I Am Stuck In Bkk Due To Volcanic Ashes And My Visa On Arrival Is Expiring

Lets face it,,, you would'nt expect every tourist to make their own way down to some strange, busy office somewhere down town in the middle of a massive political demonstration going on.

Your kidding RIGHT?

The immigration office is not downtown, it's in northern Bangkok. There have been sporadic demonstrations around Bangkok including one which closed the immigration HQ for a day. Follow the news and you should have no problems visiting immigration on Chaengwattana Road. It's a good 40 minutes away from Rajapraong intersection.

OK - so three days of tourists who would otherwise have exited Swampy are going to show up in Chaeng Wattana tomorrow morning right? Do you know how many thousands that is likely to be? Think they can cope?

Anyone paying for a visa extension when they can demonstrate a cancelled booking is throwing money away!

Of course they are going to grant an exception. Some of you guys have been around here too long and got too cynical.

LOL 2k++ 'flight protesters' storming the immigration office on monday - bet staff would wish it was the red shirts coming back instead LOL!

Sure if LOS won't waive the overstays be sure your airline will - enjoy :)

I guess you have to balance 500 baht a day overstay against a 1900 baht extension.

Overstay is NOT recommended generally, but does not create a black mark on our record

for future visits.

Where are u? my wife is a barrister with good connections, i can get u an answer today

One does not need a barrister with good connections to find out where to go for an extension of stay.

--

Maestro

lol... :)