When Khun Thaksin Comes Back It's Goodbye To Easy Visas

Livinginexile

I would still like to see a link with a source that proves what the OP asserts. Because I remain skeptical his assertion is even for real.

Jingthing do some research!

Thaksins party was called "Thai Rak Thai"!

Do you know what that means?

There was a definate anti farang ground swell rising.

Not corporate anti farang, just your "khe nok farang dodgy business" type farangs.

He was definately gearing up for a crack down on Pattaya/Nana bars etc. (remember, he was the one that limited bar opening times with a clear intention of eventually closing them down!).

His vision was to clean up Thailands image. Now how many falang feathers is that going to ruffle?

Your OP was about VISAs. As I suspected, you can't back it up.

misery; read: an end to the endless supply of cheap girls and boys to exploit by a significant percentage of the (s)expat population.. They don't want to empower the poor or give them options through education and opportunity.

This is the kind of low blow, cheap shot I was speaking of. Repeated again and again by the pro red crowd trying to discredit anti-red foreigners. That is your tainted opinion, you are welcome to it, you can also repeat it 1000 times if you think it is that powerful. However, it is NOT a fact.

Edited by Jingthing

I would still like to see a link with a source that proves what the OP asserts. Because I remain skeptical his assertion is even for real.

Not corporate anti farang, just your "khe nok farang dodgy business" type farangs.

He was definately gearing up for a crack down on Pattaya/Nana bars etc. (remember, he was the one that limited bar opening times with a clear intention of eventually closing them down!).

His vision was to clean up Thailands image. Now how many falang feathers is that going to ruffle?

Sorry if it's a little too complicated for you to put together Jingthing :)

Carry on... :D

Lets wait and see if he comes back.

Maybe Obama will take over Thailand and make it the 51st state will he kick out all of the White people?

Is Elvis still alive and if so will he be playing in BKK

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Lets wait before we sell the farm and move back to the homeland.

The sky is not falling yet.

Let's call a spade a spade. I have read these low blow attacks at anti-red foreigners by pro reds several times here recently. They want to give the impression that anti-red foreigners are mainly that way for lurid, vile, corrupt, personal greed reasons. I do wonder is this the kind of anti-foreigner hate propaganda being broadcast to the red crowds to "explain" that so many foreigners are indeed anti-red/anti-Thaksin?

They don't want to give us credit that actually we do care about Thailand and sincerely do not like Thaksin and the reds and the misery many of us feel will be visited on Thailand if they manage to prevail.

Speak for yerself mate, we don't all think like you, so you really have no right to preach on what others think of Thailand and the Redshirts or in fact Thaksin himself on our behalf. By doing so you are only allieniating Thai feelings against us. So , think about what you are saying before you let your mouth run wild ! Just remember there are many thousands of Thaksin supporters out there !

Thats all i have to say on the matter , thank you.

Sorry if it's a little too complicated for you to put together Jingthing :)

Carry on... :D

That was very weak, dear. If you can't see that you haven't even begun to back up your fantastical assertion in your OP about VISAS with specific facts, or can't admit it, don't worry, the members here can. The nightlife stuff is common knowledge. DUH! If you are suggesting that most of the foreigners here are opposed to Thaksin/reds because of that nightlife stuff, well that is seriously ridiculous as well as insulting.

BTW, next time you start a thread with a fictitious assertion, YOU might want to do some research yourself before posting it. Telling me to do your research is really cheeky of you.

Edited by Jingthing

I dont know the real reason for farangs hating Thaksing, however, I found him to be good for the country and economy.

If farangs (I m not a farang and I am so glad that I m not) cant stay here without defeating the system then they should better go home.

Think of doing so in USA and end up in Gitmo...

This government will go... sooner or later... it is on the wall... if anyone wise enough to read this...

Not because of red shirts... but because they have the seeds of their own destruction...

Look at what happened to Thailand and her economy after this government...

I planned to visit Thailand (as I love Thailand so much and I can actually READ, WRITE, speak and understand Thai very well, unlike many foreigners here) with my girlfriend... but she is so scared to goto Thailand under current situations...

Hope when Thaksin comes back and those puny clowns wont jump up and down... Thailand would be the most desired country once again... as it was in his last regime...

I dont care if farangs dont get visa... coz if u wanna live in a country then respect the laws of the country... we call it relativism..

Well said Mark!

Thaksin was about empowering his people and most Farangs feel threatened by this.

I am old enough to remember when Hong Kong and Singapore were the sex capitals of the world.

I hope I live to see the day when Thailand shakes this seady image.

Thaksin is their only hope with this.

Why wouldn't your average farangs feel threatened by him :)

To be accurate Hong Kong and Singapore were never sex capitals of the world. Shanghai with 100,000 working ladies in 1936 is the only place that comes close to the 2 million working ladies in Thailand. Thailand is unique in the history of the world.

I dont know the real reason for farangs hating Thaksing, however, I found him to be good for the country and economy.

If farangs (I m not a farang and I am so glad that I m not) cant stay here without defeating the system then they should better go home.

This government will go... sooner or later... it is on the wall... if anyone wise enough to read this...

Not because of red shirts... but because they have the seeds of their own destruction...

I planned to visit Thailand (as I love Thailand so much and I can actually READ, WRITE, speak and understand Thai very well, unlike many foreigners here) with my girlfriend... but she is so scared to goto Thailand under current situations...

Hope when Thaksin comes back and those puny clowns wont jump up and down... Thailand would be the most desired country once again... as it was in his last regime...

I dont care if farangs dont get visa... coz if u wanna live in a country then respect the laws of the country... we call it relativism..

Well said Mark!

Thaksin was about empowering his people and most Farangs feel threatened by this.

I am old enough to remember when Hong Kong and Singapore were the sex capitals of the world.

To be accurate Hong Kong and Singapore were never sex capitals of the world. Shanghai with 100,000 working ladies in 1936 is the only place that comes close to the 2 million working ladies in Thailand. Thailand is unique in the history of the world.

OMG Mark, you have no idea!!

Hong Kong was the original "Sin City". I should know! After the Vietnam war we were often on the "last plane out of Sydney" to Hong Kong. Nana/Cowboy/Patpong had NOTHING on the bar scene in Hong Kong in the early 70's. Sure it wasn't as huge as it is here but Hong Kong was the original Sin City.

C'mon you old timers, back me up here :D

Edited by Livinginexile

Hague? So I guess Abhisit will be sitting next to him for the sending out all those people in the boats without engines - tied-up/set adrift?

Yep ! and shipping all those helpless MON women and children back to communist Laos

Well said Mark!

Hong Kong was the original "Sin City". I should know! After the Vietnam war we were often on the "last plane out of Sydney" to Hong Kong. Nana/Cowboy/Patpong had NOTHING on the bar scene in Hong Kong in the early 70's.

As an old timer from the Korean war days, i can assure you that Wanchai (Hong Kong waterfront) was a thriving red light area then, and Singapore was'nt far behind................err ! what was i saying ? lololol

Well said Mark!

Hong Kong was the original "Sin City". I should know! After the Vietnam war we were often on the "last plane out of Sydney" to Hong Kong. Nana/Cowboy/Patpong had NOTHING on the bar scene in Hong Kong in the early 70's.

You bring up an interesting point. The sex scene in Thailand became giant sized after the Americans left in 1975 and not before. Pattaya was just a small town and cowboy and nana did not exist. But the fact remains that I went to Taipei and not Hong Kong in 1968 because Hong Kong was too expensive even back then. You must have been a high roller.

Hong Kong and Singapore had how many working women? Hong Kong was really big in the 1950's but not big like Thailand big. You are comparing apples to oranges. Not the same. The only thing that compares to Pattaya or Bangkok today was Shanghai in the 1930's. Yes and I know the largest brothel in the history of the world was in Vietnam before the Americans got there. Ahh the French! Please don't try and tell me there were 2 million whores in Hong Kong or Singapore. They were fun but nothing like Thailand today.

You bring up an interesting point. The sex scene in Thailand became giant sized after the Americans left in 1975 and not before. Pattaya was just a small town and cowboy and nana did not exist. But the fact remains that I went to Taipei and not Hong Kong in 1968 because Hong Kong was too expensive even back then. You must have been a high roller.

Hong Kong and Singapore had how many working women? Hong Kong was really big in the 1950's but not big like Thailand big. You are comparing apples to oranges. Not the same. The only thing that compares to Pattaya or Bangkok today was Shanghai in the 1930's. Yes and I know the largest brothel in the history of the world was in Vietnam before the Americans got there. Ahh the French! Please don't try and tell me there were 2 million whores in Hong Kong or Singapore. They were fun but nothing like Thailand today.

Mate, I can remember it as cheap in those days but remember, the aussie dollar was something like $1.20 to the US$. and the girls were Hong Kong/Singapore girls, not Chinese! Try getting a native girl in those countries now! :)

I really hope Thailand goes the same way.

Edited by Livinginexile

Let's call a spade a spade. I have read these low blow attacks at anti-red foreigners by pro reds several times here recently. They want to give the impression that anti-red foreigners are mainly that way for lurid, vile, corrupt, personal greed reasons. I do wonder is this the kind of anti-foreigner hate propaganda being broadcast to the red crowds to "explain" that so many foreigners are indeed anti-red/anti-Thaksin?

They don't want to give us credit that actually we do care about Thailand and sincerely do not like Thaksin and the reds and the misery many of us feel will be visited on Thailand if they manage to prevail.

Been saying it for years.

When Thaksin started closing bars early, clothing the ladies and driving the sex scene into entertainment zones, he lost the backing of the intellegent expat community.

Your misery is nothing to do with this countrie's problems and you have contributed nothing.

Falangs buy bars, visit bars and live for bars. No loss to the general population if a few more of you are barred from the country because you can't be bothered with work permits, tax etc.

Speaking of which. Any falang not paying tax here and not married, should go home tomorrow. don't need em. Really.

What a pathetic, sad comment. Envy is a terrible thing, mate... Turn it on its head and those with proper sized appendages and buttocks would be berated in seconds. :)

For the sake of the thread, Thaksin would do whatever would bring him the most coin and isn't really bothered about the farang community, or, indeed, those of his own.

Amen, my fellow crème de la crème farang! But, let's cane these miserable bastards before they go home.

When Thaksin started closing bars early, clothing the ladies and driving the sex scene into entertainment zones, he lost the backing of the intellegent expat community.

Your misery is nothing to do with this countrie's problems and you have contributed nothing.

Falangs buy bars, visit bars and live for bars. No loss to the general population if a few more of you are barred from the country because you can't be bothered with work permits, tax etc.

Speaking of which. Any falang not paying tax here and not married, should go home tomorrow. don't need em. Really.

Gee... I'm a farang... really, white skin and all....and I don't buy bars, work in bars, live for bars, and rarely visit bars...of any variety....

Did I do something wrong? If I need to make a bar run to keep my visa status, will someone please let me know... :)

Gee, what a novel idea... respect the laws of your country.... Now if only a certain person would do that, he'd be serving a prison sentence right now... But wait, maybe that's why he's NOT living in the country now... Just following your advice...

Most people seem to forget the reason for all this: Sonthi ( You know the man who nearly got killed in his car )

Back in 2006 Sonthi started a bad media campane towards Thaksin about corruption, because Thaksin didn't give him the business deal he was expecting. ( Yes, Sonthi was big friends with Thaksin before he refused the deal ). And then the chain reaction was begun, ousting Thaksin.

Speak for yerself mate, we don't all think like you, so you really have no right to preach on what others think of Thailand and the Redshirts or in fact Thaksin himself on our behalf. By doing so you are only allieniating Thai feelings against us. So , think about what you are saying before you let your mouth run wild ! Just remember there are many thousands of Thaksin supporters out there !

Thats all i have to say on the matter , thank you.

If you got the false impression that I was saying all foreigners are anti-red, well, you clearly got a false impression. I said nothing of the kind.

Gee, what a novel idea... respect the laws of your country.... Now if only a certain person would do that, he'd be serving a prison sentence right now... But wait, maybe that's why he's NOT living in the country now... Just following your advice...

was it a regime, really? :) wow, just wow how words slip out sometimes and which are probably true. :D

Did you seriously think I was referring to BARS when I mentioned the potential misery coming to Thailand? I reckon you were trying to be a smart aleck, but if that is what you thought, that's funny actually.

Edited by Jingthing