Thai Authorities To Sever Red-Shirts Supply Lines

webfact

AFP: Thailand rejected as member of UN Human Rights Council: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...R3oQ6ZSXmCHYP-w

May be this is why they decided against cutting off water supplies and food to the protesters?

It would indeed contravene basic Human Rights.

This news must be a great shock to the PM?????

that was maybe a 4 year old link. It can't be accessed anymore. Decision will be tomorrow if Thailand passes the requirements or not.

wow . . . this is a big trade off !!

either we let the reds stay and bite the human right of the Bangkok residents, or

the Thai government makes a decision ( an ACTION ) to clean it up now ?

who gives a fuc_k about the UN human rights council ? the US are a member and that should be enough said about the council - also, Terrorists have no human rights

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On another note, who's been feeding the fish at the aquarium in the basement? Could be a lot of hungry sharks waiting for a taste of red meat once this is all over.

Where's Veera?

He's sleeping with the fishes?

The redshirt movement always was a very fishy one, and the shark in Dubai certainly has his hooks in them. If their food supplies are cut it will be aquarium supplied fish suppers all round. I wonder if the idiot Aussie on stage will be charged the farang rate when he goes in to catch his?

On another note, who's been feeding the fish at the aquarium in the basement? Could be a lot of hungry sharks waiting for a taste of red meat once this is all over.

Where's Veera?

The redshirt movement always was a very fishy one, and the shark in Dubai certainly has his hooks in them. If their food supplies are cut it will be aquarium supplied fish suppers all round. I wonder if the idiot Aussie on stage will be charged the farang rate when he goes in to catch his?

As in "Luca Brazi, he sleeps with the fishes"...... :)

godfather-luca.jpg

AFP: Thailand rejected as member of UN Human Rights Council: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...R3oQ6ZSXmCHYP-w

May be this is why they decided against cutting off water supplies and food to the protesters?

that was maybe a 4 year old link. It can't be accessed anymore. Decision will be tomorrow if Thailand passes the requirements or not.

wow . . . this is a big trade off !!

either we let the reds stay and bite the human right of the Bangkok residents, or

the Thai government makes a decision ( an ACTION ) to clean it up now ?

who gives a fuc_k about the UN human rights council ? the US are a member and that should be enough said about the council - also, Terrorists have no human rights

exactly, no discussion for those who broke the law and made a big messy here ! they are indeed terrorists who kill innocents, who kill the economy !

don't understand what the government is waiting for ?

there are h_ll of workd ahead to patch and to recover this country !

a short sharp pain is better than a long dull pain !

Where's Veera?

:)

IMO, that's one of the main reasons why Abhisit didn't crack down at the start. It would have stopped the protests, but it wouldn't have solved the problem.

The way the reds have acted, they have lost a lot of that marginal support. Now they only have the hard core, or brainwashed support.

They were given a way out at the negotiations 6 weeks ago, but failed to take the chance. The April 10 riots happened, and that was a PR disaster for them because of the reds "men in black" caught with guns, and army killed by grenades.

Then the Chula Hospital fiasco stuffed it for them completely. Since then, they haven't had anything to lose.

They have been trying to put the blame onto Suthep and Abhisit, and denying any fault themselves ever since. That hasn't worked very well.

Which ever way this goes now, there will still be grenades flying. But, IMO, the reds have lost a lot of their popular support, so a "civil war" is not likely.

My friend this is far above the heads of the red shirts rank and file or even their leaders .

There are deep divisions within army and police and both sides have weapons of war .

Believe me , you dont want to have violence in the streets

Then no one would want to live in Thailand ....

I do...and I`m sure not your "friend"

Desperately trying not to loose faith in Abhisit & co, but if a few bus-loads of scaly "now then's" took over London Piccadilly Circus for eight weeks protesting because they no longer had their freebie LCD TV's or SUV's paid for by the BNP, kids in the crowd or not I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be allowed to continue for this long.

My ex employers has a rack of modems on Chid Lom which do need to be on 24/7 as part of a customer SLA. Undecided right now whether the customers would understand if they were unavailable for a few days. The office does have a generator to power the lifts and the office has plugged into it before during blackouts - the question here is would anybody be around to man it!

It's a tricky dilemma, but doing f' all (as it appears now) is no excuse.

LOL ....

Sorry kiddo but there is still no Human Right to have a protest in a city center that the government has deemed illegal and given you a lawful order to leave. Since there are armed terrorists in the redshirts and the reds are not being held there against their will, they all become complicit in the violence and all can be considered ared. Hiding behind gasoline soaked tires with weapons and broadcasting threats against people AND the government doesn't help. Violating the rights of the patients at Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital didn't help. Attacking 1st Regiment and Thaicom with petrol bombs didn't help the redshirt cause either. Kidnapping employees of the hospital ..... etc etc etc.

Again -- please tell us where an illegal violent protest is a "Human Right"

Lol good job you ain't applying for the job.

Cut there Phones cut there Electric! sure no problem

But intentionaly cutting off food and water would be massive violation of Human Rights.

Think about it

I've had enough of this crap for the day. This morning I had hope a peaceful end was imminent But the gov't couldn't even carry out the simplest of plans -- turn off the water, power and phones. How incredibly f@cking pathetic! The impotence boggles the mind.

Carry on guys.

One more thing that no-one has mentioned: Pratunam is full of little sois running off in all directions. It would be almost impossible for the army to block them all off. Trying to isolate the area won't cut off their supplies and will just inconvenience the local residents. The only thing that would break up the protest would be to cut off their funds. Even if they would continue to protest without being paid, they need to pay for food and other supplies. Without money, the protest would wither and die.

Yes, there is a thought. As Thai Military Intelligence seems to be something of an oxymoron perhaps they can sub-contract the job to Mossad. Coming to think of it why haven't they shut down all Thaksin's financial interests here and confiscated the lot as bail for his treason?

Sorry the I copied the link wrong

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...R3oQ6ZSXmCHYP-w

why should thailand not be eligible, because of the killing of 2500 people during the war of drugs???

Hmmmmm, this could backfire.

If they try to stop the flow of reds coming into the camp, all hel_l could break lose. From a tacticle standpoint, they would then have reds to the front AND to the back of them. Army and police stuck in the middle.

This will either work or fail miserably. If the reds had any planning ability at all, they could surround the police and army from all sides and cripple them.

Yeah.....all 5000 of them.... there are 50,000 army and Police...

Remember the last time police and army tried to stop red shirts coming into the city? The "Viphavadee Incident", when a red shirt convoy came out of Rajprasong and drove up Viphavadee to pick up the red shirt convoy that wasn't being let into Bangkok.

I've had enough of this crap for the day. This morning I had hope a peaceful end was imminent But the gov't couldn't even carry out the simplest of plans -- turn off the water, power and phones. How incredibly f@cking pathetic! The impotence boggles the mind.

Carry on guys.

Read my last post.

You always ask proof of everything, and YOU can never give us any reliable link or proof....Only one reason...There is no such link or proof to support your verbal diarrhea

By Stingray, this blog national security journalistEye witness report said soldiers and police that are sympathizers of the red shirt fired live bullets at soldiers loyal to Prayuth and Prem-who were shooting at the red shirt.

Eye witness said soldiers loyal to Prayuth went on top of many buildings near the Cow Corale and fired live bullets onto the red shirt crowd below-killing and wounding many.

Eye witness said many soldiers and police who were involved in controlling the crowd below, once saw the murdering spree-abandoned their duty and began firing at the soldiers on to of the buildings and hit many-and the killing spree stopped.

Eye witness said if not for these soldiers and police-there would have been hundreds killed.

April 11, 2010

http://<URL Automatically Removed>/2010/04/11/mobile-post-red-soldiers-and-police-combat-prayuth-soldiers-saving-hundreds-of-lives/

Just wondering who is the one with diarrhea ? :D

LMAO

Okay, even if we were to pretend this blogger, who posted your "proof", was an actual news source .....

Eye witness said soldiers loyal to Prayuth went on top of many buildings near the Cow Corale and fired live bullets onto the red shirt crowd below-killing and wounding many.

So, UNNAMED eye witness can tell who a soldier is loyal to by looking at them.

Maybe next time you can link to your own ranting posts as proof to what you say. ROFL :)

Believe what you want . Many soldiers are from the North and Isaan in general .

Even my brother in law from cental thailand is a soldier .

Do you think they would shoot at their own mothers , brothers and sisters ?

They are not crazy unlike some arm chair warrior here .. you maybe ?

That report is perfectly credible

We already know that these "family" soldiers will not be the ones going in.. certain well trained and loyal regiments have already been well prepared for this job....... including elite Air-Force personel....... we should all stay well away from the Red Shirt Ghetto for the next few days....

LOL ....

Sorry kiddo but there is still no Human Right to have a protest in a city center that the government has deemed illegal and given you a lawful order to leave. Since there are armed terrorists in the redshirts and the reds are not being held there against their will, they all become complicit in the violence and all can be considered ared. Hiding behind gasoline soaked tires with weapons and broadcasting threats against people AND the government doesn't help. Violating the rights of the patients at Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital didn't help. Attacking 1st Regiment and Thaicom with petrol bombs didn't help the redshirt cause either. Kidnapping employees of the hospital ..... etc etc etc.

But intentionaly cutting off food and water would be massive violation of Human Rights.

Think about it

I don't think it's practical but I disagree it is a violation of human rights. They have only to walk outside their own barricades to have as much food and water as they'd like, were it to be cut off.

Think about it

Think about this - those few remaining losers can walk out anytime they want and eat and drink to their hearts content. No one is stopping them. The government will even provide transportation home. But first the leaders can head over to McDonalds to pig out and the followers to the nearest somtam stand. What human right is violated there?

... (Don't ask me why the government let them in weeks ago, if I recall right the Siam Paragon has not generator store....)

But it has got a number of nice cars on the 3rd floor. They could rig something up with them. Or will we see the red leaders making a break for it in brand new Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches, Jaguars, Maseratis and Lotuses, dressed in Paul Smith suits and toting LV handbags, after having eaten the McDonalds restaurants out of burgers?

I know the bosses at the aquarium. They have had their operational staff in there the while time. Sometimes sleeping overnight. The rest of the place has been shut down for about 6 weeks now. Most of there staff are on unpaid leave now.

They are staging an ILLEGAL occupation. Bountiful food and water is available minutes from their occupation area. All they have to do is LEAVE. They should leave. Thailand is DISGUSTED with the red shirts. Face it.

Don't you think you're repeating yourself a little too often?

Seriously, I think that we'll just have to accept that the red shirts will be camped out at Rajprasong for the next 8 months, until the Constitution Court delivers the verdict that the Democrats will be dissolved because of corruption.

Remember when Bangkok had to put up with the yellow shirts for 8 months until the Constitution Court delivered the verdict that Thaksin's party would be dissolved?

Looks like the same thing is happening now. Same thing. New shirt.

They are staging an ILLEGAL occupation. Bountiful food and water is available minutes from their occupation area. All they have to do is LEAVE. They should leave. Thailand is DISGUSTED with the red shirts. Face it.

Don't you think you're repeating yourself a little too often?

Seriously, I think that we'll just have to accept that the red shirts will be camped out at Rajprasong for the next 8 months, until the Constitution Court delivers the verdict that the Democrats will be dissolved because of corruption.

Remember when Bangkok had to put up with the yellow shirts for 8 months until the Constitution Court delivered the verdict that Thaksin's party would be dissolved?

Looks like the same thing is happening now. Same thing. New shirt.

You are accusing ME of repeating myself, parrotboy? Cherish the moment.

I think the tolerance for the red shirt thugs holding Thailand hostage is just about running out, thank you very much. The vast majority of the Thai people want this taken care of.

Edited by Jingthing

When this thing first started, I told my wife it is easy to chase the Red Shirts out, just do more or less what Abhisit is proposing for this evening. She told me I was crazy (she says this a lot), and that you can't just cut off water and electricity to an area where other people live and where there are two hospitals (Chula and The Police General Hospital). I had to back off of my argument and agree with her.

Now, this is what Abhisit is threatening. Given I am now educated, I have to believe like the Red Shirts that it is a bluff.

Cutting off the electric and water to the protesters doesn't matter, they have plenty of stock on hand. But cutting it off to the residents forces the residents to leave the area.

That way, there will be no "collateral damage" should the shooting start again.

The Headline says " cutting off SUPPLY lines................

Wow...isn't that great....after 2 months they have decided to cut off electric, water, etc. Should have been done 6 weeks ago.

cannot cut.... Embassies, hospital,... in the area....

Listen up, here's how electricity works: It's generated. It runs through two insulated wires (in more civilized countries, there's a 3rd 'ground' wire). If the government wanted to cut electric, all they'd need is someone with some testicular fortitude, a pair or leather gloves and a stout wire cutter. If the Reds get threatening (which they do about everything that isn't flattering to their lost cause), then post a few armed men to cover for the wire cutter.

Actually.................. electricity is generated in 3 phases, with a 4th wire (neutral) to carry any imbalance. You can leave your testicles well out of it, and turn it off with a circuit breaker, or for more localisation, pull out and remove the drop-down fuses found on most transformers. The fuses are not the sort that you can buy at an electrical retailer.

A report of an electrical worker saying that he would refuse to cut off supply to the red-skirts. Hopefully, he'll be looking for other work tomorrow. Anybody who feels that they can't carry out their duties because of sympathy for the red cause should be given the chance to work in another field.

LOL ....

Think about it

all they have to do is stop their illegal activity and they can eat as much som tam as they want BUT in fuc_king Isaan and NOT in the center of Bangkok

Edited by Herm

They are still going to cut off all people going in as part of their "seal off" plans I hope...?

At the end of Sukhumvit Soi 19 this evening was an army truck parked where the U-Turn area is. There was an army guy and girl standing on it in full gear, the guy with a guitar and mic, the girl with a mic, singing away. Didn't hear if it was a Thai or western song, but I presume it was to pacify the passing tourists somewhat. I poo you not. I'm used to seeing some surreal < expletive> here but this really took the cake.

Abhisit is starting to be labelled as NATO on the various Thai webboards - No Action Talk Only.