EVERYONE! :D

Nice one :D post a video...Songkran goats pi$ classic.

what about the breast milk video? :)

How True.

I escape CM every year.

john

Just trying to cheer people up, sorry if I couldn't

Oh, the old "arrange the chairs on the Titanic" strategy...

The atmosphere is somewhat like the week after the "big wave" so expect people to go through the motions of celebrations.

CB

msg362

dave2

Your a little late on the water tap photos the city has been using them for at least ten years.

Dave.. where did you buy the Hormel veggie chili?? I live in CM and never seen it here..

I also have the Hormel veggie chili sitting in my cupboard and bought it a few weeks ago at Rimping near Airport Plaza. It's hit or miss though as to if it will be stocked at any moment.