Wanted Suzuki Dr400 Spare Part.temp Light Thermo Switch

As the title says i'm after a Suzuki Dr400 radiater temp thermo switch the one that does the overheat light on the dash. Suzuki part number 34850-03D00

IF ANY ONE HAS ONE OR KNOWS WHERE I can get one please let me know.

Thanks Allan

Vocal. its actually for my Suzuki Vx800, same part. but mine is kinda rusted up and falling to bits.

I think i'm gonna convert to a water temp guage and get a different sender. The one for the bike is about $50 and just turns on a light. The one for a Peugot car (same thread) is $10 and works a guage. go figure.

Same as when i got the new thermostat 30 uk pound compared to 5.99 for my mums car (a Suzuki)

Vocal. its actually for my Suzuki Vx800, same part. but mine is kinda rusted up and falling to bits.

I think i'm gonna convert to a water temp guage and get a different sender. The one for the bike is about $50 and just turns on a light. The one for a Peugot car (same thread) is $10 and works a guage. go figure.

Same as when i got the new thermostat 30 uk pound compared to 5.99 for my mums car (a Suzuki)

Alan,

My Honda has a gauge. If you have space that may be the cheapest way to go. As you know they are available in most car parts shops. Yeah I found them at $57 Plus postage!!!

Does the VX have a fan(s)? That Peugeot may have a fan switch which would be lower temp. but would tell you the fan was on. Then you can stop for a cigarette.

Did you put the Motul cooling stuff in yet? That will raise the boiling point.

yep done the motul. it was a little better but as soon as i go a bit 140+ the light comes on in about 20kms. if i'm cruising at 110 or below it does not seem a problem but then without a guage its hard to tell, thats why i'm thinking the guage would be better. that way i can see when the temp goes up. The vx is a pig to sych the carbs (same as intruder) and i'm reading if ya dont get that right and the twin throttle cables exactly right then when you are at the top of the revs it can overheat. It's just so dam_n difficult finding a quality mech here in Thailand.

Edited by thaicbr

yep done the motul. it was a little better but as soon as i go a bit 140+ the light comes on in about 20kms. if i'm cruising at 110 or below it does not seem a problem but then without a guage its hard to tell, thats why i'm thinking the guage would be better. that way i can see when the temp goes up. The vx is a pig to sych the carbs (same as intruder) and i'm reading if ya dont get that right and the twin throttle cables exactly right then when you are at the top of the revs it can overheat. It's just so dam_n difficult finding a quality mech here in Thailand.

Alan,

Have you checked the thermostat? I.e dropped it in boiling water?

Silly question but........It should be in the water pump.

What about the rad cap or coolant tank cap is it OK? Holding in the pressure?

Does the fan come on before the overheat light does?

All these are rhetorical. Just wondering.

I'm ignorant to the situation regarding parts on grey market bikes. Can't Suzuki bigbikes in BKK help you? Or do they only order parts for Thai legal bikes? Too bad they don't sell the DRZ here, it makes more sense than a Hayabusa. I think it's cruel to not allow a busa on tollways but at least a DRZ could be used on dirt trails.

tt i have never tried to get big bike parts. mainly cos of the language problem and thats when they are told in Thai :)

Vocal new thermo in the bike. its not overheating in the literal sense. its sure getting hot and the warning light comes on but not losing water.

I think i'm going to get a new rad built thats slightly larger (found a factory here in Nakhom Pathom) because the old rad is not in prime condition so could be the cause. sometimes they are worse than they look.

Also decided to go the water temp guage route as i would like to see when and how its getting hot. just gotta find a white face 2" electric water temp guage (all the local shops have 2 and 5/8 guages which are to big)