Police Arrest 40 In Massive Walking Street Drug Crackdown

Rimmer

Police Arrest 40 in Massive Walking Street Drug Crackdown

PATTAYA:-- A joint taskforce of over 100 police officers from various provincial commands conducted a random search at a popular Walking Street nightclub early on Sunday morning. During the preceding investigations police arrested up to 40 persons who had presented positive samples during drug tests, including numerous nightclub staff members.

Over 100 officers joined in on the investigation searching for illegal drugs, weapons and underage girls. Following the search of approximately 500 patrons, mainly foreign tourists,

Full story and vid

HERE

Pattaya Daily News

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-05-09

The Pattaya Daily News reporter writes like someone biting the hand that feeds them. He writes that Walking Street is notorious.

A few months ago the police raided Insomnia, first thing they did was to tell all the foreign tourists to leave, then checked the Thais that were left inside.

It was at Insomnia Club, and I went there (with a female friend) around 2AM, when I saw hoards of Police around the entrance and in the lower level I-Bar--also a part of Insomnia.

Apparently, Police went to the upstairs club and shut all doors and the DJ announced that nobody was allowed to leave until they were cleared by Police....in the meantime nobody was allowed into the Club (thank God we got there after all this) and in hanging around for a few minutes I spoke to an English fellow that was "excused" by Police. He didn't give a urine sample but was frisked "thoroughly" and released...however, his girlfriend (Thai) was not allowed to leave, and he gave me the impression the Police were targeting Thai women, moreso than Farang men (underage + drugs). He claims he had been waiting for about 30 minutes for her....judging by the photos of queuing Thai girls (to give urine, check age...?), I would bet he waited a while longer.

A "fortunate" circumstance for me...I could have easily been inside, but my girl wanted to dance hip-hop, so we went to Lucifer first..I wonder why it's always Insomnia that gets raided???

Edited by Harley62

UPDATE

35 arrested at Insomnia Nightclub on Walking Street during Police raid

PATTAYA:-- In the early hours of Sunday Morning, the Insomnia Nightclub located on Walking Street was once again the target of a Police raid. Officers from Pattaya Police, Chonburi Provincial Police and the Narcotics Suppression Bureau were involved in the raid which saw the club closed down and a random selection of patrons and staff members subjected to urine tests. At the end of the operation a total of 35 people were arrested,

More on the raid with pictures

HERE

gallery_327_1086_7880.png

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-05-10

Interesting, wonder why the writer of the article deliberately did not name the establishment?

• Told not to by the police?
  • Owner threatening to sue if they name?
  • Could not spell it?

They also got the arrest figures wrong.