Bangkok: Assailants Fired M-79 Grenades At Sala Daeng Skytrain Station

webfact

If this is a red attack. IF. Then the Reds are creating there own Karma and all that bulls**t peaceful demonstration is shown to be just that bulls**t. Words say one thing, actions do another.

IF this is an attack instigated by another 'party' then they fully deserve the term terrorist. A multiple bomb attack on a public place can be classified as nothing else.

As for the civil court injunction. I hope the PM holds it with the same contempt as the reds would if it was issued against them.

Bunch of Arse!!!

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in your life am I going to be ashamed. Violence is violence and should not be tolerated whether it is white, green, blue, pink, red or you. And, yes my allegiance is with the reds being I live in Essan

quote name='Jingthing' date='2010-04-22 23:15:11' post='3529540']

Of course it was the reds. They have threatened this. Red shirt apologists, you should be ashamed.

Civil Court grants injunction which prevents PM from using force to disperse red shirt rally

Not inconsequentially it also,

ties the hands of the government from giving this order to clear the Reds.

So they can't actually be BLAMED for the order.

The army is hated by Reds and under attack by them anyway,

so that changes nothing if they put the hammer down,

but the government doesn't because the court said no...

Wasn't this a PTP court request?

Seems they may have miscalculated still again

with the real consequences of their actions.

Edited by animatic

At least 1 died, 75 injured from Silom blasts

BANGKOK (NNT) -- At least one fatality and 75 injuries have been reported from a series of five explosions at Sala Daeng station of BTS sky train, Dusit Thani Hotel, and Bangkok Bank Headquarters in the business district of Silom in the heart of Bangkok on Thursday night.

The first three explosions took place on Sala Daeng station of BTS sky train near the skywalk, where troops, BTS staff, and media members were stationed there in their operation. About three people have been injured from the blasts, two of them are reported to be foreigners.

The next bomb then exploded at 20.50 hrs near Dusit Thani Hotel, located at the beginning of Silom Road. At least four people have been injured by the incident. Another explosion broke out at 21.00 hrs at Bangkok Bank Headquarters on Silom Road, injuring more than 20 people.

BTS sky train has stopped operating while all shops along Silom Road have been closed down. Troops have closed down the road prohibiting entry to and exit from the area. Patients have been rushed to Bangkok Christian Hospital, Chulalongkorn Hospital, Lerdsin Hospital, and Saint Louis Hospital.

According to initial investigation, the explosions were assumed to be M79 grenades launched in forms of projectile. Official investigation is underway.

Some of the injured are reported to be those attending the rally of multi-color-clad demonstrators gathering at Silom Road to protest against the movement of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD).

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-04-22

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Not in your life am I going to be ashamed. Violence is violence and should not be tolerated whether it is white, green, blue, pink, red or you. And, yes my allegiance is with the reds being I live in Essan

You're wrong. Violence isn't violence. There is self defense violence. There is war violence. And then there is TERRORISM violence when you throw grenades and kill civilians at a skytrain station.

Of course it was the reds. They have threatened this. Red shirt apologists, you should be ashamed.

So, if you are so sure it was the Red Shirt....where is your proof?

I have been in the Rajdamri area, trying to get to work this week, and if you look at the type of people gathered there you would have to assume the worst of them. There are beggars, fake monks, men and women covered in tatoos and sporting scars from knife fights together with your run of the mill layabouts. Sure, there are disadvantaged people, but to me the majority appear to be vagabonds for hire.

All we know is that the government has denied independent investigations into the April 10 clashes. And they will probably deny independent investigations into today's attacks as well. So make up your own conclusions, folks.

My conclusion is you are a red true believer and wouldn't care if the reds bombed 50 stations and there was hard core proof it it.

The only time people have died is when the PM has used force. So maybe that's why?

I think you meant to say that the only time people have died is after the reds attacked Thaicom and 1st Regiment.

The injunction (if it is valid under the SoE) can be overruled simply my declaring Martial Law.

Let's please remember that we don't know who launched these bomb attacks. According to Channel 7, one pink shirt was seen beating up a red shirt at the SkyTrain station, who he thought was responsible for the attacks. The man is now in the hospital in serious condition.

How can you be so dumb we all know who is doing it , It is a waste of data responding to you.

Clearly both sides can and will use agent provocateurs, and will blame each other. We will probably never know.

You may be right, but they have 4 suspects in custody now. Reports are that the attacks were launched from Lumpini Park.

So, if you are so sure it was the Red Shirt....where is your proof?

ok well where is your proof that it wasnt, cmon your peaceful protestors are starting to behave like they did last year... kinda a declaration of war on the people of bangkok... its about time to sweep clean the streets of bkk, personaly i hope they roll tanks over the whole lot of em.

Just to make myself clear, I did NOT say it wasn't the Red Shirts.....I was making the point....at this stage we just don't know as yet who did it, as for your comments about tanks rolling over the lot of them that's pathetic, this is not China after all.

One person being killed, is one person too many, as far as I am concerned no matter what side they are on.

All we know is that the government has denied independent investigations into the April 10 clashes. And they will probably deny independent investigations into today's attacks as well. So make up your own conclusions, folks.

My conclusion is you are a red true believer and wouldn't care if the reds bombed 50 stations and there was hard core proof it it.

I've been quite neutral on this issue, don't you think? My first post said that we don't know who it was, don't jump to conclusions, yet you've been claiming red shirt terrorism all over the forum. But you have no proof. That's not Democracy. In a Democracy, you need proof before you can blame it on someone.

You have not shown any proof, so stop blaming it on the red shirts.

Stop your false statements.

Let's please remember that we don't know who launched these bomb attacks. According to Channel 7, one pink shirt was seen beating up a red shirt at the SkyTrain station, who he thought was responsible for the attacks. The man is now in the hospital in serious condition.

That's a good start.

Why are you pro-violence?

I would have thought you might already have the answer being a fan of cheguevara

! :)

can you please shut these threads to comments (and sorry to have to post one myself to ask)? lots of people come here for information and not speculation/opinion/argument from random people.

Oh for crying out loud, just CALL for ELECTIONS already so we can have some PEACE! Suck up your pride and just DO IT! Good grief, Mr. Abhisit! Even if it means "The Terrorists Win" or whatever.

That record's stuck again. :):D

I guess under the State of Emergency, the security officers ( ploice and army ) should take appropriate measures and should keep the CIVIL ORDER in place !

in those 75 injuried, how many are not-red, not-multi-colour ? they are complete victims !

Oh for crying out loud, just CALL for ELECTIONS already so we can have some PEACE! Suck up your pride and just DO IT! Good grief, Mr. Abhisit! Even if it means "The Terrorists Win" or whatever.

Fallacious argument --- there is absolutely no reason to think that it would further the cause of peace to give in to the violent red shirt faction.

You're wrong. Violence isn't violence. There is self defense violence. There is war violence. And then there is TERRORISM violence when you throw grenades and kill civilians at a skytrain station.

Well said jingthing. This is terrorism. How many people at the skytrain station were simply normal folk on their way home or just simply going about their business who had nothing to do with the rally or politics of the situation. jgm005 will continue to support the reds and continue to support terrorists.

What the heck would anyone want to fire 40mm grenade in to crowded area unless you want to kill lots of people, what ever the shirt color hunt the bastard down and put it on public trial along with all cohorts.

Edited by 1forjohnny

From Tulsahit:

"Saddest thing may be the cheers of joy at red rally site over news of Silom attacks."

Say's a lot about the reds, doesn't it. Will they again claim victory? Pathetic and shameful if true.

Civil Court grants injunction which prevents PM from using force to disperse red shirt rally

If Martial Law needs to be declared to circumvent this insane court order then let it happen and let it happen now.

X2

Yes, the madness must end !

What hel_l would anyone want to fire 40mm grenade in to crowded area unless you want to kill lots of people, what ever the shirt color hunt the bastard down and put it on public trial along with all cohorts.

That's a statement I support.

you have to get the right guy fist! - unlikely to happen