Excellent (cheapie) Buffet

Spaniel

Have you ever noticed the the high class fat people at those places that eat like pigs, let out a belch and a fart so they have room for another helping.

You, sir, are exhibiting a prime symptom of being a FATTIST!

If you avoid all-you-can-eat restaurants, you might be a fattist.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/ap...ming-a-fattist/

Have you ever noticed the the high class fat people at those places that eat like pigs, let out a belch and a fart so they have room for another helping.

The PC policeman strikes again. Whatever you do, please don't become a moderator.

The PC policeman strikes again. Whatever you do, please don't become a moderator.

No worries. You didn't get that I was joking, eh?

If you mean at the Bella Express then yes. I've only eaten there on a couple of occassions both after 11:30 am so I guess that was brunch. The breakfast fare still available with at least 6 Thai dishes, salads, usually at least one pasta dish, soups, fruits and deserts. As expected juices and coffee are also available.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I tried the Bella for dinner, so here is my review.

I can't compare directly to Lek and Apex because I have only tried Lek for breakfast (food's crap but it's a funny scene) and once I had a look at the Apex dinner and it looked bad to me so I didn't eat there.

At the Bella I just bought my ticket without looking based on the recommendation here. If I had looked at it, I would have done it anyway, as the food looked good enough for 150 baht.

The main stations --

Soup station -- cream soup and clear soup

Salad bar (bountiful enough, as expected, no meat items)

Thai food (rice, fried rice, noodles, about three dishes, veg and chili dips)

Western food (french fries, home potatoes, pork, ribs in sauce, spaghetti, veg, mussels, fried fish)

BBQ station, satay meat sticks, shrimp

Dessert -- many fresh fruit options, assorted unappealing pastries, etc.

Coffee, tea, water included

Breads also, decent, also dinner rolls

I got there about 7 PM. Some of the food already tired. Best to arrive at 6 for fresher food.

Salad -- pretty good

Thai food -- OK, the chili dips were very good, the squid steamed with soy sauce wasn't cleaned properly, many pieces had cartilage, and steamed to death. The beef in black pepper sauce was serviceable.

Soup -- the clear veg soup was clean tasting, no flavor really but not offensive

Western food, I liked the home style potatoes (chunks, not greasy), the pork was OK, the fried fish tasted very fishy so I am guessing not fresh fish, the ribs were not so good, the mussels looked disgusting, as did the spaghetti w/ chicken sauce

BBQ station, outside, flies enjoying the cooked meat sticks, typical enough, but I couldn't eat that after seeing all the flies.

Dessert -- I had watermelon, they also had rambutan, pineapple, etc. The pastries looked awful, not worth the calories to me.

Summary ---

It's worth 150 baht. Good value. I think it's better than Apex and Lek.

Decor -- sterile, institutional, but not unpleasant

Service, staff cleared spent plates with grace

Most everyone can find some things they may like to eat there but the quality between dishes is inconsistent. I would not make a special trip to eat there, but if you're in the mood for a cheap hotel buffet experience and you're in the area, it's a good choice as long as your expectations are in keeping with the price, 150 baht. Another plus, the food is not so fabulous that you will be tempted to massively overeat. While it may sound like I did, I mostly tried small nibbles of the various items, and there were enough healthy type items that I actually did not waddle out the place, a typical curse of buffets.

Edited by Jingthing

bella is good value.

tried dinner for 150.

no beef entries, i think. pork, chicken, and fish mainly.

tried roll. not bad.

desserts ok. custard was fairly tasty.

nice selection.

i always eat to much at buffet.

will try breakfast.

good alternative to central shopping within walking distance.

air conditioned.

third road nearly up to pattaya tai on the right called what sounds like kwolouan not the usual cook at table. they cook decent pork or chicken steaks for you as you order. spaghetti bolognese /garlic bread/ soups/ bredcrumbed chicken / salad/ and the ladies can cook at the table in a pot if they want-----------lots more i cant remember. open every day 5pm to 11pm at 129 plus drinks

OK, I tried the Bella for dinner, so here is my review.

I can't compare directly to Lek and Apex because I have only tried Lek for breakfast (food's crap but it's a funny scene) and once I had a look at the Apex dinner and it looked bad to me so I didn't eat there.

At the Bella I just bought my ticket without looking based on the recommendation here. If I had looked at it, I would have done it anyway, as the food looked good enough for 150 baht.

The main stations --

Soup station -- cream soup and clear soup

Salad bar (bountiful enough, as expected, no meat items)

Thai food (rice, fried rice, noodles, about three dishes, veg and chili dips)

Western food (french fries, home potatoes, pork, ribs in sauce, spaghetti, veg, mussels, fried fish)

BBQ station, satay meat sticks, shrimp

Dessert -- many fresh fruit options, assorted unappealing pastries, etc.

Coffee, tea, water included

Breads also, decent, also dinner rolls

I got there about 7 PM. Some of the food already tired. Best to arrive at 6 for fresher food.

Salad -- pretty good

Thai food -- OK, the chili dips were very good, the squid steamed with soy sauce wasn't cleaned properly, many pieces had cartilage, and steamed to death. The beef in black pepper sauce was serviceable.

Soup -- the clear veg soup was clean tasting, no flavor really but not offensive

Western food, I liked the home style potatoes (chunks, not greasy), the pork was OK, the fried fish tasted very fishy so I am guessing not fresh fish, the ribs were not so good, the mussels looked disgusting, as did the spaghetti w/ chicken sauce

BBQ station, outside, flies enjoying the cooked meat sticks, typical enough, but I couldn't eat that after seeing all the flies.

Dessert -- I had watermelon, they also had rambutan, pineapple, etc. The pastries looked awful, not worth the calories to me.

Summary ---

Decor -- sterile, institutional, but not unpleasant

Service, staff cleared spent plates with grace

Most everyone can find some things they may like to eat there but the quality between dishes is inconsistent. I would not make a special trip to eat there, but if you're in the mood for a cheap hotel buffet experience and you're in the area, it's a good choice as long as your expectations are in keeping with the price, 150 baht. Another plus, the food is not so fabulous that you will be tempted to massively overeat. While it may sound like I did, I mostly tried small nibbles of the various items, and there were enough healthy type items that I actually did not waddle out the place, a typical curse of buffets.

Good review. You forgot to mention that the dining area is air conditioned, unlike the Lek & Apex. Also I guess you missed the homemade Thai style coconut ice cream and orange sherbert located in the large metal drums next to the coffee/tea station.

Summary ---

Where precisely IS Bella Express?????

Summary ---

Where precisely IS Bella Express?????

Used to be the Little Duck Resort, behind Kasikorn Bank on Pattaya Klang, about 150m from the second road junction.

FYI: The Poseidon hotel at the Jomtien Complex is now serving a daily breakfast buffet for 145 baht. Great good, great value!!

Well to each their own. It's OK food, not more. The bacon was inedible - way too salty.

Free refill of coffee appreciated though.

Unfortunately there are simply no good buffets in Jomtien though reasonable breakfasts can be found with effort. 

The last time I had a great buffet for under 300 baht was in Chiang Mai in high season

4 years ago. Doubt you could get that now.

Edited by BugJackBaron

I've always found the Diane Inn, Second Rd opposite Mikes Shopping Mall reasonable value for money and a good selection of food.

You can get buffet breakfast in the morning for 110 baht which I think is good value and in the evening Diana Inn offers a Thai and European food all you can eat buffet for 185 Baht,

Price includes tea/coffee/water and orange juice.

I've not been since November so I can't be 100% on the prices.

One for Jingthing to give an updated review on..

Edited by MB1

I've always found the Diane Inn, Second Rd opposite Mikes Shopping Mall reasonable value for money and a good selection of food.

You can get buffet breakfast in the morning for 110 baht which I think is good value and in the evening Diana Inn offers a Thai and European food all you can eat buffet for 185 Baht,

Price includes tea/coffee/water and orange juice.

I've not been since November so I can't be 100% on the prices.

Thanks. Based on your review, I'll try Diana Inn next week. About a year ago, I stayed around the corner from Diana Inn and the buffet workers were always nice and smiled at me. I never tried their food, but the staff was very pleasant.

• 2 months later...

I want to update my report of the 150 baht buffet at the Bella.

On a second visit, I found it less nice. I didn't find anything appealing enough for me to eat in the western section. The potato dish which I had enjoyed the first visit wasn't the same, and I didn't like the new version. The Thai section was less appealing than before. Didn't have the beef with pepper sauce which I found nice the first time. Didn't have the noodle dish as before that I had liked. The squid like dish was even worse, cartilage everywhere, made the dish basically inedible. I won't be back, ever, and I want to CANCEL my lukewarm positive OK of the place from my first visit.

Edited by Jingthing

why does a thread like this degrade so badly, is it a host of business owners that trash people for shopping around, if so maybe time to look at your business and not be so greedy, charge resonable prices and you might survive, we are not fooled by the price of pork chicken and local beef and veg here in thailand, they are extrmemly cheap, a chicken meal should never be 300baht, work out your cost price and double it, that would make a chicken pie about 30baht not 100 lol

I'm really not one for a dinner buffet, but the best one I've eaten at and kind of different is Zykos out in front of the Festival center Beach on the Beach side. Not cheap by any means, but all imported meats brought to your table on a skewer, salad Bar, and many different items all fresh. Price ranges from 500 baht up to 1000 baht depends on the day of week and time.

Tried it once, and rated excellent.

Barry

I heard there is a good buffet with quality items in soi 13.Forgot the name though.Maybe somebody can confirm.

lek hotel possibly----------------was ok but went downhill and still was when i was there a few months ago

kept same price had less customers so cut down on quantity and quality of food as often happens