Tried To Pay My Rent By A Standing Order.

I dont pay rent but do trans amounts every month or so to other folks accounts in different banks.

That should work for you eh?

Just ask your landlord what their account # is

Then set it up in your online account at Bangkok Bank...Siam Commercial or Ayudhya...I have not used K bank but I assume they have it too?

Then you can just trans it to their account anytime from anywhere in the world.

Works fine for me & the folks I transfer to also....( local Thai banks )

Also Bangkok Bank actually has a Bill Pay section in my online bualuang banking So does my SCB easy net account

I do not use them but it looks easy to set up & basically does the same as I just said but automatically each month to companies or personal payees. Since my pay outs are sporadic I do not use that feature.

Do you have online banking with K bank?

Edited by flying

K-bank is quite good with their Cyberbank online setup, and could do xfer easy. Only hitch may be their security system for transfers, which requires a third-point authentication. The favored way is a SMS to your phone: during the transfer process they send a SMS with a few numbers that you then enter online. Quick and simple ... if you are in location where your phone can be contacted by K-Bank. There is another method which I have not used.

Kasikorn has online banking called "K Cyber Banking". There you can make scheduled funds transfers up to 12 months in advance. I do not know if you can do the same at an Kasikorn ATM when you have an ATM card. May be worth to try it.

When you have an ATM card you can nowadays apply for online banking at an Kasikorn ATM. For a description see http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/PromotionPr...ly_for_ATM.aspx.

Within online banking you go to

* Funds Transfer

* Select either

** Other Account Funds Transfer in case of an Kasikorn account or

** Inter-bank Funds Transfer plus any Transfer Method in case the receiving bank is not Kasikorn

* First you have to add the account: Click Add More Other's Account

** Fill in the fields

** As PIN2 user you have to fill in, print and send a form in additon.

** As OTP user you get a OTP (one time password) via SMS to complete the addition immediately.

* When the Other's Account is added you can make scheduled transfers to the account up to 12 month in advance.

Willi

Edited by willi2006

Just want to add my vote for the K Cyber Banking system.

I set up my landlady as a payee and then created 12 monthly payments for rent. OK, a bit clumsy when compared to Western online systems but adequate nontheless - and far better than submitting paper requests ie BBK.

I really like the sms security code system - it works OK for me here, and when I am in the UK.

Just to add..

Standing order exists, but only for accounts within the same bank, so if you're trying to pay to another bank then that won't work.

Direct Debit also exists, but is mainly used by larger companies like AIS, DTAC etc, and also is not between different banks currently, but this is expected in the next 12-18 months as part of the development of the ITMX switch.

Internet banking as outlined has the ability to do recurring funds transfer; BBL has it too; and it goes across bank to 7 banks (i.e. not all banks are members of this service).

Bill Pay on internet banking or at ATM is available for billers that have registered with the bank - these are companies who create regular bills, mail them to their customers, have barcodes etc - including the large ones like telco's also others - more than 1,000 companies are registered for bill pay service - but, its not something that an individual can just set up and use to pay a landlord (unless the landlord is perhaps Sansiri, Preuksa or one of the larger property companies).

I set up a "standing order" to pay my rent to my landlord at Bangkok Bank. I was given a form to fill out with the owners name, bank account number, amount to be deducted each month, and the date the transaction is to be done each month. There is a 10 baht charge for this each month. I also have standing orders to pay my electric, telephone, and internet service. It is not a problem to do, you just have to find someone at your bank branch who understands enough English to start the process.

Be reminded that you have to take your passport, lease, and bank book to the bank to do this.