Thai Tourism Severly Hit By Grenade Attacks At Bangkok's Silom Rd

webfact

And in any case, if you were rich would you come to Thailand? A friend of mine stayed in a so called 5 star hotel, when the cable tv failed they still sent up the ubiquitous idiot with a screwdriver, and all else was as you'd expect, dodgy light switches, mega cold air con, and noise, noise, noise.

Care to name the Property? Prior to living here I came at least a dozen or so times and always stayed at the Mandarin Oriental and not only never found fault with them but found it to be among the nicest properties I've stayed at worldwide.. perhaps your friend is pulling your leg or had trouble counting the number of stars.

Can well believe it. I stayed at one - a conference hotel complex in Pattaya ....on a cliff in the allegedly "Royal" part. No hot water plus telephone didn't work in room.

Agree - Sheratons, Meridiens, Peninsuala, MO are usually faultless in Thailand, not so some of the non big international brands, nor do they have the will to rectify problems once they have your cash.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in any case, if you were rich would you come to Thailand? A friend of mine stayed in a so called 5 star hotel, when the cable tv failed they still sent up the ubiquitous idiot with a screwdriver, and all else was as you'd expect, dodgy light switches, mega cold air con, and noise, noise, noise.

Care to name the Property? Prior to living here I came at least a dozen or so times and always stayed at the Mandarin Oriental and not only never found fault with them but found it to be among the nicest properties I've stayed at worldwide.. perhaps your friend is pulling your leg or had trouble counting the number of stars.

Can well believe it. I stayed at one - a conference hotel complex in Pattaya ....on a cliff in the allegedly "Royal" part. No hot water plus telephone didn't work in room.

Agree - Sheratons, Meridiens, Peninsuala, MO are usually faultless in Thailand, not so some of the non big international brands, nor do they have the will to rectify problems once they have your cash.

Did they send the lad up with the screwdriver? :)

Wouldn't surprise me if the hotel will be in the sea before long!

Thai tourism industry - airport closure ( by yellow ) - Bangkok rally ( by red ) - violence ( by unidentified ) = who deal to come ?

almost a formula of 'economic suicide' :-(

first hit, hotel industries; second hit, service industries . . . perhaps, last hit, farmers at north east !

Not to worry, it will be fixed the Thai way. Double all prices!!

Whatever they're telling us how unimportant the tourism for this country is. Burma is about 40 years behind Thailand, so how important is the tourism here really?

I totally agree that they'll fix it the Thai way, triple the prices.

What do you mean tourist not coming. All my chum's are, they will be arriving BKK in the next week or two. Just one small problem they'll be in transit on there way to Bali.

It is plan for Mr. T to destroy Thailand bit at a time. First truism, they export industry. Don't be full to think they are safe, unless this madness is stooped little by little other industry will be effected. I saw the stock market going down and every one that that was safe. The ones that will be mostly effected are the poor, the Issan and for sure the Red shirt folks.

You got it spot on, that is what it´s all about. He want to bring Thailand to it knees. One dangerous bast**d. I wish him all bad carma one person can get. :)

Woodoo works,U know the trick with the puppett and the needle,now hes sick and dying,

somtam na na (plaza)

learned that in kenia whilst in the Piece Korps

Edited by kraxlhuber

What do you mean tourist not coming. All my chum's are, they will be arriving BKK in the next week or two. Just one small problem they'll be in transit on there way to Bali.

It is plan for Mr. T to destroy Thailand bit at a time. First truism, they export industry. Don't be full to think they are safe, unless this madness is stooped little by little other industry will be effected. I saw the stock market going down and every one that that was safe. The ones that will be mostly effected are the poor, the Issan and for sure the Red shirt folks.

You got it spot on, that is what it´s all about. He want to bring Thailand to it knees. One dangerous bast**d. I wish him all bad carma one person can get. :)

Woodoo works,U know the trick with the puppett and the needle,now hes sick and dying,

somtam na na (plaza)

learned that in kenia whilst in the Piece Korps

Thailand somehow has always dodged the bullet as far as tourism is concerned. No matter what happened, they always turned up in large numbers.

This time however, unless this mayhem stops shortly, I'd be surprised if 1 Million turn up. Even the most fervent Thailand tourists will think twice of coming here with anarchy spreading country wide and all foreign offices having declared Thailand a dangerous place, not to be visited.

The best part of it is, that the mob causing the havoc are hurting themselves.

No tourists no pockets to pick

No tourists no scams to execute

No tourists no .........

They are hurting the other few million Isaanies who work in the tourist industry as well of course. This fact has not really sunk in as yet which is not surprising considering the short term thinking that is standard here. Wonder who they are going to blame when there is no money arriving in Kong Khen and elsewhere during the season and their relatives are back home instead of earning money in Phuket, Koh Samui, Bangkok .....

probably the government ......