Gay Expats Hangout?

Hi,

I am moving with work to BKK for two years. I am currently working in the Middle East. I have been dating local guys here on and off and I am sick of it.

I am looking forward to moving to BKK, I have never been before. I am looking to date only Expat guys though. I know this sounds bloody terrible but I need a dose of normality for a while. I am not racist but i feel i can develop something on an equal footing with another expat. The langauge barrier and was also really frustrating.

Are there any specific places that gay expats hang out? I hope you can help.

TD

Edited by teacherdude

It is not unknown for foreigners to dally with each other here. The venues where they typically congregate are few, though, so you will either find that fortunate or not. If you are hanging out in the tourist bar scene, you will probably meet people who want to chat and pass the time, but aren't interested in other foreigners as more than friends. The place you are most likely to find foreigners who may or may not express a different kind of interest in you would be the Babylon; it's a sauna which has positioned itself more for the foreign and tourist crowd. Be warned, however, that you are most likely to find the foreigners there interested in such of the local community that go there; your goal is not impossible but you will be swimming upstream.