Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit of the highlights from yesterday. Pitch looks shocking.

http://video.mthai.com/player.php?id=0M1297572269M0&utm_source=embed_flash&utm_medium=image&utm_campaign=video_embed

Thaimiller has on his website, CMFC have a new manager

René Desaeyere, from muangthong. Anymore information would be great.

cheers

As soon as we can get any more information we will add it to the site and post on here also :bow:

Chiang Mai have just beaten Uttaradit in an away friendly 1-0 with Sarun scoring the winner. Don't forget there is an home friendly against Chinag Rai Fc (not chiang rai utd) this Sunday the 20th at the 700 year stadium. 16:00 kick off

First home game of the season coming up this weekend.

Chiang Mai FC v Samut Prakan Customs United Football Club

Kick off 18:00 at 700 Year Stadium on Canal Road.

A few of us will be meeting up in the usual place around 16:00 for pre-match beers & banter.

A ride up to the ground is usually available for those who need it.

hope to see more new faces there!!

Bring on the footbahn!!!

post-4641-1156694572.gifclap2.gif

I gotta confess, though...I hope the fabric of the audience doesn't change too much due to the prices increase this year. Sure, 30 baht to 80 baht doesn't mean that much to you and me, but to a lot of Thais it's going to make a difference. I wonder if we're going to have a huge migration of people to the new 30 & 40 baht sections, leaving a giant gaping hole in the newly-created, ridiculously named "VIP section"? LOL, if that happens, hopefully CMFC will go back to the old ways :)

• 3 weeks later...

Chiang Mai FC are at home this Sunday against Chanthaburi at the 700 year stadium. Kick off 6pm. Its been a mixed start to the season for the Tigers, with a loss a win and a draw in their first 3 games. Chanthaburi have lost 1 and won 2 of their first 3 games. Ticket prices range from 30-80 thb and as per usual anyone that needs a lift from town to the ground and they fancy meeting for a few drinks before we will be in the Red Lion form 4pmish. Dont forget you can follow Chiang Mai FC in English at this website.

Too much money and not enough sense!!!

Followed you for 4 years, as Chiang Mai United and then last year as Chiang Mai F.C. but I can see, that the wrong people have become the know it alls of football.

Shame, massive shame.

I'll still follow you, but get the shit out of the club!!!

Money is power. But money doesn't give you knowledge!

Could the above two posters elaborate?

I watched the game yesterday, my first match this season. I noted that the team played very differently to last season, and with much less skill. My mate told me half the team had moved on, but no-one knew why or where to. We had a great team last season that played in great style. Now it's gone! How sad.

Incidentally, despite some of the most blatantly obvious time-wasting tactics by chantaburi i've ever seen, i was pretty sure our equalizer came in about the 55th minute!!

So, does anybody know what happened to all our players? And how many did actually leave?

From what I learnt from different people, there is only about 4 of last seasons team remaining. The chairman in his wisdom decided to let most of the team go, some went back to teams in Divison2 and others went to the Premier league. He has spent alot of money bringing players in from other so called bigger clubs and also on a new manager. Obviously it takes time for a new team to gel and in an interview with the manager the other day for my website, he told me that he thinks its going to take around 3 months to get the team playing how he wants them to play which is on the floor rather than long ball. This sounds bad but he went on to say it also took the same amount of time last season with Muang thong United, the team he won the Premier league with last season. He was very optimitic about this season and stated that as long as Chiang Mai can keep improving on a weekly basis then the rewards would come. Only time will tell I suppose.

Edited by thaimiller

First CMFC game for me and first game ever for my daughter. We both really enjoyed the experience, what a great atmosphere. Was very impressed by the sportsmanship of the Chantaburi players at the final whistle going round the stadium waving at the home supporters, even after loosing a late late goal, well done to them.

The team itself IMO has alot to work on. Defensively very week, they need to stick to the basics and get rid of the ball instead of trying to be fancy in the danger area. The biggest problem I noticed was in the midfield, giving the ball away so cheaply, slack cross balls in the midfield gave Chantaburi loads of chances. I think the Chantaburi defense did an excellent job (apart from the last minute) they soaked up easily anything CM had to offer. The forwards struggled to make opportunities I think because of the lack of support from midfield. CM were very lucky in this game, it could have very easily been a demolition job had the rub of the green went the other way.

I Also noticed the coach barking instructions to players who didn't respond instantly in the first half, he obviously had words about this at the interval and there was an improvement in the second half. I think the coach lost the will to live in the last 20 minutes, you really couldn't see anything happening. Thank god for the equalizer hopefully this will give a boost for future games.

All in all an enjoyable experience, the team have alot to learn, let's hope they can get it together soon before the gap gets too big.

Mon the tigers.......

Oh and to top a great evening off; Rangers 2 Celtic 1

I just can't laugh enough, I just can't laugh enough

Edited by 111tingtong

Who is our chairman then? A politically-minded sort, or more of a football fan sort?! What do we know about him? Is he a loose cannon, or a chap with decent ideas and able to listen?

I understand a group of new players will take time to gel, and therefore i just wonder on what basis the chairman was prepared to sell or get rid of so many players who gave so much to cheer about last season. I thought their brand of football was fantastic last season, so it was most disappointing to see it all gone!

Fair enough if we've bought good players, but then they shouldn't need a long time to gel. And there wasn't really much evidence of their skills last night!

Great game, but as with several posts have already mentioned, there was a severe lack of skills and really slow ball movements. What really disturb me was the type of people there, and before you guys get going on me let me explain.

There was a family behind us in the stand, 2 young children, these two kids had the foulest mouth I've ever seen. I doubt that they even know what they were saying. It is astonishing that the parents were not even controlling them. If this is the future generations of LOS then we are in trouble.

I know that watching a match can be a family affair but please...

There was a family behind us in the stand, 2 young children, these two kids had the foulest mouth I've ever seen. I doubt that they even know what they were saying. It is astonishing that the parents were not even controlling them.

Thai or Farang ?

Well, I can't say to much, but I've seen it all before.

Some people seem to think that they can run before they can walk.

How many times have you seen a top flight manager in any league around the world, drop down a league after winning the top title. I don't know of any, but if there are, it's about money.

Then we move to the players, well unless you read Thai, you're pretty screwed. I mean you could try and look at the new English website for C.M.F.C. but I wouldn't bother, as it's not very informative and it's going to show you how not to write English. I take my hat off to it though, it's better then nothing. I think, not I know, that a lot of the players were released from other clubs either in the Prem or going to the Prem. I don't know of any player that was signed from the Prem directly.

I don't want to seem negative, but lets say I am playing devils advocate. I hold the club close to my heart, so please don't take this post in the wrong way at all (I know what you TVers are like).

I am not used to watching my team win every week, so last year was a a first for me (now I know what it's like to be a Man U Fan). Well, at least it wasn't a loss and even better, we didn't all get charged 20 quid(1000Baht) to get.

It's going to be a long season and a hard one as well. So keep the faith and all will prevail one way or another.

I wouldn't be English if I didn't moan!!

Edited by slinky1876

Then we move to the players, well unless you read Thai, you're pretty screwed. I mean you could try and look at the new English website for C.M.F.C. but I wouldn't bother, as it's not very informative and it's going to show you how not to write English. I take my hat off to it though, it's better then nothing. I think, not I know, that a lot of the players were released from other clubs either in the Prem or going to the Prem. I don't know of any player that was signed from the Prem directly.

Thanks so much for showing us "how to write English." :)

How many times have you seen a top flight manager in any league around the world, drop down a league after winning the top title. I don't know of any, but if there are, it's about money.

I don't want to seem negative, but lets say I am playing devils advocate. I hold the club close to my heart, so please don't take this post in the wrong way at all (I know what you TVers are like).

I am not used to watching my team win every week, so last year was a a first for me (now I know what it's like to be a Man U Fan). Well, at least it wasn't a loss and even better, we didn't all get charged 20 quid(1000Baht) to get.

It's going to be a long season and a hard one as well. So keep the faith and all will prevail one way or another.

Please Slinky be my guest and drop me an email and inform me with what you would like me to put on the website. If you would like to write an article for it like someone did this week, just let me know and I'll make sure it appears. We've done it out of our own money and time and its just an hobby, sorry if you feel that its not up to your standard. There is another English website also which featured in the programme yesterday and also in the English programme last game, please have a look and let me know if thats more suitable for you. Again the Guy that has made it has done it off his own back and funds with no help from the club at all even though it is supposed to be the official English website.

Edited by thaimiller

Thanks so much for showing us "how to write English." :)

It's called a typo. By the way, this is a discussion forum, not related press. So get off your pedantic horse and take off your TV police badge.

If you've got nothing to add to this thread in regards to C.M.F.C. then don't post. My comment in regards to the English on the C.M.F.C website was more of a hidden hint, which in one way or another will help them to improve and build on something that will be beneficial to all of the English speaking C.M.F.C fans.

I know Thai Visa and I know a lot of it's members. So with this in hand. Did you go to the game? Do you like football? or do you just search every thread trying to fulfil your pedantic fantasies.

If you do decide to come to a game any time in the future, bring your camera. You take good pictures!!

Please Slinky be my guest and drop me an email and inform me with what you would like me to put on the website. If you would like to write an article for it like someone did this week, just let me know and I'll make sure it appears. We've done it out of our own money and time and its just an hobby, sorry if you feel that its not up to your standard. There is another English website also which featured in the programme yesterday and also in the English programme last game, please have a look and let me know if thats more suitable for you. Again the Guy that has made it has done it off his own back and funds with no help from the club at all even though it is supposed to be the official English website.

Thanks Thai Miller.

The reason why I take my hat off, is because I think it's great. Just a bit of tweaking here and there and a little more attention to detail will make it a great asset to the Expat Community.

In no way was I taking a pop at you guys. Just giving you a friendly poke.

Can you maybe provide some more information about the players history and current status.

Keep up the good work!

I know Thai Visa and I know a lot of it's members. So with this in hand. Did you go to the game? Do you like football? or do you just search every thread trying to fulfil your pedantic fantasies.

"Did you go to the game?" Yes, I did. I go to every home game. Season ticket holder, in fact.

"Do you like football?" Yes, I love football. I have been playing since I was five years old.

Since you attacked me directly, I thought I'd respond and point out the fact that your English is not perfect either. So sorry if that bothers you, but if you're going to dish it out, you should be able to take it. (Though I won't point out your grammatical error in your quote above. I'm not that much of a jackass.)

See you at the next match.

Edited by SadieMBeagle

"Did you go to the game?" Yes, I did. I go to every home game. Season ticket holder, in fact.

"Do you like football?" Yes, I love football. I have been playing since I was five years old.

Since you attacked me directly, I thought I'd respond and point out the fact that your English is not perfect either. So sorry if that bothers you, but if you're going to dish it out, you should be able to take it. (Though I won't point out your grammatical error in your quote above. I'm not that much of a jackass.)

See you at the next match.

I never said mine was perfect. You seemed to make an issue out of it, not me.

Lets leave it at that then. This is a football thread and all posts should be directed that way.

Unless it benefits the Team.

I will give my two cents worth. Wasn't in chiang mai for the last home game so can't comment on it did go to the samut prakan game That game the first half was shocking but the second half they controlled it.

Thai divison 1 is a big step up from regional north league, where there are only 2/3 decent teams chainat spring to mind, who have had a good start to their season. We dominated the league but most of the teams were a joke. Even look at the play off league we were luckly to go though, the away win in buri ram sealed it for us Did stuggle against decent opposition e.g saraburi, the same this season. I think this is why there has been such a big change of squad, i beleive only one of our player got into the TPL with TMM Phichit and some went to lamphun wariors (a sister club) an there seems to be big changes to all squads from a pool of players thai/non-thai from the previous season.

The season ahead think will be more of the same, as this one so far, but the league will be very close bit like the lower leagues in england & chiang mai are a team many will want to beat. Still think we have a good chance of promotion/play-offs and think the powers that be want CMFC in the TPL (which in thailand may result in many favourable decisions). A lot of money has been spent on CMFC this season and think Newin in Buri Ram has set a bit of a bad example for chairmen having too much control over the teams, if you watch any buri ram PEA/FC he tells the manager what to do. But don't think our manager would stand for that.

The new websites are good and lets be honest we are talking about Thai Division 1 football so not much eally happens apart from match day, could get photos of the players leaving spotlight with a few comments. There is an english section on mhahao.com and fans will answer your questions and most seem very knowledgeable about all areas of thai football.

Cheers and bring on buri ram