Chavalit Slams Thai Govt For 'Cold-Blooded Murder'

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes no sense to put the blame of a coup and the rubbish that left it behind in the shoes of Chavalit. Chavalit is an old fox, making him an enemy would badly backfire. Suthep things he is smart by cooking up an plot against the monarchy. But Chavalit will outsmart Abhisit. Abhisit looks a bit like my son, but than without the pampers.

The reds have a manifesto, it's pretty clear what they want..it's expressed simply and it seems perfectly reasonable...they want a vote and some representation in government...not too much to ask for in my opinion...

They had a huge representation in government, twice, till they got booted out. For fraud that is!

The reds and their political backers (PT, Shinawatras) will have to wait till the next elections! Nothing unfair about this! Thats democracy!

They will probably win the next election, so whats the rush. If they play it fair and square they shouldnt have to worry.

Actually they still have well over 200 red representives in Parliament the entire PTP party,

PLUS it's coalition partners. What they don't have is control of the Cabinet, Army List and Budgets..

This is their idea of representation. Hand them total control or they create war in the streets.

Nice manifesto eh?

Thailand is corrupt to the core, at all levels, its all about money, its not about democracy at all.

Abhisit has brought something new to the table, a commodity called honesty and no-one likes it.

the headmen know if Abhisit has his way, they are about to lose their control over the village funds and they are about to lose some big money that they normally ''allocate '' to their own families projects.

honesty does not pay in Thailand. its a capital offense in some cases......

Are we talking about the same Abhisit who is about to see his party dissolved for purloining 29M baht from the election fund and for receiving nearly 300M baht from TPI Polene to buy votes in the South?

That's a new type of honesty in my book.

Edited by NCFC

Gordon Brown was legitimatelt elected......Abhisit was not....

How were their elections different?

How was Abhisit's election different to Somchai's? Or Samak's and Thaksins's?

Gordon Brown has never ducked out of taking part in a General Election the way that Abhisit did in 2006 in the full knowledge that it would shatter the democratic system and allow a military coup to take place.

In his heart of hearts Gordon Brown knows that he is likely to lose at the General Election, but that didn't stop him calling an election and allowing the people decide. Abhisit on the other hand clings to power from within his military bunker and refuses the opportunity to negotiate when offered to him by the reds. Abhisit prefers to slaughter people.

That's the difference between Gordon Brown and Eton-educated Abhisit.

Gordon Brown has never ducked out of taking part in a General Election the way that Abhisit did in 2006 in the full knowledge that it would shatter the democratic system and allow a military coup to take place.

In his heart of hearts Gordon Brown knows that he is likely to lose at the General Election, but that didn't stop him calling an election and allowing the people decide. Abhisit on the other hand clings to power from within his military bunker and refuses the opportunity to negotiate when offered to him by the reds. Abhisit prefers to slaughter people.

That's the difference between Gordon Brown and Eton-educated Abhisit.

Is this the election that Brown was constitutionally required to call prior to the end of the current Parliament on 10 May, and have the election on or by 3 June?

Based on your "rationale" Aphisit should wait until October 2011 before he calls an election.

Oh! but wait - he has offered to call it nearly 12 months earlier.

It seems you prefer to slaughter logic.

Abhisit needs to resign immediately and let Thailand heal.
resign, because a couple 10'000 home- joblesses and grannies say so? So you mean the rest of aprox 65 Million peaple have to follow their rules?

If you think in terms of sheer numbers of people fed-up, just think if 1/2 of 1% of the 65 million, including the mothers of the young boys on the front lines, got together and went to the sites and threw them out!

More importantly, Gordon Brown didn't 'entice' some members of the conservative party to defect and join his government in order to get a majority. If you had voted conservative and the person you voted for then joined the other side for reasons best known only to to him, then you'd feel he stole your vote.

That's pretty much what the reds are feeling, so they want Abhisit to get his own mandate.

Note you don't have to agree with this line, I'm just stating that this is the Red's position.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

More importantly, Gordon Brown didn't 'entice' some members of the conservative party to defect and join his government in order to get a majority. If you had voted conservative and the person you voted for then joined the other side for reasons best known only to to him, then you'd feel he stole your vote.

That's pretty much what the reds are feeling, so they want Abhisit to get his own mandate.

Note you don't have to agree with this line, I'm just stating that this is the Red's position.

Worth starting a civil war over? Rumors of a dirty deal?

That's because Gordon Brown has never been up against a leader who broke the law and decided to try and use the ballot box as a means of clearing his name.

The reds have a manifesto, it's pretty clear what they want..it's expressed simply and it seems perfectly reasonable...they want a vote and some representation in government...not too much to ask for in my opinion...

They had a huge representation in government, twice, till they got booted out. For fraud that is!

The reds and their political backers (PT, Shinawatras) will have to wait till the next elections! Nothing unfair about this! Thats democracy!

They will probably win the next election, so whats the rush. If they play it fair and square they shouldnt have to worry.

Actually they still have well over 200 red representives in Parliament the entire PTP party,

PLUS it's coalition partners. What they don't have is control of the Cabinet, Army List and Budgets..

This is their idea of representation. Hand them total control or they create war in the streets.

Nice manifesto eh?

Thats what I kept pondering. They hate the PM, but what about all of their own reps in the parliament? Misdirected anger or just plain ignorant, the reds don't seem to realize if they're gettin' shafted by anybody its their own boys in the parliament who disregard them. Maybe they'll start a riot and mayhem over that next.

If you play the game and accept the rules when you win, you can't suddenly jump up and down complaining about the rules when you lose.

Samak managed to cobble together a coalition with the support of MPs from other parties, some of whom had during their campaigning told the electorate that they would not join forces with the PPP. But they did. The PPP used the system to their advantage then, just as the Dems have done now.

OK I got a screw loose....... NOW RESIGN and give the Thailand back to the people who work the soil and make this country the biggest producer of rice in the world!

you are right!

Any of the "foreigners" who think that "abhisit should resign and let Thailand heal", You've got some serious screws loose.

OK I got a screw loose....... NOW RESIGN and give the Thailand back to the people who work the soil and make this country the biggest producer of rice in the world!

you are right!

Any of the "foreigners" who think that "abhisit should resign and let Thailand heal", You've got some serious screws loose.

You want Thailand to only be owned by rice farming workers? Are you a communist? Its OK of course if you are, but just want to clarify as your type of assertion is typical communist rhetoric. Edited by Jingthing

Nice manifesto eh?

Thats what I kept pondering. They hate the PM, but what about all of their own reps in the parliament? Misdirected anger or just plain ignorant, the reds don't seem to realize if they're gettin' shafted by anybody its their own boys in the parliament who disregard them. Maybe they'll start a riot and mayhem over that next.

What's more, even when they weren't in opposition but were in power, the govts of samak and Somchai didn't do even one single initiative for them. All efforts were focused on aiding Thaksin. PTP IMO barely meets any definition of a political party. One day its in parliament doing nothing, the next day its bailing violent thugs out of jail to carry on their viloence against the public.

you are right!

You are wrong!

i wouldn't worry about these red posters, most do not even know what they are supposed to say themselves

in post #24 4223rhodes contradicted himself and said:

''Chavalit should be locked up. Abhisit is the only decent politician with the skill and acumen to lead Thailand into the future.''

i think he has lost track of what he is supposed to write and for who's benefit ..........

to_post_off.gif Today, 2010-04-28 09:41:12

LOL or there's a smart kid in the house who is taking the piss on the old man.

I DID find this post completely out of character... LOL

OOPS!

Abhisit is probably corrupt, I agree. Just less so than most others.

Abhisit does seem to be handling this situation pretty incompetently. Blood on his hands?????? I think probably not, just a total balls up and playing into the hands of what the red leaders wanted.

Abhisit tells lies.......well, show me someone that doesn't. His lies seem smaller than redshirt lies and at least he is honest enough to correct them - but yes, there are lies.

The men in black are Seh Daeng's army. Everyone knows that, he told us. Photographic and video evidence tells us. The noodle lady told me, even the soi dogs are talking about it.

The posters for president Thaksin were almost certainly someone out to discredit him, well done!

I will add some facts of my own.

Redshirt guards are armed and have been from the first days of the protest - I have seen this with my own eyes on numerous occasions.

The only section of society that hasn't been the victim of a grenade attack are the redshirts. Politicians, the public, the army, banks, shopping centres anothers have all received grenade attacks but not the reds. Hmmmmmmmm.

Chavalit wrecked the Thai economy in 1997 and we don't want him back.

Parliament is composed of elected MPs representing consituencies and those that were elected by redshirts are there to represent them. PT is still the single biggest party even after those members who were cheating were banned, but they lost the confidence of their coalition partners and some of their own members who joined the democrats to form a perfectly legal government in the same way governments have always been formed in Thailand "democracy" was introduced.

Thaksin has the blood of 2500 "drug dealers", 23 environmental campaigners, a significant number of people in the south and one of Thailand's leading Human Rights Lawyers on his hands.

Redshirts have created an atmosphere of fear amongst people who don't agree with them at their checkpoints.

Redshirts break the law with impunity and then repeatedly say it was someone else trying to make them look bad.

Redshirts repeatedly threaten an escalation in violence.

Redshirts threatened to assault me when I tried to discuss issues that could help the poor with them.

Redshirt guards drew a gun on me at Rachaprasong when I refused to let them search me. Obviously my refusal was immediately withdrawn.

Yellowshirt leaders should also be held to account for their actions, although shutting down an airport for a week pales into insignificance compared to what we are dealing with now.

Multicoloured protestors wave Thai flags, praise the King, sing patriotic songs, curse Thaksin and other redshirt leaders. They disrupt the traffic a bit but go home after a few hours of shouting and are warned by their leaders not to go and confront redshirts. They don't create roadblocks, they don't shoot people, they are not armed, they don't demand they get more sweeties than you or they are starting a civil war, they don't have an army, they don't make reporters wear an armband with their own aims printed on them, they want peace and quiet.

Hopefully, Chavalit, Thaksin and all the other redshirt criminals will end up in a stinking cell together or worse.

(I didn't write that last bit, it was a "fake me", someone else trying to discredit me, perhaps even my third hand.)

Nice synopsis with added personalization of facts.

And an ironically funny tag line.

Give him a Gold Star and a cardboard cookie! :)

Edited by animatic

Chavalit should be locked up.

Agreed, hopefully soon he will be held accountable for his last stunt:

Ex-PM, General Chavalit face criminal charges in Oct 7 crackdown case

The National Counter Corruption Commission (NCCC) announced charges against the former prime minister and other seven high-ranking officials involved in the fatal October 7th protest dispersal last year.

The Nation / March 17, 2009

and

Somchai, Chavalit, and Police blamed for Oct 7

The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has held many high-profile figures, including Somchai Wongsawat, Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, and Police General Patcharawat Wongsuwan, responsible for the violence on October 7.

Two people were killed and hundreds injured in running clashes on the streets of central Bangkok.

The NHRC probe has concluded that Somchai and his then-Deputy PM Chavalit should be held responsible for the violence because they were the ones who gave instructions to police.

The Nation / July 24, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally, fast forward to today for his more recent crimes:

Ex-PM Chavalit to be summoned for alleged plot to topple Monarchy

BANGKOK, 28 April 2010 (NNT) - The government's Center for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) will issue a summons for former Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh for alleged involvement in the plot to overthrow the Monarchy.

Deputy Prime Minister and CRES Director Suthep Thaugsuban disclosed today that the center was planning to call in General Chavalit, as Puea Thai Party Chairman, for clarification after he was alleged of having connection with the conspiracy to topple the Monarchy.

He asserted that General Chavalit would face an arrest warrant if he failed to report himself with the authorities after being called twice.

Based on existing evidence, the CRES earlier indicated that the ex-premier possibly played a part in the move to topple the royal institution.

All other individuals behind the inauspicious plot will also be tracked down by a special committee set up by the CRES to face their prosecution, according to the Deputy Prime Minister.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255304280023

Me thinks, that these charges are enough to get someone like him to foresake his cushy retirement,

and try and salvage his declining years by helping install a government that will quash these charges.

At his age ANY time in stir is not gonna be long, nor quality time well spent...

Nice manifesto eh?

++Spot on,

if looked at as a simple farmer getting the shaft.

But the Red Shirt Movement, the entity, is a whole controlled arm of the PTP

this is their street leverage branch. It makes no difference to the Red Leaders

if PTP is competent in office or not, because PTP is their directors and practical paymasters.

The little rank and file farmers are their tools of 'the trade'; Power Acquisition and Maintenance.

But yes certainly, the people who have let down the farmers of Issan most in the last 2 years

are all in PPP and PTP, since they accomplished NOTHING for the farmers of Issan.

That's because Gordon Brown has never been up against a leader who broke the law and decided to try and use the ballot box as a means of clearing his name.

Seconded.

What one men can do !

Destroy a hole country.

Nobody win or lose !

Resolve the house, and late us make business again.

Land of smile - I see nobody smile more !

this conflict is all about money and there are some big smiles on the faces of some of the red leaders with ever growing offshore bank accounts

What information can you possibly have to back up this statement?....do you have access to their bank account records?of course you don't....it's a pack of yellow lies from the yellow lying machine

It's getting to the stage that reading let alone posting on this site is a waste of time due to all the BS that is appearing daily, however there is still a bit of worthwhile news here and there and I will have one more go at a post.

For those of you who insist that parliament must be dissolved and elections held please think for a bit.

In the climate of fear, intimidation and yes terrorism that exists with the red machine in action there can never be a free and fair election. Candidates unsuitable to the reds would be prevented from campaigning and voters would be intimidated, there would be no need for paying voters or policies which is probably why PTP (the reds party) don't have any. The reds have shown repeatedly that they have no consideration for anyone or anything but themselves and their own goals and there is no doubt they would influence an election in any way they could even if it meant killing people.

The reds have built up a machine by recruiting thugs, crims, and yes the mafia, whether these people are paid or are just in it for what they can get for themselves the fact is they are there and hay a rifle or bag of grenades as a bonus at the end would be very useful for their normal activities.

Before there can be a fair democratic election this red machine must be dismantled and most people will know (certainly the PM does) that any machine can't be taken to bits from the inside first you must remove the "nuts" from around the outside. It would appear that this process has now started, a little late perhaps but I can't say that as I don't have the information the PM and his advisors have and I would hazard a guess that no one else on this site has that information either.

When the outside bits have all or mostly been removed the guts of the machine will be left confined behind their barricade and granny and grandchild human shields. By this time most of the outside intimidation will have been removed and people will be free to voice their opposition to a movement that is surely destroying this country.

Think how much money and effort is and has been expended on combating the reds then think what good for the country and the people could have been achieved if that money and effort had not been tied up and yes wasted.

More and more people are seeing this and are even now 'threats not withstanding' are coming out against what the reds are doing and surely this number will continue to increase.

I have to admit Abhisit would not be real welcome campaigning door to door on the dirt roads in small villages in rural NE Thailand. But when did he ever do this before.

Likewise Thaksin is not going to be campaigning door to door on the dirt roads in small villages in rural SW Thailand. But when did he ever do this before. :)

Seconded.

gordon Brown never had army and elites stamp on his opposits, make rule for election etc. coup give abhisit election on plate and he still not win it

wife think why falangs here all think they are elite and pad. most falang lo class but think better because can buy woman and can buy cloth look better than farmers cloths

Seconded.

gordon Brown never had army and elites stamp on his opposits, make rule for election etc. coup give abhisit election on plate and he still not win it

wife think why falangs here all think they are elite and pad. most falang lo class but think better because can buy woman and can buy cloth look better than farmers cloths

Your wife sounds very bigoted against foreigners.

You must be very proud, maybe you just need to set a better example?

you are right!

Why not just have Thailand "sign a treaty" as the Thai's did in WW2, with Japan? But Thailand has never been occupied, right? Read a bit of Thai history, it's quite interesting. This is the Kingdom of Thailand, a Constitutional Monarchy, not the "Red" Republic of Thailand, although one of the redshirt leaders; Dr. Weng was the leader of the Thai Communist Party... Maoist socialism, is that what you are calling for? There is no free election anywhere I can think of. But the blatant individual vote buying here is beyond belief.

Edited by Jimi007

We have no reliable information about this conflict here in Thailand...nothing but slanted opinions, outright lies and propaganda to read...I've tried to put below what I know as fact and some of the things that I believe.

The reds have a manifesto, it's pretty clear what they want..it's expressed simply and it seems perfectly reasonable...they want a vote and some representation in government...not too much to ask for in my opinion...but some folk on here who claim to have some sort of divine insider knowledge...claiming that they somehow know that the reds want all sorts of other things as well, things that are desperately unpopular, such as the nonsense about weakening of the monarchy....it seems to me that the claimers of the divine inside knowledge are simply parroting yellow shirt, Democrat lies...and it's getting really tedious. The other tedious divine knowledge is all the guff about Thaksin....you farangs out there do not know anything at all about Thaksin's role, you have no privileged information and again are just parroting yellow shirt lies....

Here is what I know and don't know:

I don't know whether Abhisit is corrupt...pretty much every other politician seems to be...and he was deputy chairman of the democrats when a huge illegal donation was made to them...what is the saying about smoke and fire?

I do know Abhisit is incompetent and in my opinion he has blood on his hands from the April 10th massacre...

I also know that Abhisit tells lies...he said on April 10th that the troops had no live ammo (and then the next day the army asked for 6000 live rounds back)....for god's sake the man can't even lie competently....lying is essential in politics and Abhisit should resign on the grounds of total incompetence...

I don't know who the men in black are...and I don't believe that anyone else on this board knows either, nor do they know what the agenda of the men in black is...

I don't know who put up the posters on Silom calling for Thaksin as president....whoever did it knew that this would be desperately unpopular with the masses and would therefore discredit the reds...thus I think it was done by Yellow shirts or government (particualrly as Silom was crawling with army when the posters were put up)...

Abhisit is probably corrupt, I agree. Just less so than most others.

Abhisit does seem to be handling this situation pretty incompetently. Blood on his hands?????? I think probably not, just a total balls up and playing into the hands of what the red leaders wanted.

Abhisit tells lies.......well, show me someone that doesn't. His lies seem smaller than redshirt lies and at least he is honest enough to correct them - but yes, there are lies.

The men in black are Seh Daeng's army. Everyone knows that, he told us. Photographic and video evidence tells us. The noodle lady told me, even the soi dogs are talking about it.

The posters for president Thaksin were almost certainly someone out to discredit him, well done!

I will add some facts of my own.

Redshirt guards are armed and have been from the first days of the protest - I have seen this with my own eyes on numerous occasions.

The only section of society that hasn't been the victim of a grenade attack are the redshirts. Politicians, the public, the army, banks, shopping centres anothers have all received grenade attacks but not the reds. Hmmmmmmmm.

Chavalit wrecked the Thai economy in 1997 and we don't want him back.

Parliament is composed of elected MPs representing consituencies and those that were elected by redshirts are there to represent them. PT is still the single biggest party even after those members who were cheating were banned, but they lost the confidence of their coalition partners and some of their own members who joined the democrats to form a perfectly legal government in the same way governments have always been formed in Thailand "democracy" was introduced.

Thaksin has the blood of 2500 "drug dealers", 23 environmental campaigners, a significant number of people in the south and one of Thailand's leading Human Rights Lawyers on his hands.

Redshirts have created an atmosphere of fear amongst people who don't agree with them at their checkpoints.

Redshirts break the law with impunity and then repeatedly say it was someone else trying to make them look bad.

Redshirts repeatedly threaten an escalation in violence.

Redshirts threatened to assault me when I tried to discuss issues that could help the poor with them.

Redshirt guards drew a gun on me at Rachaprasong when I refused to let them search me. Obviously my refusal was immediately withdrawn.

Yellowshirt leaders should also be held to account for their actions, although shutting down an airport for a week pales into insignificance compared to what we are dealing with now.

Multicoloured protestors wave Thai flags, praise the King, sing patriotic songs, curse Thaksin and other redshirt leaders. They disrupt the traffic a bit but go home after a few hours of shouting and are warned by their leaders not to go and confront redshirts. They don't create roadblocks, they don't shoot people, they are not armed, they don't demand they get more sweeties than you or they are starting a civil war, they don't have an army, they don't make reporters wear an armband with their own aims printed on them, they want peace and quiet.

Hopefully, Chavalit, Thaksin and all the other redshirt criminals will end up in a stinking cell together or worse.

(I didn't write that last bit, it was a "fake me", someone else trying to discredit me, perhaps even my third hand.)

Thanks for your answer...I know we don;t agree but it's nice to have soemthing better than a one-liner "your (sic) a moron" answer....you raise some good points

I agree and I do not care for the arms that the red-shirts bear...it is a provocation and they clearly shouldn't be allowed to have them...I will note that as an eyewitness at the yellow shirt party in Suvarnabhumi, they were also armed to the teeth, and it was scary...I saw with my own eyes guns, knives, machetes, baseball-bats, golf clubs and other weapons..the yellow shirts considered themselves vulnerable to attack from the lawful authorities and took measures to defend themselves...it worked since they were not attacked and despite the chaos they caused and so there was no bloodshed...what I fail to understand is the army moving on the redshirts when they absolutely knew that blood would be shed...the protest before that was [eaceful,if inconvenient.

The grenade thing worries me....I don't know who is throwing them and there is no reliable information to be had from the English language sources in Thailand....as background, shortly after April 10th a lot of the extremely knowledgeable, totally unbiased, people here on Thai Visa were saying that the black shirts killed their own people to create the bloodbath as evidently these folks didn't commit suicide and the government's line was that it couldn't have been the army, because they had no live ammo...thus it had to be the black shirts killing their own people as a ritual sacrifice to get sympathy...this sort of talk sets alarm bells ringing in my suspicious mind...I'm now confused as to why they wouldn't be doing the same thing now with grenades if it buys sympathy...also setting off 45 or so grenades since March has caused remarkably few actual casualties (other than SalaDaeng)...they seem to go off at 3am in front of a deserted bank...thus I'm a bit confused about the true aims of these grenade attacks....

There was a lot of talk a from the same group of enlightened people on here that the grenades that hit SalaDaeng were fired from behind red lines in Lumpini Park...when someone pointed out (a rather stupid person, to be sure) that the shots were all uncannily accurate if shot from such a distance, a number of military types instantly rebutted the charge saying that from 50 to 100 meters a grenade can be fired with good accuracy....but it's much more than 100 meters from behind the red lines to SalaDaeng, so is it possible that the grenades were fired from somewhere else? Obviously if you are a yellow shirt you don;t need to ask questions like this....it's a bit like a Colombo episode where the prosecutor knows he;s got the killer but them Colombo asks an awkward question....

Thaksin love him or hate him put electricity on my mother-in-laws road...many other prime ministers before could have done this...after all the sub-station is only a couple of miles away and the soi has about 1000 people living on it, but they somehow the others couldn't find the funds to manage it...she's now an avid Thaksin fan, and nothing antone will say will change her mind...most of the Thais I speak to aren't all that horrified about the killing of the drug dealers (although I'm not a a fan)...but there are hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions, like my mother in law that benefited in small but meaningful ways from Thaksin's rule...

I'm sorry that you have been personally harrassed...this might be because you live or work in Bangkok...I live in Isan and it is very peaceful here...the whole point of political protest is to cause inconvenience to powerful people, which is why the protest is taking place where the elite live. work and play and not in Khon Kaen or Udon Thani....

I don't know if you know this but there is a state of emergency in Bangkok prohibiting groups of more than 5 people (a motorcycle's worth) of gathering together...thus the good,well intentioned multi-coloreds are actually breaking the law...THEY ARE LAWBREAKERS...but since they are sponsored by the yellows they can do so with impunity...what do you think would happen if the army started shooting rubber bullets at them? Now go back a few weeks the red protest was peaceful, it was like a festival, until the army showed up to clear them out..protesting peacefully is really easy if the army doesn't threaten you with violence...

I know nothing about Mr Chalavit's record, but if he was less effective than Abhisit then I'm glad he wasn't in power, however I will observe that it is a little unfair to blame him for personally wrecking the economy when the whole of SE Asia melted down due to a financial crisis...a reasonable person might conclude that this was a multi country, indeed a global problem...

I'm off to bed...pissed as usual....

Soldier shot by another soldier today, what does the government do ? They block access to a local TV station as they reported the story.

Burmese Junta is the new name for Democrat/Bhumjathai coalition.

Comments section of http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2...ional-monument/

Athita // Apr 28, 2010 at 10:44 pm

My friend was driving at Paholyothin road, near Lam Look Ka intersection when the incident took place. He saw many soldiers and riot police were firing bullets to the air, some to the protesters.

Spring News TV ( http://www.springnewstv.com ) is now blocked by the ICT for their live report at the scene claiming the shooting came from the standing soldiers and hit a soilder riding on motorcycle. See picture

http://www.pantip.com/cafe/rajdumnern/topi.../P9183397-0.jpg

BBC also reports the dead soldier was mistakenly shot by another soldier.

I watched live local Thai TPBS, and The Nation, the reporters said the protestors had nothing except rocks, sticks, firecrackers etc.

--------------------------

3Athita // Apr 28, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Additional report,

The dead soldier namedly Private Narongrit Sara was shot to the head. He was riding a motorbike as “rapid unit” toward those standing soldiers. As the situation tensed and it was heavy rain, some said the standing force fired to the poor private.

Another injured innocent motorist, is reported namely as Mr. Komkrit, (some said he works as vegetable delivery at Si Moom Muang Market) was shot by real bullet while he was in his car and treated at ICU in a hospital.

The hospitals nearby report total casualties of 18 in total (mostly civilian, and passing by folks).