U Torrent Against Bit Torrent

jori

Downloading using both systems which I thought were much of a muchness,the u torrent is slower queuing is longer and only takes in one download as a time, while bit torrent takes up to 10 downloads at a time with no queuing,I know about bandwidth ,but is there anything else that is holding u torrent up

Play with the setting I utorrent it's all changable

what you need to check is that your ports are forwarding correctly or you will be unable to connect to many users. It's all in the help

what you need to check is that your ports are forwarding correctly or you will be unable to connect to many users. It's all in the help

I don't see any difference running UTorrent straight up or with ports forwarded. I can achieve my maximum download speed with no port forwarding.

I don't see any difference running UTorrent straight up or with ports forwarded. I can achieve my maximum download speed with no port forwarding.

i believe the most recent versions of uTorrent will auto-set the proper configuration.

If you google UTorrent speedup, there are several well written guides that will walk you through various tweeks which will improve performance.

:) thanks for that

Virgin Media had put a block on the ports I was using and this seems to got round it

There should be no difference between various Torrent Clients.

I used BTV Cable internet and they are blocking the Torrent protocol.

However as a 4 yrs user of 3BB Maxnet (Premier) all runs well, full speed.

Cheers

i believe the most recent versions of uTorrent will auto-set the proper configuration.

Your belief is wrong. Even though I can download at the limit of my connection speed, the ports are still showing up as "not open", however I do get the green arrow indicating that my network is working as it should.

Your belief is wrong. Even though I can download at the limit of my connection speed, the ports are still showing up as "not open", however I do get the green arrow indicating that my network is working as it should.

sorry about that. i'm very skinny. but, with that being out of the way. sounds like uTorrent is auto-configured to work out of the box for you. no need to port forward by key-ing in values manually. just like i said :)

Edited by anothertorres