British Woman Arrested In Thailand Over Passport Forgery

Rimmer

Picture please. Why would a British woman carry a forged passport and not get a real one? Has she confessed yet? Oh, I guess some of that is answered in the linked article. I wonder why she did it?

..why stamp the right hand page before the left one..

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This woman committed a criminal offense.

I do not understand why posters are making jokes about the Thai immigration department for apprehending her and charging her for it. This has nothing to do with red shirts, yellow shirts or whatever shirts are worn, or indeed, any corruption allegations against Thai officials.

There is simply a criminal British National who has broken the law and should be punished according to the law. I hope to the full.

There seems to be some element around here who haven't quite caught on to the idea that there are laws in Thailand and if you break them it is a criminal offense and not some sort of joke. Try forging a UK immigrant visa and see how you are dealt with in the UK. Although thinking about it there would probably some plea for political asylum and under the current Labour government they would doubtless bend over backwards to provide a large house and support for all the brats; and make the tax payers bend over forwards to take it up the arse paying for the benefits.

..no-one is making a joke..we're all trying to nut it out..

Picture please. Why would a British woman carry a forged passport and not get a real one? Has she confessed yet? Oh, I guess some of that is answered in the linked article. I wonder why she did it?

Immigration stamp where they like to, I even have stamps on the back page although my passport is not even full.

There is no way on earth this woman could possibly have been using such a passport and not known she was in commission of a serious crime. I suppose they'll find out the key question of why she was traveling under false pretenses as she assists the local constabulary with their inquiries.

But how about this crime against the English language? Jeezus, who writes this stuff?

Along with the incorrect size of the stamp, police were able to arrest and detain Miss Neville-Gliddon for further questioning.

Has it actually been said that the passport that's shown in the photo is actually hers?

I've been in the LOS for nearly two years now and love it here. My partner has a legit job and work visa but I have to stay on a tourist visa.

I was tempted to use one of the online services for a year visa. They said they would post it to the UK for me.

After weighing it all up, I decided that there was no way the immigration stamp could be totally safe if I didn't leave the country and come back in with my passport, I didn't see how it could have a proper stamp? Now I know! I decided that I should stick to the border runs and make sure it was all above board.

Boy, am I glad I made that decision now!

I absolutely agree that whatever country you are in, you should respect and follow their immigration laws. But really, this whole thing with having to border hop to Cambodia or overnight in Laos for a new visa every three months is a little wearing!

I don't really understand why they can't work something out so that I could just got to the immigration office in Bagkok.... I know, I know, I need a year visa but they won't give me one........

Still love living here though!! :)

But how about this crime against the English language? Jeezus, who writes this stuff?
Along with the incorrect size of the stamp, police were able to arrest and detain Miss Neville-Gliddon for further questioning.

Well they couldn't just arrest her without arresting the stamp could they!!?? :)

There is an awful lot of bad grammar/ spelling in the English language news though, isn't there?!

Maybe they just use translation software without checking it?.....

If this young lady did use an agent service to put stamps in her passport without leaving the country. Is it illegal to offer this service???

Sure this young lady broke the law, but is she a criminal?? Probably not more than likely if she saw a service was advertised in plain english in big letters and had heard of other friends people using the servce, she probably thought 'why not?" Saves me the hassle.

With hindsight it was a mistake, but we have all made stupid mistakes, especially when we were so young. Hopefully she will get a serious bollocking, a fine and sent on her way. For her it will be a lesson learnt, immigration get a bit of dosh, and the agent carries on advertising his service.

So the cycle continues.

I do not understand why posters are making jokes about the Thai immigration department for apprehending her and charging her for it. This has nothing to do with red shirts, yellow shirts or whatever shirts are worn, or indeed, any corruption allegations against Thai officials.

The Joke is that it took a police Major General and a Superintendent of Crime Suppression to make this Arrest.....

"Hey, Khun Wit - Photo op time.... Those damm Reds are taking away all our good publicity... How can we get OUR names in the paper if all they print is about politics???? Pick you up in 5 minutes.. we have a live hot one.. guaranteed to make page 1."

At approximately 11:00am on Tuesday, police Major General Witsanu Prasartthong O-Sot (Deputy Commission of the Immigration Police) along with the Superintendent of the Crime Suppression Division, successfully apprehend British national Miss. Katherine Anne Neville-Gliddon [21]. who was suspected of travelling into the Kingdom on a fraudulent passport.

CS

Edited by CosmicSurfer

There is simply a criminal British National who has broken the law and should be punished according to the law. I hope to the full.

There seems to be some element around here who haven't quite caught on to the idea that there are laws in Thailand and if you break them it is a criminal offense and not some sort of joke. Try forging a UK immigrant visa and see how you are dealt with in the UK. Although thinking about it there would probably some plea for political asylum and under the current Labour government they would doubtless bend over backwards to provide a large house and support for all the brats; and make the tax payers bend over forwards to take it up the arse paying for the benefits.

Does this not sound like a angry person???

at the top end of reasons maybe she had been made persona non grata before,and wanted to return to see her thai boyfriend.And at 21 she started on the road to perdition at an early age,then again maybe i've drunk too much.

:)

Yep. What a big deal! They arrested her at the airport leaving the Kingdom. So, let her leave, who gives? Nonsence, one big nonsence. Letter-shmetter-kindergarten

Does this not sound like really.. the thing to really do.. ???Stop wasting time and wasting more money from the coffers that cry about we need more money...

If this young lady did use an agent service to put stamps in her passport without leaving the country. Is it illegal to offer this service???

Sure this young lady broke the law, but is she a criminal?? Probably not more than likely if she saw a service was advertised in plain english in big letters and had heard of other friends people using the servce, she probably thought 'why not?" Saves me the hassle.

With hindsight it was a mistake, but we have all made stupid mistakes, especially when we were so young. Hopefully she will get a serious bollocking, a fine and sent on her way. For her it will be a lesson learnt, immigration get a bit of dosh, and the agent carries on advertising his service.

So the cycle continues.

You missed out the bit about ......

the Travel Agents paying Immigration

&

Immigration doing nothing to stop their Illegal service

Wait.. a thought.. maybe she is really HOT and then the reason could be simple.. 21 and maybe blond and hot... No forget it.. The Thai have no interest in that sorted idea.. only a Brit or a Aussie or even a American would think like that.. Lets see.. 21 and traveling how long.. since she was 3?? No.. no proof of that.. wow!! This story is really getting exciting.. maybe she is a British spy.. as was recuited my MI5.. to come cause a big problem for herself in the Land of smiles.. smart move..

I am sure we are all sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for this one to play out..It it say what she was wearing..Gucci ??

zaZa9 donot take it personal there are a number of posters to this forum who think it is ok for any farang to commit crimes in Thailand and should not face consequences for these crimes. I donot understand this reasoning, must be vestiages of the colonial period left in their thinking and reasoning process.

Unfortunately, you are exactly right with your comment about farang attitudes and behavior while living or visiting Thailand. Further unfortunate is the apparent fact that these people are the majority which means the minority are included in the stereotyping by both educated and uneducated locals.

It is common knowledge that corrupt practices has been a problem in Thailand for decades and a majority of farang come here to take advantage of this. While eliminating farang involvement in corrupt practices would not, in the short term, move Thailand from being a developing third world country to a developed country, it would help improve the image of farang visiting or living in Thailand.

zaZa9 donot take it personal there are a number of posters to this forum who think it is ok for any farang to commit crimes in Thailand and should not face consequences for these crimes. I donot understand this reasoning, must be vestiages of the colonial period left in their thinking and reasoning process.

Unfortunately, you are exactly right with your comment about farang attitudes and behavior while living or visiting Thailand. Further unfortunate is the apparent fact that these people are the majority which means the minority are included in the stereotyping by both educated and uneducated locals.

It is common knowledge that corrupt practices has been a problem in Thailand for decades and a majority of farang come here to take advantage of this. While eliminating farang involvement in corrupt practices would not, in the short term, move Thailand from being a developing third world country to a developed country, it would help improve the image of farang visiting or living in Thailand.

Couldn't agree more!

No sh.t Sherlock, How do you know that she even knew it was false,

Offense...okay you are not English ! and i hope you are not a judge.

Immigration stamp where they like to, I even have stamps on the back page although my passport is not even full.

quite true, you could have a stamp on every page of your passport and then get refused entry to say Laos because you dont have one full page.....i know thats true it just happened to me, and my passport was only three and a half years old!!!!

Maybe she's a Mossad agent? Seriously, I think they had better check the stamps at Suvarnabhumi immigration to make sure they don't have one (or more) that have the name spelled wrong. Frankly, I think that's a possible explanation. Or as someone earlier suggested, maybe she was using one of those services that are supposed to save you the trouble and expense of making a border run. She may have thought there was nothing wrong with it, not being familiar with the earlier crackdown.

Hello? Law? In Thailand? The country where the cops keep lists of known gunmen so they can check on their whereabouts at election time? The country where 2500 people died in the "War On Drugs" so provincial police sergeants could close out lists handed them by "higher authorities?" The country where you hand the traffic cop a hundred baht bill instead of your driver's license? You sure have a great sense of irony. :)

The arrival and departure form that we fill in, they will keep it and key in the computer,

So every time your visit will be on the screen of the immigration,

Don't try to get a fake stamp in Kao Sarn road to avoid paying a visit run fees cos it'll landed law breaker in jail .

<snip>

It is common knowledge that corrupt practices has been a problem in Thailand for decades and a majority of farang come here to take advantage of this.

<snip>

How silly. Everybody knows we're here for the sex and drugs and rock and roll. :)

Yes, Brown & Co would provide that, but in order not to upset the tax payers too much prior to the election next month (May) the proposed house would not be particular large on this occasion, so 'SHE' will be asked to accept a normal council house, or a maisonette, (all fully furnished of course) should 'SHE' prefere the latter, well yes, that is Britain today.

Honestly, just think about it - you bought a ticket home, got your luggage ready, called home to meet you at the airport and suddenly - booom! - you got arrested for no reason at all! Some inky-pinky in your passport (which, btw belongs to your country, and identifies you as a citizen of your contry - and IS NOT a notepad for practicing secret signs and scriptures) - is not right, according to officer at the departure checkout window.

So what? I have no idea what do they write into my pages - it doesn't look like English to me, and it is obviously very wrong - to put some NOT LEGALLY PERMITTED marks and signs into my passport and demand their exact correctness. So whats the crime?

Whoa, one Brit breaks the law and there is already a score of gainsayers and apologists ? Immigration laws are serious business in every country. Follow them. Respect them. Fear them. Don't mess around with them.

Now I was thinking that in most countries in Europe those laws & rules are.......flexible?

Respect.fear, don't mess around?

Tell that to all those economic asylum artists flooding your and my country.

They also have a penchant for stopping Farangs and telling them they have broken a law which they have not and fining on the spot, a good example you were talking on the phone whilst driving 1000 baht, with no phone in the car.

Seems to me you have a lot of pent up anger, chill out.

She has been arrested under suspicion. Let's not condemn her just yet?

Suspected of breaking the law. :)

There seems to be some element around here who haven't quite caught on to the idea that there are laws in Thailand and if you break them it is a criminal offense and not some sort of joke.

With all that's going on I don't blame them. Thai people openly violate the law everyday and go unpunished. I won't provide examples, you all know what I mean.

At approximately 11:00am on Tuesday, police Major General Witsanu Prasartthong O-Sot (Deputy Commission of the Immigration Police) along with the Superintendent of the Crime Suppression Division, successfully apprehend British national Miss. Katherine Anne Neville-Gliddon [21]. who was suspected of travelling into the Kingdom on a fraudulent passport.

A check of the suspect’s passport revealed several irregularities with the document, leading police to immediately arrest and detain her from leaving the country. Miss Neville-Gliddon was due to board a flight to Dubai on Emirates Airline flight EK 373.

EK373 departs at 21:20 - why was she at the airport getting herself arrested at 11.00am?