Need To Extend Stay Based On Retirement

I intend to extend my stay based on retirement next week as my current permission expires on 26th April, I usually get a multi entry re-entry permit when I get my extension.

I have just been offered a post at one of the smaller embassies, the job is due to start in June, once security clearance has been obtained.

I obviously need to renew my extension, to prevent an overstay, and as I am going out of the country in mid May I need to obtain a re-entry permit.

I don't envisage any problem with my security clearance but, assuming I need a work permit to work at an embassy, can one be obtained with an extension of stay based on retirement, or do I need to obtain another type of visa, in which case do I need to leave the country?

If I do need to obtain another visa, would my re-entry permit be cancelled with my current leave to remain?

I hope this makes sense to somebody, I know what I mean, I think.

Based upon your employment at a bona fide embassy and the embassy's level of cooperation, you may qualify for extension of visa using 2.27 of Police Order 777/2551 "...Performing a duty or task for a government agency or state enterprise or other government agency or embassy or consulate" and may not in fact require a work permit at all... I would think you have to extend your current visa based upon retirement until you have all the necessary data and papers from the embassy in question.