Thai Forces Fire Warning Shots In Standoff With Red Shirts

webfact

THE NATION: INN: Red guards captured a man "in Army uniform", interrogated him bhind Red stage, & found out he was one of them, albeit a drunken one

Now wanting to invade a hospital, indeed after going to the Ambassador for the E.U. we see what leaders are really like. Hospitals are considered neutral grounds if as such the Red Shirt Brigade entered the hospital they would be in breach of ''The Geneva Convention.''

This action would make them eligible to be charged for war crimes.

The credibility gap gets wider by the minute.

DEMOCRACY ?

No.

The desire is for a totalitarian state run along the lines of Pol Pots regime.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this deep feeling that the UDD has a sense of entitlement for some reason. Wanting to "reclaim" something that never was their's in the first place. These folks are getting more whacked by the day. So much for patient privacy or any sense of privacy at all these past few days if you're an unlucky motorist pulled over and threatened by the UDD police department.

"TR @Neaw_NBC: RT @yoware: A red leader, Payap, asked Chula Hospital to evict soldiers stationing there, or reds will "reclaim" the hospital."

"Tension at Chula Hospital at moment. Hundreds of reds demanding to search for "hiden" soldiers there."

"RT @tistoo: heated negotiations just mins ago at Chula Hospital"

"Payap and some red representatives have been allowed to "inspect" hospital. The reds are really pushing it this time."

Source: Tulsathit

I would suggest to you that if they keep taking this path, they shouldn't expect much sympathy when their wounded are refused.

Terrorising a hospital in the name of democracy? Is this a new kind if democracy that only they know about?

Thai Television News has just reported that yesterdays soldier that was killed was killed by the red shirts. This is the complete opposite of what the other English language newspaper reported today together with CNN and the BBC. Do you see why I don't believe them now?

CNN were quoting someone (??) on the scene: "We've been *told* that the soldier was killed by friendly fire".

BBC were quoting CNN: "it was *reported* that the soldier was killed by friendly fire".

The other paper had: "UDD claimed that the soldier was accidentally shot by another soldier." (that's all I could find anyway).

Aljazeera had: "Medical sources told Al Jazeera that the soldier's death was caused by a live round."

and I did see another report along the lines of: " CNN and BBC reported ..."

I agree that you shouldn't believe any one source, but checking the actual wording in the reports is also useful.

I have this deep feeling that the UDD has a sense of entitlement for some reason. Wanting to "reclaim" something that never was their's in the first place. These folks are getting more whacked by the day. So much for patient privacy or any sense of privacy at all these past few days if you're an unlucky motorist pulled over and threatened by the UDD police department.

"TR @Neaw_NBC: RT @yoware: A red leader, Payap, asked Chula Hospital to evict soldiers stationing there, or reds will "reclaim" the hospital."

"Tension at Chula Hospital at moment. Hundreds of reds demanding to search for "hiden" soldiers there."

"Payap and some red representatives have been allowed to "inspect" hospital. The reds are really pushing it this time."

I would suggest to you that if they keep taking this path, they shouldn't expect much sympathy when their wounded are refused.

Terrorising a hospital in the name of democracy? Is this a new kind if democracy that only they know about?

I lost any sympathy for them weeks ago. They are nothing more than terrorists hel_l-bent on creating anarchy. Nowhere in the world would any of their terrorist activities be allowed to happen. They are all a shameful lot, even the so called innocents who condone this stuff. How people here can truly support this cause is beyond words.

TR @tistoo: Nurses huddle as mobs "inspect" hospital

"TR @tistoo: Hundred or more reds "inspecting" the main hospital building."

"unspeakable. Police just allowed red mob to create scenes at a hospital."

Edited by frodo

I lost any sympathy for them weeks ago. They are nothing more than terrorists hel_l-bent on creating anarchy. Nowhere in the world would any of their terrorist activities be allowed to happen. They are all a shameful lot, even the so called innocents who condone this stuff. How people here can truly support this cause is beyond words.

TR @tistoo: Nurses huddle as mobs "inspect" hospital

"TR @tistoo: Hundred or more reds "inspecting" the main hospital building."

"unspeakable. Police just allowed red mob to create scenes at a hospital."

How can they demand to inspect a hospital? Do they have no respect for anything?

They claim to have found names on a whiteboard as evidence of "hidden forces"

Maybe they were suspicious of the care given after the time the hospital refused police who were trying to stop the PAD protests? The hospital has that reputation of politcal favoring..

Why not be straight forward? You defend the act of the red shirts because of some kind of double standards?

Maybe they were suspicious of the care given after the time the hospital refused police who were trying to stop the PAD protests? The hospital has that reputation of politcal favoring..

Thanks for clearing that up clausewitz. Suspicion and paranoia is a good enough and justified reason to terrorize a hospital by a wanted criminal and his followers. Impressed. :)

"Payap announced through a loudspeaker that search to be resumed tomorrow morning."

They found nothing during this highly illegal and denial of rights to others. They will now inspect tomorrow? Good news for the UDD supporters, at least you know what Thailand will be like if the reds succeed in this. You thought Burma was bad?

Edited by frodo

Thanks for clearing that up clausewitz. Suspicion and paranoia is a good enough and justified reason to terrorize a hospital by a wanted criminal and his followers. Impressed. :)

"Payap announced through a loudspeaker that search to be resumed tomorrow morning."

They found nothing during this highly illegal and denial of rights to others. They will now inspect tomorrow? Good news for the UDD supporters, at least you know what Thailand will be like if the reds succeed in this. You thought Burma was bad?

Apparently they found two "suspects" that they are taking to the red's stage.

It goes from bad to worse.

Good news is that all of this is going out to the world.

1. Photos of so-called leaders running away in order to stuff themselves with french fries

2. Al-Jazeera photos of "peaceful protesters" running around with guns

3. Bent cops selling weapons to "peaceful protesters"

4. "Peaceful protesters" invading hospitals

Apparently they found two "suspects" that they are taking to the red's stage.

Kidnapping now. They are the UDD and can do whatever and whenever they please. Same inherited traits as their master.

1. Photos of so-called leaders running away in order to stuff themselves with french fries

I hope that these last two make it to the international press. The Reds have been winning the PR war outside of Thailand, precisely because the international press has dropped the ball on these "small" stories. I guess coverage of poor granny back home on the farm - BBC's feature last week - is more interesting. BBC. CNN, NY Times, Telegraph have all really done a p### poor job covering the situation here. I have a pretty politically astute aunt in the US who says "but the Red Shirts only want democracy, that's what the Times says".

And btw through all of this, the police have shown how incompetent and untrustworthy they really are. The entire force needs to be replaced, although I'm not quite sure how one would go about that....

Edited by Netfan

I hope that these last two make it to the international press. The Reds have been winning the PR war outside of Thailand, precisely because the international press has dropped the ball on these "small" stories. I guess coverage of poor granny back home on the farm - BBC's feature last week - is more interesting. BBC. CNN, NY Times, Telegraph have all really done a p### poor job covering the situation here. I have a pretty politically astute aunt in the US who says "but the Red Shirts only want democracy, that's what the Times says".

Well that last quote should go down with the GOP, afterall, Iraq is a shining example of how to go about achieving it. :)

Maybe the BBC gal here can start doing a little bit more research before calling 'friendly fire'. I know the urge to 'break the news' is appealing but in hindsight, doesnt Al Jazeera look more the trusted newsprovider now?

its down to the poor against the rich,well thats what it seems to me now.

i am not a thai national but if its democracy they are after then call the elections

thaksin was sure as not honest but he knew how to run a country and i think also that some

people who comment here forget about the so called honest and democratic west,,ie ,bush against gore and

the uk ministers filling their pockets....i hope it dosent end up in a civil war and the only way to scale this down is call an election

and abide by the result,,,and this did all start over a coup by the army dont forget....

Your naivety (not sure of spelling but I know what it means) is stunning!

and of coarse YOU have an insight into this and how to make it all better ... the opposite of me being naive is being a know all who

knows nothing... i lived in issan in a farming community and i understand why the rural thais love thaksin...who else has stood up for them...

maybe it dosent seem right but its all they have got mr know it all...

no one else stood up for them?

aside from Abhisit making the outdated Thaksin 30 baht health scheme entirely free of charge , sending 1 million baht to every village for the community, (1100 villages received it), billions sent out in stimulus payments, free education, free books, free uniforms, free dental care, free further education, low interest student loans, free computer labs for schools, access to low interest loans to get families out of the grip of loan sharks and only yesterday............

The Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives plans to provide loans totalling Bt420 billion to the rural sector this year, BAAC president, Luck Wajananawat said.

The Bt420 billion in loans will be allocated as follows - Bt44.5 billion for livestocks and fisheries, Bt140 billion to support growing of economic crops, Bt45.5 billion for producing alternative energy sources, Bt68 billion for jobs creation in rural areas, Bt30 billion for creating economic communities, Bt52 billion to support the agricultural institute and Bt40 billion to support the government's agricultural policy, according to the BAAC president said.

The Nation

so just remind me what did Thaksin do?

he got the love and devotion of a downtrodden people , oh and by the way , dont quote plans , its deeds that matter and then you can explain to me why they follow

thaksin as they seem to have it so good now...wish i had known about all this free stuff,thailand costs me a small fortune.............

Everyone who has it.

Put on BBC now.

Poor Abhisit is tying himself in a wonderful knot trying to make the world understand what is going on in Thailand.

He makes himself look very very weak. "I do not have the power to issue martial law".

"The people who have the power, have no intention of issuing martial law". He is trying to skirt around the issue that he doesn't tell the army what to do, whilst not admitting it to the world. How wonderfully Thai.

I am sure he didn't learn the word "normalcy" at Eton. He is obviously reading the papers too much. I am sure it is "normality".

I guess you didn't learn the word normalcy at whatever school you may have attended. All you would need though is a dictionary.

nor·mal·i·ty play_w2("N0153800") (nôr-mabreve.giflprime.gifibreve.gif-temacr.gif)n.1. The state or fact of being normal; normalcy.

A simple check would have told you that they mean the same thing. Problem is too many people here are so sure of being right they don't bother to check their facts.

Normalcy is a funny thing. A big goal for Abhisit, sometimes it comes soon as possible, some tomes it has been achieved already and elections are essential and once normalcy is restored Abhisit sees no problem in dissolving the parliament.

Abhisit and the pledge of normalcy in previous years

The whole idea of getting things back to normalcy is to have elections, Parliament and government that are legitimate," Abhisit said. July 25, 2006, NYT

We are ready: Abhisit

The Democrat Party yesterday vowed to restore political normalcy, ensure a robust economy and to bring about good governance as political activities start to return to normal. June 7, 2007, The Nation

Even the other main party in the race, the Democrat Party, offered a warning to ambitious military leaders as Thailand tries to regain political normalcy after the elections. ‘’If the military shows signs of wanting to hang on to power, the Democrats will be out there protesting,’’ Abhisit Vejajiva, leader of the party, said during a speech at the Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Thailand on Tuesday. December 21, 2007, IPS NEWS

""My government will restore normalcy to the country and make Thailand victorious," the 44-year-old Abhisit said in his speech, which was shown live on national television." December 30, 2008, smh.com.au

On the first day of his official visit to England yesterday (March 13th), the premier met with a group of British businessmen and delivered a speech entitled "Restoring International Confidence and Pushing Thailand Forward." Mr Abhisit stressed during his speech that Thailand already returned to normalcy ... March 14, 2009, NNT

"What I like to stress is I am not worried about elections," he said. "That is not a problem. I am a politician who has contested elections for 17 or 18 years."

But the prime minister said elections should only be held after the situation became stable. "It would take some time for normalcy to return to the country." April 6, 2009

“We announce the state of emergency and related announcements to give legal power to the government to restore order and bring back normalcy as soon as possible,” Abhisit, 44, said on state television. “The government will try to prevent any losses. We hope to get support from the public to bring peace to the nation.” April 12, 2009, Bloomberg

"We will send a signal to the international community that normalcy has been restored," Abhisit said at his offices in Bangkok's Government House, which were at the epicentre of the protests by the pro-Thaksin "Red Shirts". April 25, 2009. Kuwait Times/ AFP

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva yesterday pledged to resolve animosity between rival groups and foster reconciliation in six to eight months to pave the way for a snap election.

"If things proceed as anticipated, then I aim to steer the country out of the present turmoil and bring about normalcy in six to eight months, following which I won't mind dissolving the House," he said. May 1, 2009, The Nation

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said yesterday he intended to stay in office for as long as it takes to bring normalcy back to Thai politics and the economy.

He said that though he did not know how long he would remain in the premier's seat, it should not be any longer than eight years. September 8, 2009, The Nation

"Thailand has been absent from the global stage for a long time. Now we have made a comeback," he said.

Abhisit said he had reassured foreign political and business leaders he met during his visit that the country had returned to normalcy September 27, 2009, The Nation

"Chaos will not be triggered by the government. I want to reassure the public that my government will continue working and restore normalcy as soon as possible," said Abhisit, before leaving the barracks by helicopter. March 15, 2010, Times of India

It must be emphasized that the law is a mechanism that allows the Government to effectively discharge its function. It does not intend to cause harm to the public. The objective of using the law is to return the situation to normalcy as soon as possible. The Government is doing everything it can and in accordance with international standards to restore peace and order. April 7,2010, thaigov.go.th

Speaking during his weekly TV programme, which was recorded Saturday and aired Sunday, Abhisit said the government's goal is to return normalcy to the country so the government has to consider all connected moves of the red-shirt movement before taking actions to solve the overall problem. April 25, 2010, The Nation

Thailand's prime minister said Monday that his government is working to achieve normalcy in the country amid massive opposition protests, but warned it will take "time, patience and cooperation" from all parties involved. April 28, 2010, CNN

Either gunshots or a firecracker is being heard at Chula. Just how far will they go? A hospital of all places. No respect for anyone, even those who are in need of medical help. Sickening.

Of course this is not their FIRST hospital invasion this MONTH...

Lets not forget the emergency room Body Snatching scenes from two weeks back.

Either gunshots or a firecracker is being heard at Chula. Just how far will they go? A hospital of all places. No respect for anyone, even those who are in need of medical help. Sickening.

Not forget the nobody-died-when-we-shot-a-them-show and the disappearing dead from last year.

Sickening murderous regime, could not even win an election with the help of the Junta.

Not forget the nobody-died-when-we-shot-a-them-show and the disappearing dead from last year.

Sickening murderous regime, could not even win an election with the help of the Junta.

Are you for real?

Did cellphones get invented last month?

Where is all the pictures of hundreds of dead from last year?

Are you for real?

Did cellphones get invented last month?

Where is all the pictures of hundreds of dead from last year?

hundreds of dead? did i say something like this? are you for real?

But okay, dead people don't take pictures.

Would you believe it anyway if some photos or videos where shown to you, BBC and CNN report about it and so on. You would still say didn't happen.

How many people died this year during the crackdown? Saw any pictures of them? The 'body snatching scene' was about that.

People are dead, victims of a failed crackdown operation, victims of a failed government.

The government lies.

Soldier died in friendly fire? NO, impossible, BBC is not a reliable source. Deny and blame the reds.

I read on Twitter someone heard a firecracker somewhere. OMG. Must be TRUE. Sickening reds. Firecracker how can they dare, reds are terrorist. I read it on twitter.

You asking me if i am for real? You?

Yes, we're talking about a hospital. It's a hospital. Since when are hospitals in Thailand a political target? Only since the Redshirts came along and on the scene. If I knew nothing else of Thailand and the conflicts of the past decade, this would be all I'd need to know about present events, circumstances and the 'players', for sure. This would be all I'd need to know of the Redshirts and Thaksin.

Yes, we're talking about a hospital. It's a hospital. Since when are hospitals in Thailand a political target? Only since the Redshirts came along and on the scene. If I knew nothing else of Thailand and the conflicts of the past decade, this would be all I'd need to know about present events, circumstances and the 'players', for sure. This would be all I'd need to know of the Redshirts and Thaksin.

Maybe britmaveric can tell us in 6 words and 3 emoticons or less why freedom fighting "lads" need to force their way into a hospital and intimidate staff and patients? Maybe they're doing it for the "dosh"? Or maybe they're just immoral thugs.

I'm feeling less and less for the red shirts. I think this will all end by the time the rainy season starts. Reds will go home to tend to their farms. The government only has to hold out one more month. I hope the rainy season comes early.

or, the 500 baht per day that each one of them is being paid to attend, dries up

( maybe not eh ?)

How many people died this year during the crackdown? Saw any pictures of them? The 'body snatching scene' was about that.

Quite a few actually, on several different websites. Also saw video of a red shirt getting shot in the head on the 10th and of the soldier killed the other day during Don Muang. Heck, even saw the dead soldier getting carted off on Al Jazeera. With all the people wielding cameras on the 10th there was no shortage of people snapping photos and videos, and many of those have made it to the general public.

The large number of dead the reds claim from black Songkran, not a single photo. Not a single verifiable name given. Not a single tomato or watermelon coming forward with details on where the bodies were secreted off to.

Soldier died in friendly fire? NO, impossible, BBC is not a reliable source. Deny and blame the reds.

I'd say it certainly looks like like friendly fire, but its possible that's not what happened. We do know there were armed reds there that day, so it is possible it was not what it first appears. We should keep an open mind until more details come out. The autopsy will let us know which direction the bullet came from and what sort of weapon fired it.