Thai Forces Fire Warning Shots In Standoff With Red Shirts

webfact

This was of course i new none provokated attack by the army. Freindly red shirts just come wakjing up the street and suddenly the army opened fire at them. Of course they didn´t try to brake threw the barracdes. The innocent red shirts!!!

This was of course (i new none??????) provoked attack by the army. Friendly red shirts just came walking up the street and suddenly the army opened fire at them. Of course they didn't try to break through the barricades. The innocent red shirts!!

Have I translated this correctly?

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red shirt people i understand you might want to ask for political changes or democracy...

You actually have the right to ask for whaever you want...but please do it from home and stop coming to bkk and annoy thousand of people who tries to do their work, this not good for you, this not good for us, this not good for thailand.

SO ask for whatever you want but please stay home and start doing some work or the country is heading to an economic crash...

I think a part of the problem comes from the government ignoring the "home" of the protesters (aka. North and North-East), so they really have no choice than come to Bangkok to voice their opinion.

However, I remember that Suthep said a few days ago that 70% of the red shirts are Bangkok residents, so where do you suggest they go when they go "home"?

I really doubt that 70% of red shirt are coming from Bkk honestly...anyway even if they are, they now need to go back to work...the country is heading to nothing this way.

Fresh election would come in time, rushing things will not solve anything as the country is now cleary devided between people who want the government to stay the way it is on one hand and the governement to be disolved on the other hand.

Patience, talks and strategic planning is the only good way out.

What about all the bickering of who shot the soldier? By now all posters convictions and orientations are well known. Arguments hereto are a waste of time unles there is definitive proof, which as we all by now know is as likely as meeting an honest, capable politician. Nation will always blame a red/or black shirt, the Government will provide astounishing ballistic calculations pointing to a red - or maybe an unknown force - or wait the 3rd hand - no no still the reds..., the red channel will always blame the authorities and then provide 2 hours of the most popular, rudest Thai swear words and on stage Arisman will swear that he saw the devil Suthep personally pulling the trigger...useless

Mind you if it is as per reported assumption by CNN/BBC a gun fired by a police officer, the army might not really consider this as "friendly fire"...

I'm frankly said really worried about the potential of an all-out escalation and the risk of clashes spreading throughout the city. I'm also worried of retaliation actions against anyone, anywhere in the city as announced by this genius Arisman. I liked him better when he just sang Lukthung...

This was of course i new none provokated attack by the army. Freindly red shirts just come wakjing up the street and suddenly the army opened fire at them. Of course they didn´t try to brake threw the barracdes. The innocent red shirts!!!

This was of course (i new none??????) provoked attack by the army. Friendly red shirts just came walking up the street and suddenly the army opened fire at them. Of course they didn't try to break through the barricades. The innocent red shirts!!

Unbelievable ! Who are you?

Unbelievable ! Who are you?

who you

It was what i think the reds on here will say, so it was some kind of ironi :)

More blood on the Red's hands.

Your sumit else mate

the guy shot in the head was by friendly fire let me spell that out for you

that means he was shot by his own men not red shirts

And of course, you have a source and evidence for that statement....

BBC is reporting it friendly fire CNN is reporting it friendly fire only the Nation is not being clear on it

Right.. This yet again shows how dangerous it is to rely on biased media. Accurate information is crucial, intentional misinformation can be deadly.

It's just sad that people refuse to inform themselves properly, then make statements that are hateful. :)

..who ever the future army general is (or prime minister) he better take more of an effort to train their troops. Maybe the army has the newly enlisted young men up front (fresh out of the North and Isaan), but don't they train SOME of their military men how to cope with crowds, how to deal with thugs begin attacking a crowd..how to shoot a gun with rubber bullets properly?

I understand that the moderators need to be cautious during this time of unrest and sympathize with the difficulties they face doing a thankless job. Since we're no longer permitted to post and discuss news clippings in the General Forum, I thought I'd bring a story to your attention here. Abhisit told the BBC on Tuesday why he won't call for a new election.

Thailand crisis: Red-shirt protesters and troops clash

On Tuesday Mr Abhisit told the BBC that while he wanted a political solution to the crisis, immediate elections were not the answer.

"There is a clear threat that if we hold elections too soon, with the mood running as high in terms of divisions and in terms of tension, elections would turn violent and they would solve nothing and we could be back into this vicious cycle of demonstrations."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8648109.stm

He forgot to add he would also lose and he dont want that right now

in a nutshell :)

I understand that the moderators need to be cautious during this time of unrest and sympathize with the difficulties they face doing a thankless job. Since we're no longer permitted to post and discuss news clippings in the General Forum, I thought I'd bring a story to your attention here. Abhisit told the BBC on Tuesday why he won't call for a new election.

Thailand crisis: Red-shirt protesters and troops clash

On Tuesday Mr Abhisit told the BBC that while he wanted a political solution to the crisis, immediate elections were not the answer.

"There is a clear threat that if we hold elections too soon, with the mood running as high in terms of divisions and in terms of tension, elections would turn violent and they would solve nothing and we could be back into this vicious cycle of demonstrations."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8648109.stm

He's probably right about that. So what's taking him so long to (re)start this political solution?? Never mind which side (or no side) you support, Abhisit is failing miserably as a leader. (or even as the establishment's spokesperson).

back fire ........that is an understatement............pushing them out of Rajprasong will lead to them to going underground :)

IRA and ETA style and that will scare the tourists even more. Its stupid and shortsighted. Just hold and election.

like Thaksin?

They have a list of hundreds to be hunted down, don't worry. They will be hunted without mercy. They're not as numb as some of you here think.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva returned to work at the Government House Wednesday.

He left Parliament and entered the Government House at 1:10 pm.

The prime minister returned to work at the Government House the last time on April 1.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

It's getting normal soon.

It's just sad that people refuse to inform themselves properly, then make statements that are hateful. :)

the soldier died because the red mob tried to brake throw military baricades. He died because of red violence.

That'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. :D People are protesting; government is failing miserably to either begin a solution OR deal with it competently.

According to news reports, the army are stepping up presence around Rajprasong, possibly for a crackdown tonight. In my opinion, pushing the protesters out of Rajprasong could back-fire. Right now they're somewhat peacefully 'stuck' there, but pushing them out of Rajprasong will make them spread all over the city.

back fire ........that is an understatement............pushing them out of Rajprasong will lead to them to going underground :)

IRA and ETA style and that will scare the tourists even more. Its stupid and shortsighted. Just hold and election.

Really,so let me understand this

According to your statement ,as they in your opinion will resort to blowing up the general populace including woman and children.

Because of fear that they have created alone, and because some tourists could be scared off their vacation

The wishes of the majority of Thais are to be ignored

They must continue to resist this mob with all legal means,as the cost to the future of their children will be far greater than the cost now.

the soldier died because the red mob tried to brake throw military baricades. He died because of red violence.

That'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. :D People are protesting; government is failing miserably to either begin a solution OR deal with it competently.

What you really are saying is that you support the violence from the red shirts?

Both BBC and CNN have said that the soldier that died was shot from behind in the head by police forces.

This is the scary part and the reason the siege is still on. If authorities had control they would have nipped this in the bud a long time a go. Nobody know whos side anyone is on.

The Police are meant to remain impartial but in a society as corrupt as Thailand its anyone guess.

i have seen Thai Police on motorcycles with all the Police gear and Police register motorcycle swerving in and out of the traffic around Bangkok. They where wearing Red Bandannas around their neck and covering theirs faces.

Shocking.

According to news reports, the army are stepping up presence around Rajprasong, possibly for a crackdown tonight. In my opinion, pushing the protesters out of Rajprasong could back-fire. Right now they're somewhat peacefully 'stuck' there, but pushing them out of Rajprasong will make them spread all over the city.

Its stupid and shortsighted. Just hold and election.

Stupid and shortsighted? Every time someone disagrees with your country's leadership do they drop everything and hold an election?

The composition of the Thai Parliament and the text of the Constitution are largely the result of backroom deals so there's not much point in comparing the election cycle of U.K.'s House of Commons to the situation in Thailand. U.K.'s Commons fairly reflects the results of democratic balloting . Thailand's present Parliament doesn't.

No matter who killed the solider in the end any violence from here on out in my opinion is RED. The government has bent over backwards to avoid conflict.

If the red shirts keep trying to block roads and reek havoc on citizens, they have to know the potential for violence, and cannot act innocent.

They could easily go home and start to prepare for elections in less than a year.

If the government remains passive for too long, innocent citizens become at risk.

Both BBC and CNN have said that the soldier that died was shot from behind in the head by police forces.

Eat some humble pie and next time remember your listening to the Nation which is a (well lets not go there)

.....yes and the BBC and CNN always have their facts correct even when they rush to post in order to be the media outlet with the latest and best (read: sensationalist) breaking news headlines. I believe in the infallability of the BBC and CNN as much as I believe that Thaksin is the half brother of Santa Claus....lets wait for verifiable facts.....

Allow me to correct you. He died because of police stupidity. You don't aim your weapon at the guy in front of you if it's a friendly.

It sounds like confusion actually. A group of soldiers on motorcycles approaching the line and fire opened on them. A few crash and one dies

Mostly it is trying to rush a story out that gets it wrong

Edited by hammered

Allow me to correct you. He died because of police stupidity. You don't aim your weapon at the guy in front of you if it's a friendly.

My question is not who shot him. If the red mob have been a friendly demonstration, they would not have tried to brake throw the baricades and there would not been any confrontation. Thats why the reds must be blamed for his dead.

No matter who killed the solider in the end any violence from here on out in my opinion is RED. The government has bent over backwards to avoid conflict.

If the red shirts keep trying to block roads and reek havoc on citizens, they have to know the potential for violence, and cannot act innocent.

They could easily go home and start to prepare for elections in less than a year.

If the government remains passive for too long, innocent citizens become at risk.

They learnt form the yellow Shirts when they took over the airports if you hold out long enough you will win only diff is the military last time refised to confront the yellows but if they had it would of been the exact same as whats happening now

you easily forget

I'm a little sick of hearing the redshirts this and the redshirts that. This is democracy in motion. If a ruling party refuses to openly compromise then the outcome can be violent. People here are passionate about their country. I admire them for that. They are willing to give their life for what they believe in. You whiners that think your opinion matters are just adding to the problem. The Thai people have a leader they believe is illegitimate and they are acting as such.

Many years ago our countries did the same thing the Thai are doing now. GIVE THEM SOME SLACK!!! Your opinion as a farang means nothing but your trivial rhetoric may create discontent that isn't needed. We are bystanders. Pay some respect and allow the process to come to it's conclusion. It is coming soon. I believe we will have a better country that we are visiting than the one that exists now.