Thailand's Yellow-Shirts Call For PM Abhisit To Stand Down

webfact

The people you mention above are obscene and do not deserve a place at any table. There are people about who are not at all involved with corruption. One just has to do the research to find them.

It's hard to find people who are not corrupt or can't be corrupted. What you need is a swift crackdown anyone who is corrupt. Arrest them, charge them, throw them in jail.

However, if it were that easy, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. It really doesn't matter what kind of political system you have. What matters is how effectively you enforce the law. Difficult here.

where will u put 20 million of them

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What could the PAD, Peoples alliance for DEMOCRACY, possibly have against calling for elections ????? -

:-D

PAD is a democracy for the rich and the conservatives, while reds are the democracy for the radicals and the rural poor.

( :) why isnt there a group set up for real democracy?)

DEMOCRAZY!

Maybe form a new party of Reds and Yellows, call it the People Alliance for International Democracy... or P.A.I.D.... :)

How about: "People's Alliance To Help Endorse The Invidious Constitution" :D:D

Thailand needs to be run by a committee of 15 professional people and say 15 Rural people. No more no less.

These 30 people are selected by HRH and paid a total of say $3 million Dollars per year. No more no less.

It is the committee's job to re write the Constitution over the next year. It is then rubber stamped by HRH.

Then they have to manage, yes manage, not Govern the country for the next 5 years. Over that 5 years the have the responsibility and the accountability to rectify all current Thai issues from Defence to Taxation, Health, Law and Order, Immigration, Education, Poverty etc etc.

At the end of their term Thailand can have an election (Democratic) and that will give time for decent intelligent parties to be formed to carry the work of the Committee forward. It will also give those people in Thailand the opportunity to rectify their past crimes and work and invest in the country for the good of the Thai people.

Thailand must stamp out corruption, nepotism, and have a Police force that works and works to the benefit of all through Laws that are created and enforced. No excuses.

And international everyone is complaining that there is no democracy, Thaksin paid NGOs tell Thailand is worse than Myanmar. What will your committee make if the red demonstrate like now?

International they can sell it much easier as demonstrations for democracy. Who guarantee that these people are not corrupt and that no rich people bribe them?

I agree with the idea, only I doubt that it will work. Reds for sure will call it a corrupt military dictatorship, no matter how honest and good these people might be.

It's the craziest idea I've ever heard. It was crazy when Plato first put the idea down and its crazy now.

Such a group would be accountable only to the person who appointed them. It would be a dictatorship, and the fact that it would be a dictatorship wouldn't be sweetened any because one person thought they were honest.

Of course it's just a slightly modified version of the facile but never-dead Hollywood fairytale whose most recent manifestation was the excremental "Dave"

The people you mention above are obscene and do not deserve a place at any table. There are people about who are not at all involved with corruption. One just has to do the research to find them.

It's hard to find people who are not corrupt or can't be corrupted. What you need is a swift crackdown anyone who is corrupt. Arrest them, charge them, throw them in jail.

However, if it were that easy, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. It really doesn't matter what kind of political system you have. What matters is how effectively you enforce the law. Difficult here.

where will u put 20 million of them

I agree that they should all be arrested, however we all understand that this is impossible. No, you must have another solution to the problem, a novel solution much like what the Courts did to Thaksin. Take the money away from these people, that hursts them the most, along with all their passports.

Thailand needs to be run by a committee of 15 professional people and say 15 Rural people. No more no less.

These 30 people are selected by HRH and paid a total of say $3 million Dollars per year. No more no less.

It is the committee's job to re write the Constitution over the next year. It is then rubber stamped by HRH.

Then they have to manage, yes manage, not Govern the country for the next 5 years. Over that 5 years the have the responsibility and the accountability to rectify all current Thai issues from Defence to Taxation, Health, Law and Order, Immigration, Education, Poverty etc etc.

At the end of their term Thailand can have an election (Democratic) and that will give time for decent intelligent parties to be formed to carry the work of the Committee forward. It will also give those people in Thailand the opportunity to rectify their past crimes and work and invest in the country for the good of the Thai people.

Thailand must stamp out corruption, nepotism, and have a Police force that works and works to the benefit of all through Laws that are created and enforced. No excuses.

And international everyone is complaining that there is no democracy, Thaksin paid NGOs tell Thailand is worse than Myanmar. What will your committee make if the red demonstrate like now?

International they can sell it much easier as demonstrations for democracy. Who guarantee that these people are not corrupt and that no rich people bribe them?

I agree with the idea, only I doubt that it will work. Reds for sure will call it a corrupt military dictatorship, no matter how honest and good these people might be.

It's the craziest idea I've ever heard. It was crazy when Plato first put the idea down and its crazy now.

Such a group would be accountable only to the person who appointed them. It would be a dictatorship, and the fact that it would be a dictatorship wouldn't be sweetened any because one person thought they were honest.

Of course it's just a slightly modified version of the facile but never-dead Hollywood fairytale whose most recent manifestation was the excremental "Dave"

Hey, the point is to get the country sorted out by independent people who do not have a barrow to push. You have to start somewhere to get this country back as the "Jewel of SE Asia" It won't be easy, nothing is. If it is a dictatorship so be it for 5 years.

It is very unfortunate to see the issues of the World revolve around money. This is wrong. The world needs to rethink itself and place lesser influence on money. Otherwise we are all doomed.

'money makes the world goes around' :-)

especially in the long journey of developing democracy, in the long journey of setting up new systems of work.

in Thailand, people still talking about 'COULD I do it', and they aren't concern 'SHOULD I do it' ! in this way, 'money' is a big subject !

Does anybody still listen to Chamlong? I thought (hoped) he was just going to fade away like Chalart Worachat. Both equally wacko.

People always listen to terrorists and Chamlong Srimuang, a core Yellow Shirts leader maybe Thailands Number 1.

He was the leader of those who terrorized all in the vicinity then shut down Suvarnabhumi Airport.

That action by Chamlong's mobs cost the Thai economy billions.

Why was he never been arrested or prosecuted for that terrorist action?

:):D:D

TAN_Network: INN: Red shirts postpone decision on road map; say PM should "clear the air" with PAD first

No. They need to get rid of the reds first and deal with PAD later. Looks like the reds are looking for every way out of this since they were backed into a wall.

Maybe they are waiting to be paid? Once they get their "show up money" they will go home. Me thinks that this is the crux of the matter.

No squigy .... the P.A.I.D is the Peoples Alliance for International Democracy... a combo of Reds and Yellows :)

Hey, the point is to get the country sorted out by independent people who do not have a barrow to push. You have to start somewhere to get this country back as the "Jewel of SE Asia" It won't be easy, nothing is. If it is a dictatorship so be it for 5 years.

Look at it this way: unless you're casting aspersions about the pecuniary integrity of the Privy Council and hence ruling them out of your 30 good men and women, aren't you just saying that the Privy Council should rule Thailand for 5 years?

Why do all the colored shirts don't understand that all they are doing is hurting the country. Thailand has lost a lot of ground vis a vis its SE Asian neighbors and in the end it does not really matter who is in power as opposed to the fact that they can actually try and make the whole country progress and move on. These street demonstrations are beyond pathetic and there is no end to it as the solution is not a solution in itself and all this at the sacrifice of billions of baht which not only hurts business owners but also all the people rely on salaries to support their families.

What could the PAD, Peoples alliance for DEMOCRACY, possibly have against calling for elections ????? -

hear hear, simply put and 100% true. You want democracy, lets have an election.

the challenge now is to have a straight election.

TAN_Network: INN: Red shirts postpone decision on road map; say PM should "clear the air" with PAD first

No. They need to get rid of the reds first and deal with PAD later. Looks like the reds are looking for every way out of this since they were backed into a wall.

Maybe they are waiting to be paid? Once they get their "show up money" they will go home. Me thinks that this is the crux of the matter.

No squigy .... the P.A.I.D is the Peoples Alliance for International Democracy... a combo of Reds and Yellows :)

they. whoever they are.. are the ones who are corrupt and their parties should be stripped of their wealth and redistributed to the poor of Thailand.

Maybe form a new party of Reds and Yellows, call it the People Alliance for International Democracy... or P.A.I.D.... :D

How about: "People's Alliance To Help Endorse The Invidious Constitution" :D:D

That's a tough acronym... best to start with an individual word... then sort your politics around it :)

Edited by humfurry

PAD is a democracy for the rich and the conservatives, while reds are the democracy for the radicals and the rural poor.

( :) why isnt there a group set up for real democracy?)

the word 'democracy' is stolen for all kind of political acts !

if you really ask Thai about democracy, they can't answer. it has never been taught in the school, in the university !

now they learnt from the reds, later from the yellows !

As much as I dislike the Reds and their leaders, I cannot understand what the Yellows now want.

They believe that any caving in to the Red Shirts will increase corrupt elements in society, be ultimately ant-monarchial because despite their recent purring they DO want a republic and they want it to install Thaksin. So, that part of their argument is semi valid. It's the means they would use to achieve their aims that are the problem and are diasallowable. Abhisit needs to expose that, while at the same time showing that they're right in that regard and the red shirts need to get off that path and onto his. Tough job.

PM calls Songkhla student to explain roadmap

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva personally called a political science student at a university in Songkhla to explain his roadmap and the circumstances that forced him to set the November 14 elections. The call was in response to the student's text message.

Thanawat Waharak, 20, who is studying at Hat Yai University, said he sent an SMS to the PM's mobile number at 10.54pm on Tuesday to say he was disappointed by his decision to dissolve the House as demanded by the red shirts.

"My SMS said I was very disappointed in him, and that I was losing faith in him after he announced the date for House dissolution. I also said that agreeing to negotiate with the red shirts could possibly make him the next tyrant after [former PM] Thaksin [shinawatra]. I also demanded that he explain why he didn't answer the situation better," Thanawat said.

At 11.08pm, the student received a phone call and the caller said, "Sawasdee khrub, I am Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva."

During the phone call, Abhisit said he understood why the public was so frustrated, but they must understand that he was under huge pressure. "He said that if any dispersal tactics were employed, they would surely cause the loss of lives. He said he did not want to see that happen anymore," Thanawat recounted.

He also quoted the PM as saying that fivepoint roadmap was offered as a way out for the red shirts, however if the movement's leaders refused to accept it, then it clearly showed that they were not sincere in resolving the political deadlock.

Abhisit also said he was under constant pressure, especially from Thaksin, who kept calling coalition parties' executives to abandon the government. Therefore, he said, he had to find the best way out of this situation.

Thanawat also quoted the PM as saying that the public should not worry about the government's handling of those facing lese majeste charges, because it was a sensitive issue that had affected public sentiment and that he was handling it himself.

"I have a back up plan for that issue," the student quoted the premier as saying.

Before hanging up, Abhisit said that the public should not worry and that he understood what they were feeling, Thanawat said.

The Nation

Edited by lannarebirth

Look at it this way: unless you're casting aspersions about the pecuniary integrity of the Privy Council and hence ruling them out of your 30 good men and women, aren't you just saying that the Privy Council should rule Thailand for 5 years?

No way! They are the first to loose their wealth and positions. You have to have a clean slate. The 30 or so Independents would make up the new Privy Council. (if the new Consitution deems that Thailand should have one)

hear hear, simply put and 100% true. You want democracy, lets have an election.

the challenge now is to have a straight election.

a straight election, yeah Mr T is right now working with his financial men on the investment budget in the next election by November !

Now I am sure that many of you who did not understand before are getting a more complete picture....

The Yellow shirts the minority by far will not relinquish control to the red shirts who are a majority of this country's population.

The Yellow shirts know that they can not win an election....

The Red shirts know that who ever they elect will get thrown out for a multitude of reasons...

Maybe a cooking show..

A corruption charge....

Can be anything....

So again the tail wagging the dog in this country there is no doubt.....

There is a solution but .....no one can talk about.

U hit the nail on the head there!!

It will never end. :)

It would be a end. Make two countries. Split the north east away to a new country. Simlar like North and South Korea. Will see which economy runs better in a few years.

there was already the movement "The 8 elephants join the 3 elephants" mean the other southern provinces want to go away together with the muslim ones, when Thaksin had power.

I am sure the south could stay alone: Good tourist spots, rubber, fish, but without major industry.

The constant meddling by the elite in the democratic process has caused a total breakdown.

The PAD began the de-stabilisation process against the Thaksin government & it has just become worse & worse as each side takes its turn to batter its opposition. Where will it all end?

Edited by momentumwaves

Now the Yellow's turn to say "But the reds ...".

Get back in your box.

edit: I think this is an area where many anti-reds and the red supporters can join forces.

it isn't the yellows know that the reds will win an election it is plane and simple the yellows want a leader without democracy ! they have to bite there tongues. i don't like my country's PM but what can i do about other than place my vote.

sorry yellows. i know u don't agree with the red's policies but if u want a dictator in charge then just come out and say it !

it isn't the yellows know that the reds will win an election it is plane and simple the yellows want a leader without democracy ! they have to bite there tongues. i don't like my country's PM but what can i do about other than place my vote.

sorry yellows. i know u don't agree with the red's policies but if u want a dictator in charge then just come out and say it !

Maybe form a new party of Reds and Yellows, call it the People Alliance for International Democracy... or P.A.I.D.... :)

Yes, that's really a good one! But I am a farang, so I will never understand.......too stupid!

Now the Yellow's turn to say "But the reds ...".

Get back in your box.

edit: I think this is an area where many anti-reds and the red supporters can join forces.

Take the "Yellow Pill" and everything remains the same. Take the "Red Pill" and we'll see how deep the rabbit hole goes !!!

The constant meddling by the elite in the democratic process has caused a total breakdown.

The PAD began the de-stabilisation process against the Thaksin government & it has just become worse & worse as each side takes its turn to batter its opposition. Where will it all end?

reds describe this political turmoil as a 'class conflict' between the elite and the poor. plus the complication of the real political stuggle.

all this, Thailand will be very busy ( and messy ) for coming years. certainly, it is not something we want to see :-(