What To Do At 1am Airport Arrrival?

billyboy

My next flight from Australia to Bangkok will arrive at 1am.I will be flying on Emirates which is $200 cheaper than my prevoius carrrrier.Trouble is that Emirates aarives in Bangkok at 1am,probaly wont get out of airport till 1.30am or 2am anyway.I like spending my holiday in Pattaya.

I have some questions,

*Does anyone know if theres buses going from Ekamai to Pattaya in early hours of morning?

*If the first bus is say at 5am,is there anywhere in the airport i can sit?

* If i decide i will go straight to Pattaya by cab and arrrrive at say 5am in pattaya ,will they charge me the prevoius nights room?

*What do u all do if your arrrriving in the early hours of the morning?

*Is the coffee shop/mcdonalds open at the arrrrivals section at that time of morning?

I have some questions,

*Does anyone know if theres buses going from Ekamai to Pattaya in early hours of morning?

* If i decide i will go straight to Pattaya by cab and arrrrive at say 5am in pattaya ,will they charge me the prevoius nights room?

*Is the coffee shop/mcdonalds open at the arrrrivals section at that time of morning?

Whoa, Billyboy, you must've been a handfull for your parents with loads of questions :D You might just jump in a cab, head down to Patters and check straight in- it'll be after midnight afterall and that usually means a brand new 24 hour day starts then as well. Enjoy! :o

I have some questions,

Whoa, Billyboy, you must've been a handfull for your parents with loads of questions :D You might just jump in a cab, head down to Patters and check straight in- it'll be after midnight afterall and that usually means a brand new 24 hour day starts then as well. Enjoy! :o

Yep thats true. You will actually get longer in your room.

Mark

Depends on the hotel, at least in the First World. I worked night shifts at Holiday Inns - we charged whatever the traffic would bear until 7AM because the day changes around noon (checkout/checkin time). But the Gen'l. Manager let us lower the prices to whatever the traffic could afford to pay, later in the night.

If you stay in Don Muang, I think the Burger King on the one end is open all night, near the third level. Likewise, the 7-11 downstairs between domestic and inter'al terminals. You can do e-mail and internet to your heart's content on the first floor without spending 200 baht.

How much should the taxis charge for straight to Pattaya?

Are there any trains going that way then, across the freeway from the airport?

The reason I asked about if the hotel would charge me the prevoius nights stay is because most hotels i assume is a 10am checkout and check in,so if i rocked up at 5am im wondering if they would charge me the night before,anyway i suppose i will have to email the hotels in pattaya as they all might have different rules.

As for the buses from morchit or ekkamai ,does anyone know if there 24hrs to pattaya or they restart in the morning.There use to be a bkk to pattaya bus website with timetable,im pretty sure of it.Anyone know if there is?

The reason I asked about if the hotel would charge me the prevoius nights stay is because most hotels i assume is a 10am checkout and check in,so if i rocked up at 5am im wondering if they would charge me the night before,anyway i suppose i will have to email the hotels in pattaya as they all might have different rules.

As for the buses from morchit or ekkamai ,does anyone know if there 24hrs to pattaya or they restart in the morning.There use to be a bkk to pattaya bus website with timetable,im pretty sure of it.Anyone know if there is?

In my experience, if they charge you anything it will just be ½ day. But does it matter, surely you will have to pay what you have to pay... no point worrying about it, just concentrate on having a good time. :D

totster :o

My next flight from Australia to Bangkok will arrive at 1am.I will be flying on Emirates which is $200 cheaper than my prevoius carrrrier.Trouble is that Emirates aarives in Bangkok at 1am,probaly wont get out of airport till 1.30am or 2am anyway.I like spending my holiday in Pattaya.

I have some questions,

Jump in the cab, book in, have a beer works every time ,(if you cannot book in reverse the last two)have fun :o .

I have never seen any hotel check out time other than 12 noon in Thailand and if they have a room available have never had a problem checking in at 7 am without any extra charge. Am sure if you arrived at 3 am and planned to stay a week most hotels with a room free would not charge extra. Talking tourist or 3 stars - am sure some 5 stars and resorts would be a bit more greedy.

depends on how many nights you're booking the hotel, if is just 1-2 nights they will probably charge you half day.

Now is low season and Hotels are very happy to give you a candy if you decide to stay 8-10 nights.

No buses during night time, the first one should be around 5.30 am

Taxi to Pattaya should be the best way and the fastest way since there is no traffic in the night.

enkjoy

I have some questions,

If you're concerned about your budget then just spend the night in the airport and take a bus to Pattaya the morning after breakfast. You can sleep or whatever; it's not that bad. :o I think the THAI service has ceased operating but there's another one. I don't know when the first bus leaves; THAI used to leave at 9:00 AM. Less desirably you could take the Airport Bus to the Ekamai terminal; first bus leaves at 5 AM. The first bus leaves from Ekamai to Pattaya at 5 AM and thereafter every 30 min or so.

Edited by JSixpack

I can organise taxi service for you if you want billyboy, 1200 bht + motorway charges. PM me if you are interested.

TizMe

Yere thanx,last time i got a taxi from the airport,he agreed to take me to Pattaya,a little way out of the airport he turns left into a road,goes past what looks like a hotel and stops out the front of a limo company.

Anyway i ended up walking back to the main rd after the 2000 baht fee was not to my liking all the way walking back to the security guard box at the entrance this nutter following me in his cab,"ok ok i take you",i finally hailed a cab on the main rd and got a great cab driver.

When you say 1200 b plus motorway expenses ,what does motorway expenses add up to be? im not trying to be a cheap charlie because i know in the last few months most quotes i got from cabbies at bkk airport departures area were 1800 to 2000 baht.