Thailand's Yellow-Shirts Call For PM Abhisit To Stand Down

webfact

Can someone please point at something not involving corruption in this country for me? Where are the good guys?

Well - the BOI never asked me for a payoff - I think they are fairly clean.

Also - the one stop visa centre for BOI holders also seems pretty good.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The PAD aren't asking for dissolution of parliament they are asking Abhisit to step down as PM/Democrat leader.

Yes. In fact the PAD is asking Abhisit NOT to dissolve Parliament... that is the crux of the issue.

Everyone else agrees with most of the five conditions for peace, as they are obvious and mostly motherhood and apple pie. Completely vague and not measureable, for a reason.

What could the PAD, Peoples alliance for DEMOCRACY, possibly have against calling for elections ????? -

:-D

I suspect vote buying would be just one concern. :)

Also Thais are much less acquainted with western style propaganda so tend to be more susceptible to misinformation.

Perhaps democracy has to start with a strong and fair judicial system in which the judges and witnesses are not susceptible to outside intimidation (violent, political or otherwise). Presently this does not appear to be the case.

Edited by fullcave

I guess you dont understand the red shirts are fighting for a voice in their country/

The yellow shirts have taken control of this country and have left the poor holding an empty bag!

The RED shirts are patriots most of them are 100 per cent Thai!

While the yellow shirts have a significant percentage of Chinese blood!

Go sit in the corner with your phrenology books.

Just what everyone needs - racial purists verbally defecating with the colored class warriors. Grief. :)

I dont like rascism at all but here is a fact for you, I was a teacher at a very expensive school in Bangkok. In my class of 32 students 31 came from chinese backgrounds maybe grandparents, parents or whatever but they still considered themselves to be Thai. Bangkok was originally established by Chinese migrants and yes I do notice some very chinese features amongst those yellow shirts. Sorry if that doesnt fit your political agenda but its as much of a fact as the fact that I am a farrang and always will be one in Thai eyes and tell me thats not rascist as well!

Can someone please point at something not involving corruption in this country for me? Where are the good guys?

I,m sure there are time when they take backhanders too,

Wait i,l ask my gf if she knows anything here not corrupt and she must know and she,s always right.

Abhisit handled this all very badly - he in effect relinquished control to the army a while back and now the Yellows (allegedly close allies of the army) are asking for him to stand down? - what a coincidence - basically his bosses have sacked him.

Not nearly as Thaksin's bosses sacked him though :) After all, he's still PM

Poor Abhisit. In an effort to appease everyone, he will soon learn - between now and whenever he dissolves the House... that you can't please everyone... By trying to please everyone, you end up pleasing NO ONE.... watch... wait and see... see how people INTERPRET these five conditions... that is where the fighting and finger pointing will begin.

Well I guess this just goes to show that all the red sympathizers were wrong not only when they said Abhisit was a mouthpiece for the military but now the same can be said about the yellows. Also goes to show all the secret negotiations they claimed took place were all just paranoid and delusional thoughts the reds all seem to have,

With that said, the yellows are being incredible insane right now and shooting themselves in the foot.

Oh yea, and it also seems to show that the vast majority of folks against the red mob here on the board were not pro yellow but simply pro using your head.

Very true but there are still lots of reds (even stronger - maroon) here who don't understand.

I'm partly red, not pink, because that's a bit camp and in any case that colour has already gone to some peace group but I am surprised that Abhisit is not 100% Yellow or 100% pro military so I think I understand. It's a shame that both the reds and the Yellows want him to go now. Who are his friends? Does he have any? If he doesnt he is not a popular leader and perhaps he should just stand down and let a revolutionary take over.

LOTF. After reading your posts during 'the troubles' I definitely see you as RED through and through. Pink is the King's colour after yellow was used. Not camp but yes a 'freedom' group.

Abhisit's friends will be counted after the election which I and most free-thinking people hope will raise a majority for the Dem's across the country so they can form a govt even if formed with a few minority parties.

I doubt the reds or yellows will have parties by then.

I guess you dont understand the red shirts are fighting for a voice in their country/

The yellow shirts have taken control of this country and have left the poor holding an empty bag!

Just what everyone needs - racial purists verbally defecating with the colored class warriors. Grief. :)

I dont like rascism at all but here is a fact for you, I was a teacher at a very expensive school in Bangkok. In my class of 32 students 31 came from chinese backgrounds maybe grandparents, parents or whatever but they still considered themselves to be Thai. Bangkok was originally established by Chinese migrants and yes I do notice some very chinese features amongst those yellow shirts. Sorry if that doesnt fit your political agenda but its as much of a fact as the fact that I am a farrang and always will be one in Thai eyes and tell me thats not rascist as well!

Having said all that that Thaksin looks a bit on the Chinese side to me as well...................

Having said all that that Thaksin looks a bit on the Chinese side to me as well...................

Maybe form a new party of Reds and Yellows, call it the People Alliance for International Democracy... or P.A.I.D.... :D

Exactly! :D

Perhaps a new party of reds and yellows calling it People Reunited In Collective Kinship and Spirit or just PRICKS for short.

No it should be called the "Coalition of United National Terrorism" party and anyone with a print company out there should buy up all the orange shirts you can find as red and yellow makes orange!

"Coalition of United National Terrorism" abbreviation is C.U.N.T.! :D

Glad you got it I was trying not to be crude :)

hmm . . . I guess you meant they are very efficient, then I agree and they are much better then other 'civil services' !

they are all smart boys and girls, and never do it up front with a forgeiner ! IF you deal with them on any Thai-to-Thai business, they will know the truth very well :)

Wait i,l ask my gf if she knows anything here not corrupt and she must know and she,s always right.

You know tingtong... it is gotten to the point, where I just throw up my arms and say, there are two kinds of people who get rich in Thailand: (1) those who are corrupt, (2) those who are top expats in multinationals and have great "hardship" packages....

The people who form the committee are people who are professional and put the country first. Anybody who has help a political office or military/police post in the past is automatically ruled out.

And where would you find these people? And how would you know what's in their hearts? How would you know they're not corrupt or can't be corrupted once they're in office?

Greed is everywhere. I mean a guy worth a couple of billions of dollars should have enough for the next few generations right? But still it isn't enough and he wants more.

As I posted previously somewhere around here, the selection process should be by lottery using ID card numbers for citizens over the age of 25, with considerations for equal representation geographically, and instead of 30, choose 500 and put them through intensive 30 day training on existing procedures, and these would be the representatives, subject to 90 day performance reviews and with term limits of 3 years.

You know tingtong... it is gotten to the point, where I just throw up my arms and say, there are two kinds of people who get rich in Thailand: (1) those who are corrupt, (2) those who are top expats in multinationals and have great "hardship" packages....

Ok i see the problem now...i asked but she was busy bouncing around in the chair screaming kareoke down her notebook into the www but she did pause for a couple of seconds and sang...noooo everythings corrupt here.

Abhisit handled this all very badly - he in effect relinquished control to the army a while back and now the Yellows (allegedly close allies of the army) are asking for him to stand down? - what a coincidence - basically his bosses have sacked him.

Not nearly as Thaksin's bosses sacked him though :) After all, he's still PM

Poor Abhisit. In an effort to appease everyone, he will soon learn - between now and whenever he dissolves the House... that you can't please everyone... By trying to please everyone, you end up pleasing NO ONE.... watch... wait and see... see how people INTERPRET these five conditions... that is where the fighting and finger pointing will begin.

whatever reds wins, or government wins, Abhisit losses, definitely !

one thing he did right - not encourage further violence !

I know, we still debate on the Apr 10 incident !

The PAD aren't asking for dissolution of parliament they are asking Abhisit to step down as PM/Democrat leader.

Yes. In fact the PAD is asking Abhisit NOT to dissolve Parliament... that is the crux of the issue.

Everyone else agrees with most of the five conditions for peace, as they are obvious and mostly motherhood and apple pie. Completely vague and not measureable, for a reason.

I think they're asking the other ministers, not Abhisit personally, as he's already played his cards.

No shit Sherlock... :D

lols! Thaksin definitely has Chinese blood. For sure... it is certainly VERY STRANGE that his entire profile is that of an ELITE, undemocratic, corrupt politician.... which is exactly the OPPOSITE of what the red shirts CLAIM to stand for!!!! Believe it, or NOT!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Get a grip digger, unless it's preposterously being said that having Chinese ancestry makes you less "Thai" there's nothing being said.

"The RED shirts are patriots most of them are 100 per cent Thai!"

Yes it is being said preposterously. You could fairly add a "because" in the sentence above between "patriots" and "most"

Racial purists are the dirtiest people. Particularly those that equate racial purity with national allegiance. Not only is it dirty it's extraordinarily foolish given the history nearby countries in S.E.Asia.

The people who form the committee are people who are professional and put the country first. Anybody who has help a political office or military/police post in the past is automatically ruled out.

And where would you find these people? And how would you know what's in their hearts? How would you know they're not corrupt or can't be corrupted once they're in office?

Greed is everywhere. I mean a guy worth a couple of billions of dollars should have enough for the next few generations right? But still it isn't enough and he wants more.

As I posted previously somewhere around here, the selection process should be by lottery using ID card numbers for citizens over the age of 25, with considerations for equal representation geographically, and instead of 30, choose 500 and put them through intensive 30 day training on existing procedures, and these would be the representatives, subject to 90 day performance reviews and with term limits of 3 years.

very good one. :) I'd like to add to keep them away from public and any outside contacts for the time being. Neutral observers would be appreciated too.

I think they're asking the other ministers, not Abhisit personally, as he's already played his cards.

Check that.... I think it is Abhisit they are asking, as he will decide whether to go forward or not.... the ball is in his court, no one else's... he is giving the reds a chance to comply. If they do not, he will still go forward. His call....

Anupong was never loyal enough to carry out Abhisit's orders to crackdown on the protesters.... basically he has been insubordinate.

Seems he did not want to get his hands dirty... Anupong really is a disloyal "employee" and should have been fired a long time ago for insubordination.

It's not 100%, but many of the caddies are pretty honest.

lols! Thaksin definitely has Chinese blood. For sure... it is certainly VERY STRANGE that his entire profile is that of an ELITE, undemocratic, corrupt politician.... which is exactly the OPPOSITE of what the red shirts CLAIM to stand for!!!! Believe it, or NOT!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

nice reminder :D Mr T has all the qualities that reds don't want :D why Mr T :)

As long as she doesn't ask you to pay for the advice I guess it should be O.K. :)

It's not 100%, but many of the caddies are pretty honest.

Funny thing is if the country didn't have corruption and poverty, most farangs would't be here.

Anupong was never loyal enough to carry out Abhisit's orders to crackdown on the protesters.... basically he has been insubordinate.

Seems he did not want to get his hands dirty... Anupong really is a disloyal "employee" and should have been fired a long time ago for insubordination.

It was the army who asked Abhisit to sign a dispersion order, I think it was last Saturday which he rejected. Lack of responsibility comes to mind, also double standards. He only gave verbal orders.

I'll bet this surprises all the Red farang (eg ChiangMaiFun) who have incorrectly equated "yellow" with "Democrat."

I think they insult the word democracy. I have met a lot of Ammart yellow shirts and their views are horribly right wing and indeed they would be described as fascists in many countries. Obviously they don't want elections because they are a minority group and wouldnt win so they want an unelected dictator instead. I hate the way that they always play the royalist card as I am certain their extreme views are not shared by the majority of other royalists.The only consistant message from both the red and yellows camps is they want rid of Abhisit so why doesn't he go now and call elections earlier rather than later?

Landofthefree, that is pretty funny, come to think of it! He is quickly losing popularity faster than the Japanese Prime Minister Yukio!!!!

I also think people mis-use the word "democracy." They throw it around in an attempt to portray themselves as good and self righteous. Most don't have a clue what it means......

What could the PAD, Peoples alliance for DEMOCRACY, possibly have against calling for elections ????? -

:-D

Sure, they love democracy so much, they want elections every 6 months. :)

Part of democracy is not being forced into having elections and everyone waiting until they are actually due.

As the Chinese man replied when asked how often they have elections in China "evely morning"