Thailand's Yellow-Shirts Call For PM Abhisit To Stand Down

webfact

Maybe form a new party of Reds and Yellows, call it the People Alliance for International Democracy... or P.A.I.D.... :D

Exactly! :)

Perhaps a new party of reds and yellows calling it People Reunited In Collective Kinship and Spirit or just PRICKS for short.

No it should be called the "Coalition of United National Terrorism" party and anyone with a print company out there should buy up all the orange shirts you can find as red and yellow makes orange!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll bet this surprises all the Red farang (eg ChiangMaiFun) who have incorrectly equated "yellow" with "Democrat."

I think they insult the word democracy. I have met a lot of Ammart yellow shirts and their views are horribly right wing and indeed they would be described as fascists in many countries. Obviously they don't want elections because they are a minority group and wouldnt win so they want an unelected dictator instead. I hate the way that they always play the royalist card as I am certain their extreme views are not shared by the majority of other royalists.The only consistant message from both the red and yellows camps is they want rid of Abhisit so why doesn't he go now and call elections earlier rather than later?

Well I guess this just goes to show that all the red sympathizers were wrong not only when they said Abhisit was a mouthpiece for the military but now the same can be said about the yellows. Also goes to show all the secret negotiations they claimed took place were all just paranoid and delusional thoughts the reds all seem to have,

With that said, the yellows are being incredible insane right now and shooting themselves in the foot.

Oh yea, and it also seems to show that the vast majority of folks against the red mob here on the board were not pro yellow but simply pro using your head.

I'll bet this surprises all the Red farang (eg ChiangMaiFun) who have incorrectly equated "yellow" with "Democrat."

I think they insult the word democracy. I have met a lot of Ammart yellow shirts and their views are horribly right wing and indeed they would be described as fascists in many countries. Obviously they don't want elections because they are a minority group and wouldnt win so they want an unelected dictator instead. I hate the way that they always play the royalist card as I am certain their extreme views are not shared by the majority of other royalists.The only consistant message from both the red and yellows camps is they want rid of Abhisit so why doesn't he go now and call elections earlier rather than later?

I think the reason is, and it remains to be seen if he can pull it off, is that he has his own personal agenda to press and if he can publically set these two groups off against one another (debate not physical conflict) reasonable people will embrace Abhisit, his goals and his party. Yeah, its a longshot but I imagine he'll get some help from some quarter or other if he gets bogged down.

Democracy will never exist in Thailand until corruption is eliminated. Recently the red shirts were asking for both the UN and/or the EU to get ibvolved as referees in this dispure - a ridiculous idea as neither side would accept any advice from outsiders. They always know best.

But how about the following scenario. Both the UN and the EU encourage their member states to boycott Thai exports and tourism to Thailand until 2 criteria are met:

(A) True democracy is adopted

(:) All corruption is eradicated

Not all states would support this (especially the Asians) but hopefully enough would support the idea to significantly effect the Thai economy to the extent that the corrupt would not be able to make money out of their corruption.

Thailand is an export led economy and this would hit them where it hurts the most - in the pocket. This would hit the large elite run organisations such as CP who have a lot of clout which would hopefully bring internal pressure to bear.

Just a pipe dream I suppose but there are many examples of the UN imposing boycotts to effect political change in non democratic countries around the world. They just need to understand that Thailand is not a democracy and is one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

Abhisit handled this all very badly - he in effect relinquished control to the army a while back and now the Yellows (allegedly close allies of the army) are asking for him to stand down? - what a coincidence - basically his bosses have sacked him.

Maybe form a new party of Reds and Yellows, call it the People Alliance for International Democracy... or P.A.I.D.... :D

Perhaps a new party of reds and yellows calling it People Reunited In Collective Kinship and Spirit or just PRICKS for short.

No it should be called the "Coalition of United National Terrorism" party and anyone with a print company out there should buy up all the orange shirts you can find as red and yellow makes orange!

"Coalition of United National Terrorism" abbreviation is C.U.N.T.! :D

Police-corrupt

Justice system-corrupt

military-corrupt

present and all previous governments-corrupt

customs and excise-corrupt

Myself i find it impossible to find anything in this country which is,nt involved in corruption in one form or another, For christs sake until a few months ago we still had elephants on the street who were involved in corruption,

Can someone please point at something not involving corruption in this country for me? Where are the good guys?

Corruption seems a way of life here and has become part of the social structure, The thais have a long way to go and the near future really does,nt look good!

Police-corrupt

Justice system-corrupt

military-corrupt

Myself i find it impossible to find anything in this country which is,nt involved in corruption in one form or another, For christs sake until a few months ago we still had elephants on the street who were involved in corruption,

Can someone please point at something not involving corruption in this country for me? Where are the good guys?

Corruption seems a way of life here and has become part of the social structure, The thais have a long way to go and the near future really does,nt look good!

and... Immigration, Education, Health, Communications, Utilities, Stock Exchange, Banks, Insurance, Driving Licence's and I can go on and on.. all corrupt

Police-corrupt

Justice system-corrupt

military-corrupt

for a moment I thought you will be honest and say "I am corrupt", well ... :)

Abhisit handled this all very badly - he in effect relinquished control to the army a while back and now the Yellows (allegedly close allies of the army) are asking for him to stand down? - what a coincidence - basically his bosses have sacked him.

Not nearly as Thaksin's bosses sacked him though :) After all, he's still PM

Police-corrupt

Justice system-corrupt

military-corrupt

McDonnalds?

Edited by Neurath

I guess you dont understand the red shirts are fighting for a voice in their country/

The yellow shirts have taken control of this country and have left the poor holding an empty bag!

The RED shirts are patriots most of them are 100 per cent Thai!

While the yellow shirts have a significant percentage of Chinese blood!

Why do all the colored shirts don't understand that all they are doing is hurting the country. Thailand has lost a lot of ground vis a vis its SE Asian neighbors and in the end it does not really matter who is in power as opposed to the fact that they can actually try and make the whole country progress and move on. These street demonstrations are beyond pathetic and there is no end to it as the solution is not a solution in itself and all this at the sacrifice of billions of baht which not only hurts business owners but also all the people rely on salaries to support their families.

Well I guess this just goes to show that all the red sympathizers were wrong not only when they said Abhisit was a mouthpiece for the military but now the same can be said about the yellows. Also goes to show all the secret negotiations they claimed took place were all just paranoid and delusional thoughts the reds all seem to have,

With that said, the yellows are being incredible insane right now and shooting themselves in the foot.

Oh yea, and it also seems to show that the vast majority of folks against the red mob here on the board were not pro yellow but simply pro using your head.

Very true but there are still lots of reds (even stronger - maroon) here who don't understand.

Police-corrupt

Justice system-corrupt

military-corrupt

I can't say more then this ! oh . . . don't forget business sectors as well, universities as well !

it is a way of life, and even it has becomes part of the everyday culture !

Independent Democratic Organisation of Irate Thai's

I think the Reds and the Yellows should be able to get behind that one.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Exactly! :D

Independent Democratic Organisation of Irate Thai's

I think the Reds and the Yellows should be able to get behind that one.

IDOIT's? :):D:D

FF

Police-corrupt

Justice system-corrupt

military-corrupt

McDonnalds?

I cant even imagine McDonalds is,nt involved in corruption somewhere along the line here, In my four years here as far as i know i have never been involved in corruption even to the point of refusing to give tea money to police or to beggars who are run by the police,

Oh shit..wait a mo...forgot, i eat street food of course the street food vendors have to pay the police too!

I guess you dont understand the red shirts are fighting for a voice in their country/

The yellow shirts have taken control of this country and have left the poor holding an empty bag!

I guess you dont understand the red shirts are fighting for a voice in their country

- I see that, yet not agree the way they approach

- true !

- this is not the issue ! it is a 'class conflict', not a racial conflict !

Thai and Chinese-Thai are blent well together ! if not agree, see Indonesia !

Very true but there are still lots of reds (even stronger - maroon) here who don't understand.

I'm partly red, not pink, because that's a bit camp and in any case that colour has already gone to some peace group but I am surprised that Abhisit is not 100% Yellow or 100% pro military so I think I understand. It's a shame that both the reds and the Yellows want him to go now. Who are his friends? Does he have any? If he doesnt he is not a popular leader and perhaps he should just stand down and let a revolutionary take over.

the kids are at it again. What are their policy's. Red's the freedom to spray parliment with blood? Freedom to occupy the center of bangkok? Freedom for anyone to do stop and searches?

Yellow's freedom to close aiport's? Freedom to storm parlement? Glad I can't vote. Feel sorry for the thai's.

Police-corrupt

Justice system-corrupt

military-corrupt

McDonnalds?

I cant even imagine McDonalds is,nt involved in corruption somewhere along the line here, In my four years here as far as i know i have never been involved in corruption even to the point of refusing to give tea money to police or to beggars who are run by the police,

Oh shit..wait a mo...forgot, i eat street food of course the street food vendors have to pay the police too!

Burger King?

Police-corrupt

Justice system-corrupt

military-corrupt

McDonnalds?

Burger King?

Naa forget it...bent as a nine bob note :)

In my opinion ,this is not good news.

Foreign governements will view it as a potential cause for further instability ,and they will postpone any decision to remove Thailand from their travel ban.

What instability, look at the Thai Baht. I don't see any indications of shakiness.

Police-corrupt

Justice system-corrupt

military-corrupt

McDonnalds?

Burger King?

you guess :):D:D:D:D

Anyway like it or not if it's a fair election the Reds will win by sheer numbers and Abhisit knows since some time his days are numbered. He's just looking for the best escape route and it's doubtful his party would even let him stand as party leader at the next election as he's damaged goods not only on the Thai stage but the international stage also.

Calling for an election in November gives Abhisits gang enough time to impose an unofficial forced resignation and install a new figurehead for the party to stand as interim PM. The reds have always demanded immediate elections as they're confident that Abhisit won't be standing at the next election and a quick election would deny the oposition a reform and reshuffle to promote a new image through state run media.

Most likely outcome, "Check Mate" to the reds!

Go sit in the corner with your phrenology books.

Just what everyone needs - racial purists verbally defecating with the colored class warriors. Grief. :)