Thai Women On Dating Sites

James53

I am amazed at the number of good looking 30/40 something Thai women who have never been married or had any children. I mean there are career orientated women in the west but in Thailand there seem to be so many. Any body else noticed it?

Methinks that James53 is being either naive or sarcastic.

True, but at some point it happened to all of us... but I like canuckamuck's answer better. :)

Lots of Thai women don't want to be associated with the bar scene, but still want to meet foreign men to take care of their family. Which, is the same reason why most of the women who DO work in the bars.

Come on- who trusts these sites and actually pays them money? Photoshop can make my butt look pretty...

Anyone with 1st hand exp. or some interesting stories of the internet blind dates???

I noted that many girls in their early 20's want guys over 40... we 20 and 30 something guys miss out once again- yer right.

Just walk down the street for a few min to gain a dozen numbers.

I noted that many girls in their early 20's want guys over 40... we 20 and 30 something guys miss out once again- yer right.

Wouldn't want to wait more than 2 decades for him to die would they?

Nah......they just don't want to wait another 20 years for the young ones to grow up :)

edit clarity

Edited by 473geo

Well dating is a career option n Thailand

LOL! Funny but kinda true. :)

Maybe another explanation is that....gasp....you can make up anything you want on an online dating site!

Surely no-one would do that? The key to a successful relationship is honesty from the very start

SC

LOL! Funny but kinda true. :D

Maybe another explanation is that....gasp....you can make up anything you want on an online dating site!

Surely no-one would do that? The key to a successful relationship is honesty from the very start

SC

:):D:D

Oh I'm sure that EVERYONE is totally honest when starting a relationship. :D

LOL! Funny but kinda true. :D

SC

:):D:D

Oh I'm sure that EVERYONE is totally honest when starting a relationship. :D

I never offer anything but the most simple and clear facts, most of which I am quite certain about, since I make them up myself. 73% of the time. Ask your brother.

SC

PS Who wants second-hand facts when you can make up brand new ones?

Edited by StreetCowboy

Surely, some of you don`t believe all that crap they say in thier profiles on those dating sites?

Many are just scammers, pros looking for a bit of overtime, Farang bait seeking some financial support and fake user profiles directing guys onto paysites.

Of course there are genuine nice girls advertising for mates on dating sites. The rule is, whatever you do, dont part with any money.

That goes without saying, B.W.Man.

The problem with all the dating sites is everyone puts their best points forward and conveniently forgets to mention all the baggage... same as meeting face to face. That goes for the men as well. And, seeing as most men are somewhat of braggards, they tend to overdo it a bit, and that gives the women on the dating sites a completely different perspective to what's really out there. The Thai women begin to believe that every western man is wealthy and willing to throw their money around.

I've known several men who have met the love of their life on a dating site. Some have been happily married for over 10 years. But, until you sample the water you never know what the results will be. I don't bother because my time is too fully occupied to add anyone else to the equation.

The problem with all the dating sites is everyone puts their best points forward and conveniently forgets to mention all the baggage... same as meeting face to face. That goes for the men as well. And, seeing as most men are somewhat of braggards, they tend to overdo it a bit, and that gives the women on the dating sites a completely different perspective to what's really out there. The Thai women begin to believe that every western man is wealthy and willing to throw their money around.

I've known several men who have met the love of their life on a dating site. Some have been happily married for over 10 years. But, until you sample the water you never know what the results will be. I don't bother because my time is too fully occupied to add anyone else to the equation.

Thanks everybody for the constructive comments. Reminds me why I so rarely visit here. It is getting as bad as Lonely Planet Thorn Tree here.

I have been going to Thailand for 30 years, married to Thai women for 12 years. I am not referring to bar girls and hookers posing as respeckable Thai women. The tattoos tend to be a give away.

I can understand lieing about job, age, qualifications but why lie about having kids. Surley that is a plus point if you are trying to extort money.

As far as I am concerned saying doesn't have kids is a negative comment.

Thanks everybody for the constructive comments. Reminds me why I so rarely visit here. It is getting as bad as Lonely Planet Thorn Tree here.

I have been going to Thailand for 30 years, married to Thai women for 12 years. I am not referring to bar girls and hookers posing as respeckable Thai women. The tattoos tend to be a give away.

I can understand lieing about job, age, qualifications but why lie about having kids. Surley that is a plus point if you are trying to extort money.

These are constructive comments only you can`t see it, so I`ll explain.

What the posters are saying in their own words is; that dating sites are OK, but just use common sense.

Certainly, they would lie about this. If they are trolling for a Thai man, most would not touch a woman with previous kids. ...and I think many women are only capable of relating to a Thai. I have "dabbled" around on one site for about 6 months and determined that 90% could not speak any English. They can chat, thanks to translation software, but they cannot speak conversation. However, I was looking at the younger age group and they seemed to be fairly honest, as to the question of kids. Many said they did have kids. My over-all opinion was that most of them had no idea of how to put a relationship together. Very inconsistent, erratic and unresponsive behavior. Good luck.

Certainly, they would lie about this. If they are trolling for a Thai man, most would not touch a woman with previous kids. ...and I think many women are only capable of relating to a Thai. I have "dabbled" around on one site for about 6 months and determined that 90% could not speak any English. They can chat, thanks to translation software, but they cannot speak conversation. However, I was looking at the younger age group and they seemed to be fairly honest, as to the question of kids. Many said they did have kids. My over-all opinion was that most of them had no idea of how to put a relationship together. Very inconsistent, erratic and unresponsive behavior. Good luck.

I met my wife on a dating site 3 years ago , in fact today is our 1st wedding aniversery . She has worked in Bangkok for the last twenty years in a respectable position , in an enamelware company , in that time she has been thrifty with her salary and saved a substantial ammount , enought to build our house in her village , at a cost of 1.5 million baht, and also enough to buy us a brand new pickup, So I for one , feel very fortunate to have met and married my lady . At the beginning of our relationship I was open and honest with her , and my quote at that time was , Yes , I am rich , but only in spirit ! Although money is important , in our case it seems to be less important than togetherness . Mickylonster

Hi Micky,

Like your style. I think rare finds are available but the point that most post shinola online is pretty valid. Also the point that most wouldn't know how to put a (western style) relationship together is spot on, But why would they? they are not western!

I follow links to some adds sometimes and all me preconceptions are confirmed by what I see. I couldn't attract a woman on these sights for love nor money because I have waaaay to black skin. I think its like what living in the USA in the 30s must have been like. Don't look them black folks in the eye!

Anyway. Like you I have met one thai women who has been smart enough to become self sufficient and also interlectually stimulating. She is my good friend and I enjoy her company. I've learned loads from her and she's learned a little from me. We actually help eachother. She is very generous of spirit and in material terms. When she met my folks and I for dinner, for example, she beat us to the bill! Nobody is perfect, but after three years I would say she is the closest thing to family that I have here.

My point is, there are some genuinely kind and giving ladies out there and when a genuinely decent bloke crosses their path, all great things are possible. Its just that both parties exist in such small numbers its barely worth talking about. I am happy for the Cognos types of this world who seem to bring something wholesome to the table and take away something like in return. But, yes, its fun to look at all the train wrecks too!

Wouldn't want to wait more than 2 decades for him to die would they?

Why would anyone leave money to someone who is waiting around for you to die.

Unless you are really stupid :)

ironic username given your last comment.

The answer is probably very complicated but I suspect self esteem issues figure prominantly.

Thailand - Where a little money can make a big impression!*

*and in many cases one suspects that is all it is.

Like Mickylongster pointed out, there are some real gems out there.

For those of you "hang on to your money at all costs guys", that is a dead give away you are around the wrong ladies all the time and have no idea where to find a good lady.

The internet and dating sites are the new places to catch a farang

Same as ever, you need to use your head, look for warning signs before jumping in with anyone.

I think that any girl that you hardly knows asks for anything, right away a red flag should go up

If she wants to pay for dinner, you might have something

Agreed!

If she wants to meet you with 11 friends and the guy who drove the song teiw and for YOU to pay... tell her to bo borrox!

I've met middleaged women for coffee and they've brought company like its some kind of sin to meet with a man. I ahve to say, I respect the culture of "chasted" women protecting their virtue. But when you are meeting a divorced mother of 2 who's sister in Law is one of your friends from work, I think the entourage is in bad taste.

Of course its not the only example of thais not being able to help themselves but its a poinient one.

Hi Micky,

Like your style. I think rare finds are available but the point that most post shinola online is pretty valid. Also the point that most wouldn't know how to put a (western style) relationship together is spot on, But why would they? they are not western!

I follow links to some adds sometimes and all me preconceptions are confirmed by what I see. I couldn't attract a woman on these sights for love nor money because I have waaaay to black skin. I think its like what living in the USA in the 30s must have been like. Don't look them black folks in the eye!

Anyway. Like you I have met one thai women who has been smart enough to become self sufficient and also interlectually stimulating. She is my good friend and I enjoy her company. I've learned loads from her and she's learned a little from me. We actually help eachother. She is very generous of spirit and in material terms. When she met my folks and I for dinner, for example, she beat us to the bill! Nobody is perfect, but after three years I would say she is the closest thing to family that I have here.

My point is, there are some genuinely kind and giving ladies out there and when a genuinely decent bloke crosses their path, all great things are possible. Its just that both parties exist in such small numbers its barely worth talking about. I am happy for the Cognos types of this world who seem to bring something wholesome to the table and take away something like in return. But, yes, its fun to look at all the train wrecks too!

Excellent post, Loz. It almost brought a tear to my eye. I agree with you entirely. I'm actually an old softy at heart. That is one thing I like about the thaivisa forums... and other forums. After a year of posting you get to know the regulars and build up a rough idea on who they are and what they are like. Most of my good friends today came about through fishing forums where we finally just met at group outings. I now have friends from all over the world and some I'm taken the time to travel to their home country. All have been more than helpful and friendly and I saw things I never would have seen otherwise. I could bore you with hundreds of the stories. I settled in Chiang Mai for the simple reason that I met a fellow angler on-line and we became good friends. It's now my home for 5 months of the year.

Now, back on topic... As you say, there is a lot of scammers on the dating sites, but there are a few genuine people as well. As long as someone takes it slow and easy there is no harm done. It's only the rash and foolish people who get into trouble and they are going to get into trouble no matter WHAT good advice they get.

I've lived by one code all my life and it hasn't failed me yet. Never miss an opportunity to do anything reasonable. Even the times when things DIDN'T turn out there were always lessons learned. And, even some of the bad experiences were worth while for no other reason than they made great stories later.

These are constructive comments only you can`t see it, so I`ll explain.

What the posters are saying in their own words is; that dating sites are OK, but just use common sense.

Oh thanks for the useful comment. Why are the expats in Thailand such experts. Yes I can use common sense. Now does anybody actually have anything useful to say regarding the question that I asked other than it is a load of <deleted>.

Of course they would lie about having children if they are looking to find a new man. Just because you want to adopt the world and do charity work doesn't mean the rest of us do. I would guess that 90% of males WOULD NOT want to get involved with a woman that already has children. It does not make us bad, we simply don't want it and we don't need to accept it. Falling in love with a woman with children already is a different thing, but when meeting people on a dating site for the first time? No way.

Bottom line, no having kids is not a plus point and most of the world knows it, except you it seems. And yes many of the women would lie about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Friend of mine use these sites pretty often. The cost is pretty low,

girls wanna come to live in his apartment quite fast. He told me

that the one difference between go-go bar and dating website

is....

.... he doesn't need to pay so often like after taking girl from bar :)

Why? Because there are only good girls on the website!

I am amazed at the number of good looking 30/40 something Thai women who have never been married or had any children. I mean there are career orientated women in the west but in Thailand there seem to be so many. Any body else noticed it?

Thai men have very little interest in looking after other mens children, Thai women are used to dealing with Thai men.

Hence when advertising for dates they say they have no children, the children are often left back in the village with grandma.

There are a lot of good looking 30/40 something Thai women.

They have often never been married officially (but will have had village husbands).

Many have never been employed in any capacity that they would want to enter on their CV.

Mainly they just lie about the having children bit, just enjoy.